Golden Tate, the better Harvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK84

Reaction score
shawnsim":18sknyxv said:
SacHawk2.0":18sknyxv said:
He doesn't have to come in and dominate. All he has to do is coffee in and give defensive coordinators one more thing to worry about. And that helps out the whole team.

A high dollar decoy?

Cash is king really soon.

We are 9-1 without Harvin. Get him out and free some money up for our PROVEN stars.

If Harvin comes in and doesn't do anything for the rest of the year and throughout the playoffs, AND THEN you made this thread, you know, during the offseason, it might make sense. But right now, before he's ever had the chance to play a single down? Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Its going to be fun having them both on the field. On that bubble screen which Tate took for a nice gain the other day... Percy scores. He out runs the safetys angle and ends up in the end zone.

OP
OP
S

shawnsim

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":14zvjdza said:
I smell a troll.

Not a troll, just being a realist. IMO just stating that Golden is every bit Harvins equal.

There is simply no data to suggest that Harvin will be a help this year, based upon last year.

Maybe I am high on my guys being so awesome without him.

I worry about a guy coming off IR cold with the seasons outcome on the line.

Sac

Reaction score
shawnsim":gmlsxb5u said:
Sports Hernia":gmlsxb5u said:
I smell a troll.

Not a troll, just being a realist. IMO just stating that Golden is every bit Harvins equal.

There is simply no data to suggest that Harvin will be a help this year, based upon last year.

Golden is not Harvins equal. Harvin is not Goldens equal. They're different players.

To suggest that there is no data that supports Harvin helping our team is to assume that the team is as good as it could possibly be, and that's a fallacy.

OP
OP
S

shawnsim

Reaction score
KK84":2f2qwkjz said:
shawnsim":2f2qwkjz said:
SacHawk2.0":2f2qwkjz said:
He doesn't have to come in and dominate. All he has to do is coffee in and give defensive coordinators one more thing to worry about. And that helps out the whole team.

A high dollar decoy?

We are 9-1 without Harvin. Get him out and free some money up for our PROVEN stars.

If Harvin comes in and doesn't do anything for the rest of the year and throughout the playoffs, AND THEN you made this thread, you know, during the offseason, it might make sense. But right now, before he's ever had the chance to play a single down? Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Hindsight is great. If I am right I would never insult you by calling you "dumb"

It is just an opinion :D

OP
OP
S

shawnsim

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":h7tam5wk said:
shawnsim":h7tam5wk said:
Sports Hernia":h7tam5wk said:
I smell a troll.

Golden is not Harvins equal. Harvin is not Goldens equal. They're different players.

To suggest that there is no data that supports Harvin helping our team is to assume that the team is as good as it could possibly be, and that's a fallacy.

With a one year layover we shall see.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
shawnsim":1cljaxhb said:
Sports Hernia":1cljaxhb said:
I smell a troll.

What you mean "based on last year"? Harvin was an MVP candidate before he got injured.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The OP is going to want to forget he made this thread when he see's what Harvin can do, Tate been great, but Harvin is a whole other level of ridiculousness when it comes to talent, this dude was an MVP candidate, a true super star.

HansGruber

Reaction score
We gave up a first round pick that could have been spent on an offensive lineman. Then, we gave up enough salary cap to resign Richard Sherman.

And Harvin has yet to play a single down.

Don't think OP is trolling.

Harvin needs to prove his value. So far, all he has proven is that Minnesota got the better end of that trade.

For him to justify that trade, he needs to score the touchdown that wins our first SuperBowl. He needs to prove that he's worth more than a starting offensive lineman and Sherman combined.

So far, he's a massive fail. Just another body on the injury report. We'll all find out soon enough if he's just another carpenter+housh or an actual asset.

formido

Reaction score
shawnsim":30rdp8fz said:
KK84":30rdp8fz said:
shawnsim":30rdp8fz said:
SacHawk2.0":30rdp8fz said:

A high dollar decoy?

Hindsight is great. If I am right I would never insult you by calling you "dumb"

You're a troll because you keep ignoring the substantive points and trying to engage on people who were annoyed by you. You seem awfully cocky for someone who doesn't appear to understand that Tate and Harvin play different positions. There's no downside to having both Tate and Harvin, only upside. Tate was the #1 receiver in broken tackle percentage last year, Harvin was #3, Lynch is #2 in yards after contact this year, Russell Wilson was #1 in broken tackles for QBs last year: We are building a team of playmakers who are difficult to tackle, meaning Carroll's goal of leading the league in "explosive plays" becomes even easier. The more players we have like this, the more pressure it puts on the defense and the more it multiplies their individual effectiveness.

You're creating a false trade-off. We are not choosing Tate over Harvin. If the price is right, we will keep them both. I regard it as likely. Other players, less valuable than Harvin, will be the odd men out, e.g., Sidney Rice.

No one's claiming Harvin is a savior, which is a straw man on your part. Harvin is a luxury, and an extremely nice one.

As for having been out for a long period, reports from the team and the staff are that Harvin is mind-blowingly fast and explosive. Russell Wilson is reportedly giddy.

So, stats matter, and stats disprove your contention irrefutably, but they're by no means necessary to understand the situation.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HansGruber":1oi7snyt said:
We gave up a first round pick that could have been spent on an offensive lineman. Then, we gave up enough salary cap to resign Richard Sherman.

