Golden Tate, the better Harvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnsim

Reaction score
I know I know. Everyone is claiming Harvin to be the "messiah" of this franchise but, I disagree. I think we have a better player here already. His name is Golden Tate. What can't Tate do at this point that Percy can? For some reason, I cannot see it.

Punt returns?

Bubble screens?

Yac?

In my controvertible opinion. I say jettison Harvin to save cap and, let our TRUE and proven stars be the next BIG THING.

Seriously, what has Harvin done that Tate cannot do?

pinksheets

Reaction score
That's really the best approach. When you have two awesome things, you should always pick which one you like better and throw the other into the garbage can.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Just think of it as having two Tate's. Then think of it like having Tate's PR ability on KR now. Unstoppable.

Sac

Reaction score
They're different types of players, man. The only similarities in their game is stature.

Tate, is better as an outside receiver and makes amazing sideline and contested catches.

Harvin is best in the middle of the field, either flexing IN to play running back or stretching the defense sideline to sideline. He is probably the quickest guy on the field on any given Sunday.

Both guys run like running backs with the ball in their hands.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Tate is an outside guy. One of the most unique ones in the league. Tremendous high point ability. Hard to tackle because of his wiggle and lower body strength. Big play ability has started to draw the defense's #1 DB. Great punt returner, but not a kick returner.

Harvin has thrived in the slot. Can play some on the outside and in the backfield. Famously reliable hands. Hard to tackle because of his ability to cut at full speed and his willingness to take hits. Open field ability draws a ton of attention at the LOS. Great kick returner, but not a punt returner.

Seems like these guys could compliment each other more than you think.

OP
OP
S

shawnsim

Reaction score
I get it. Stats, stats and more stats. Case closed.

However Percy has not played in nearly a year.

Golden has been bringing it for the last 2 years. Whose to say that he is not the next "best thing"?

Percy is going to have to re-acclimate himself into the game, at a time when playoff push is the most vital.

Roddy White?

Look I get where you guys are coming from but, GT is simply balling. I seriously wonder if Harvin can come in cold and just dominate.

Sac

Reaction score
He doesn't have to come in and dominate. All he has to do is coffee in and give defensive coordinators one more thing to worry about. And that helps out the whole team.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
shawnsim":3bi3ieic said:
I know I know. Everyone is claiming Harvin to be the "messiah" of this franchise but, I disagree. I think we have a better player here already. His name is Golden Tate. What can't Tate do at this point that Percy can? For some reason, I cannot see it.

Punt returns?

Bubble screens?

Yac?

In my controvertible opinion. I say jettison Harvin to save cap and, let our TRUE and proven stars be the next BIG THING.

Seriously, what has Harvin done that Tate cannot do?
Golden....is this you?? Come on man, we love you, Harvin ain't gonna take that away!

KK84

Reaction score
Opinions are fine, but the idea that Tate and Harvin are the same player and therefore redundant is absolutely absurd. It doesn't matter who is better, they will both be vital parts of our offense. Lazy comparison is lazy.

OP
OP
S

shawnsim

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":149cnuph said:
He doesn't have to come in and dominate. All he has to do is coffee in and give defensive coordinators one more thing to worry about. And that helps out the whole team.

A high dollar decoy?

Cash is king really soon.

We are 9-1 without Harvin. Get him out and free some money up for our PROVEN stars.

Sac

Reaction score
shawnsim":3v3944xz said:
SacHawk2.0":3v3944xz said:

A high dollar decoy?

We are 9-1 without Harvin. Get him out and free some money up for our PROVEN stars.

I never said decoy.

Imagine a guy that can come in and stretch the field horizontally the way a deep threat stretches it vertically. Holes in zones all of a sudden become much much bigger. That helps the whole offense.

The Outfield

Reaction score
shawnsim":3hnockwc said:
SacHawk2.0":3hnockwc said:

A high dollar decoy?

Of course he's not a decoy, SacHawk was saying that's all he would have to do to massively improve our team. The fact that he is so good makes opponents allocate resources to him that they would otherwise allocate to other players. Likewise, our other good players take away resources that teams would allocate to Harvin. It's a win-win situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.