GOLDEN TATE

quadsas

Reaction score
I love the man, does anyone else think he is going to KILL it this season? Isn't it his contract year as well?

SDHawk

Reaction score
Reminds me alot of Hines Ward. Hoping he has a similar season to Ward in 2002.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Yeah, with Percy out I'm expecting him to have a monster season. He's definitely going to earn that new contract, from whoever (hopefully Seattle) ends up paying him.

I'm thinkin he has that Jordy Nelson 4th year explosion, except maybe not as drastic because Seattle's wayyy more committed to the run than Green Bay ever has been in the recent past.

ensett

Reaction score
Tate is impossible to tackle. I dont know how he does it either, its not like Lynch who just powers through you, Tate just makes you look like you suck at tackling

Sac

Reaction score
ensett":7q0kfb03 said:
Tate is impossible to tackle. I dont know how he does it either, its not like Lynch who just powers through you, Tate just makes you look like you suck at tackling

Truth

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
That play where the whistle blew the play dead and he wasn't even down was BS last night. If there was no whistle, I think he was gone. He broke a crapload of tackles. I love the way Tate plays and blocks. He is a beast.

hawker84

Reaction score
ensett":2enqlhuy said:

very true, and evidence of this was on that early whistle to kill the play when he was still fighting to break loose and eventually did, it would have been a big gain had they not blown that whistle. Ref's are definately in pre-season form, they got to let these YAC playmakers finish plays.

oasis

Reaction score
He needs to better improvise if he's not open initially.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
If Tate got more separation he would be an elite WR but as he is now, just a good number 2. He can shed tackles. He will be a big contributor this year, with harvin out.

beasthawk

Reaction score
So.. I believe he's good, but there seems to be a topic every other week swooning on how good he is like its old news, it's true though him and Russ have wonderful friendship and chemistry, plus GT can stretttttchh...

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Lacks great seperation skills. Love his playmaking ability but Rice, Miller, and Harvin are more important.

squirrelmaster

Reaction score
good point. a couple of other guys that lack separation skills... BMW playing with hasselbeck, anquan boldin last year... Its not all about separation. More about gaining the trust of your qb to throw it to you even when you dont have it, knowing that you will make the catch, or at least prevent an int when every one else is also covered. Sure wilson could just throw it away and play the next down, but when you have a player that gives you a better than average chance... just a question for all you stat guys, how many picks did wilson throw last year when targeting tate?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3uhvnbxt said:
Lacks great seperation skills. Love his playmaking ability but Rice, Miller, and Harvin are more important.

Hey Wen, your sig link has been axed by the NFL. Just an FYI. And I think Tate has AWESOME separation skills! Didn't you see the separation he got just before he caught the Hail-Mary game-winner vs Green Bay? Doesn't get much better than that! :D

dunceface

Reaction score
squirrelmaster":3jnbpq0q said:
good point. a couple of other guys that lack separation skills... BMW playing with hasselbeck, anquan boldin last year... Its not all about separation. More about gaining the trust of your qb to throw it to you even when you dont have it, knowing that you will make the catch, or at least prevent an int when every one else is also covered. Sure wilson could just throw it away and play the next down, but when you have a player that gives you a better than average chance... just a question for all you stat guys, how many picks did wilson throw last year when targeting tate?

Great point. I'm a big fan of what Tate does

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Among other things Tate showed he can throw a nice block when it's needed.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SDHawk":tpyyytb8 said:
Reminds me alot of Hines Ward. Hoping he has a similar season to Ward in 2002.
Wrong! Hines Ward was an overrated cheap shot artist! When Tate ,
"Taters" a lb'er it's a clean hit despite what that nancy boy Goodell says!

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I wish Tate didn't get compared to Wines Hard. Makes me sad. Tate doesn't jump up and argue for flags every time he drops the ball.