Harvin needs to prove his value. So far, all he has proven is that Minnesota got the better end of that trade.

For him to justify that trade, he needs to score the touchdown that wins our first SuperBowl. He needs to prove that he's worth more than a starting offensive lineman and Sherman combined.

So far, he's a massive fail. Just another body on the injury report. We'll all find out soon enough if he's just another carpenter+housh or an actual asset.

No. OP is clearly saying Tate is better than Harvin. All of that extra doesn't matter. Harvin is clearly the better player and like others have said...they will play different roles when both are on the field so there's no choosing one over the other.

OP
OP
S

shawnsim

Reaction score
I worry that Seattle is going to get into this "cute little offensive package" Because of Harvin. So far Harvin is unproven.

His day was 2 years ago.

My assertion is worship the idols on the team at present.

HansGruber

Reaction score
-The Glove-":ddif11dr said:
HansGruber":ddif11dr said:

No. OP is clearly saying Tate is better than Harvin. All of that extra doesn't matter. Harvin is clearly the better player and like others have said...they will play different roles when both are on the field

Harvin is not clearly better. How can you even say that? The dude hasn't even played a down. He's collected millions in salary without doing anything.

So far he's the worst trade in the history of the franchise because he has consumed massive salary cap without ever playing. He has contributed nothing. NOTHING.

I'll buy in when he shows up to play.

OP
OP
S

shawnsim

Reaction score
-The Glove-":10vbblt6 said:
shawnsim":10vbblt6 said:
Sports Hernia":10vbblt6 said:
I smell a troll.

What you mean "based on last year"? Harvin was an MVP candidate before he got injured.

Lol. Talking about Tate.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
shawnsim":281phmns said:
I worry that Seattle is going to get into this "cute little offensive package" Because of Harvin. So far Harvin is unproven.

His day was 2 years ago.

2 years ago!? Are you insane? He was putting up fantastic numbers last year before he got hurt playing, ironically, against us! And he was doing it with a RB named Peterson who was on track to break the record for most yards in a season...you still want to go on with your train of thought?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HansGruber":2zd2q205 said:
-The Glove-":2zd2q205 said:
HansGruber":2zd2q205 said:

No. OP is clearly saying Tate is better than Harvin. All of that extra doesn't matter. Harvin is clearly the better player and like others have said...they will play different roles when both are on the field

Harvin is not clearly better. How can you even say that? The dude hasn't even played a down. He's collected millions in salary without doing anything.

So far he's the worst trade in the history of the franchise because he has consumed massive salary cap without ever playing. He has contributed nothing. NOTHING.

I'll buy in when he shows up to play.
So everything we know about him... Everything he's done on the field doesn't matter because he was in different colors?

Throwdown

Reaction score
OkieHawk":10iv6awa said:
shawnsim":10iv6awa said:

His day was 2 years ago.

2 years ago!? Are you insane? He was putting up fantastic numbers last year before he got hurt playing, ironically, against us! And he was doing it with a RB named Peterson who was on track to break the record for most yards in a season...you still want to go on with your train of thought?

MVP candidate with god damn Christian Ponder at QB too!

Tate's been balling the last few weeks, but c'mon this is outta hand right now.

HansGruber

Reaction score
formido":xve5j6bb said:
shawnsim":xve5j6bb said:
KK84":xve5j6bb said:
shawnsim":xve5j6bb said:
SacHawk2.0 said:

A high dollar decoy?

You're a troll because you keep ignoring the substantive points and trying to engage on people who were annoyed by you. You seem awfully cocky for someone who doesn't appear to understand that Tate and Harvin play different positions. There's no downside to having both Tate and Harvin, only upside. Tate was the #1 receiver in broken tackle percentage last year, Harvin was #3, Lynch is #2 in yards after contact this year, Russell Wilson was #1 in broken tackles for QBs last year: We are building a team of playmakers who are difficult to tackle, meaning Carroll's goal of leading the league in "explosive plays" becomes even easier. The more players we have like this, the more pressure it puts on the defense and the more it multiplies their individual effectiveness.

You're creating a false trade-off. We are not choosing Tate over Harvin. If the price is right, we will keep them both. I regard it as likely. Other players, less valuable than Harvin, will be the odd men out, e.g., Sidney Rice.

No one's claiming Harvin is a savior, which is a straw man on your part. Harvin is a luxury, and an extremely nice one.

As for having been out for a long period, reports from the team and the staff are that Harvin is mind-blowingly fast and explosive. Russell Wilson is reportedly giddy.

So, stats matter, and stats disprove your contention irrefutably, but they're by no means necessary to understand the situation.

The trade off will not be Harvin for Tate. It will be Sherman.

Would you choose harvin over Sherman?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
shawnsim":5vu3odw2 said:
I know I know. Everyone is claiming Harvin to be the "messiah" of this franchise but, I disagree. I think we have a better player here already. His name is Golden Tate. What can't Tate do at this point that Percy can? For some reason, I cannot see it.

Punt returns?

Bubble screens?

Yac?

In my controvertible opinion. I say jettison Harvin to save cap and, let our TRUE and proven stars be the next BIG THING.

Seriously, what has Harvin done that Tate cannot do?
Didn't your mother ever explain to you that drugs are very bad? Tate is a top level number 2 receiver, Harvin is a top level number 1 receiver, a game changer, a player that requires specific game planning among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts