Goodbye 12th Man

scutterhawk

Reaction score
253hawk":1zazfmj1 said:
There's also this...

Seahawks vs. fan in trademark fight over '12's' - http://www.king5.com/story/local/2014/08/20/14046510/

This whole thing is stupid, copyright is stupid, and to be quite honest I'm sick and tired of 12 this and 12 that. Stop, just stop. :177692:
Ya gotta admit though, this guy has taken "SNIVELING" to a whole new level, maybe not to the 9 year olds level of Texas A & M, but then again, we are always hearing that.....................Everything's Bigger In Texas :lol: :stirthepot: :lol:

Reaction score
They should just come up with a clever way around it by calling the 12th man the "loudest fans in the country" or something they have the money to come up with a way around this stupid copyright.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It might also be that frankly there are a lot of rabid fans that are women too.

We might as well recognize that.

I prefer the 12s. Anyone lucky enough to have a gf or wife that loves football and follows the Hawks should too.

And anything we can do to separate ourselves from the A&M fan base (like being able to count to 12 without looking up the answer) might be a great idea.

Either way, I think we have cemented what Seattle fans are vs what else is out there - no matter what you call us.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Paul Allen was only playing nice and paying the fee as a goodwill gesture... and, of course avoid any perceived controversy with an institution of higher learning (cough, cough)... If the college decides to start unfarely extorting Mr. Allen and the Seahawks franchise, I'm quite sure Mr. Allen could turn the campus of Texas A&M University to scortched bare earth by 5pm tomorrow.

kobebryant

Reaction score
chris98251":3j6zz4lr said:
They can call us the 12's in marketing etc, we all know were the 12th man and A&M can't do squat.

As far as the OP, yeah first post and your asking what to call the fans, you need to stay after school and get caught up on your homework.

Ironic, given the grade school level grammatical error in the first sentence.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Well I can testify that nothing gets bigger just because you move to Texas. :)

Wait, my bank account did.
But y'all know what I meant.

Just one of the reasons I don't care for the aggies. And no I don't hold any animosity towards the students

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":8yj058x9 said:
Personally I don't care for the whole 12's thing.

Just sounds dumb. I am a 12th man, not a 12.
This times 1000.

12s is just stupid

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
It doesnt really bother me.

12s or 12th Man, same context. If Texas A&M wants to be a dick about it, let them try to play PA out of his money bc they are only going to end up with nothing at all for it. This is an easy money grab for them but trying push for outrageous amounts of money just shows how stupid they are.

Besides Legion of 12s has a nice ring to it as opposed Legion of the 12th Man.

Rainger

Reaction score
Hey just an Idea from another thread. How about someone who has ties to the team or Paul Allen get him (them) to trademark "NW 12th man", or "Seattle 12th Man" or "Seahawks 12th Man" or "12th Man NW"They can then put that on anything and everything and the fans can shorten it to the 12th man without trademark infringement cause we aren't marketing anything.

hawkstrap

Reaction score
When you say the "12th man " you think Seahawks. Because we have enormous wieners

SeaTown81

Reaction score
If you don't see how the Hawks have changed their messaging towards "12's", you're not paying attention. It's beyond obvious. Comes from the top on down. In everything put out by the team. From everyone who works for the team. It is clear as day.

And it sounds stupid as hell.

Every time I hear someone besides a player use the term (for whatever reason, when they do it, it's not so dorky sounding), it comes off to me as old people trying to sound young and hip. "Yo 12's! What up?!" Just terrible. I cringe every time. It's just really dumb. If you're a middle-aged white guy and you say "12's" you sound stupid. You just do. You might as well wear a flat brimmed hat with the sticker left on it.

Whatever happened to simply "Hey Seahawks fans!"? What's so wrong with that?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Somewhere just recently I saw a gargantuan sign hanging in one of the other NFL stadiums, proclaiming them the "Home of the 12th Man," or something like that. I was quite weirded out by it, as it was a team that no one would really think of as a big fan-propelled team.

Seattle is hardly the only team, even hardly the only NFL team to use the "12th Man" in advertising.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
One more thing. If you take a picture of yourself, post it on the internet, and refer to it as a "twelfie", you are a horrible person. Please go root for the 49ers or Johnny Manziel. Thank you.

/end of grumpy old 32 year old man rant.