Golden Tate signs with the Lions

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
ErikG803":oimrxc6l said:
5/31, 13.25 guaranteed

Tate tweeted he's a Lion, it's official.

Surprised that the Hawks wouldn't pull the trigger on a deal like that. Maybe $5 mil per year is as high as they were willing to go

Terpdragon

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":25ybm0vt said:
Golden Tate ‏@ShowtimeTate 3m
However Seattle I am extremely thankful for the support and love the city has given me over the past 4 years. It's tough to leave such a

Golden Tate ‏@ShowtimeTate 3s
Great place. I appreciate everything the city, coaches, and teammates have done for me. I will always value how great seattle was to me
Sorry if I have trouble believing him after lying about wanting to stay with the Hawks. Lie about one thing, kinda hard to listed to anything out of his mouth

theascension

Reaction score
Seaswab":3c0irg3w said:
He disappears against good corners

He also was a bit of a dick during the Rams game. That has always kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Plus the fact he doesn't seem to take some direction sometimes (a few times this year instead of getting the first down he kept running backwards see SuperBowl FX)

Of all the possible players to lose I have to say I'm least disappointed in Tate gone.

But we must look forward now. Let's not forget our offense was the 7th best last year with pylons for offensive linemen and a good but not elite receiver corp most the year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
We don't know what Seattle offered him, if anything. Unfair to bash the guy without knowing any facts.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm actually angry at him. I knew it was a possibility, but I still though his heart would win.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Terpdragon":ogtfmejj said:
RolandDeschain":ogtfmejj said:
However Seattle I am extremely thankful for the support and love the city has given me over the past 4 years. It's tough to leave such a

Great place. I appreciate everything the city, coaches, and teammates have done for me. I will always value how great seattle was to me
Sorry if I have trouble believing him after lying about wanting to stay with the Hawks. Lie about one thing, kinda hard to listed to anything out of his mouth

Have your feelings. It's OK. Tate will still love Seattle when he's done.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Terpdragon":1w2nvhzf said:
RolandDeschain":1w2nvhzf said:

He said he would take a slight discount and we don't know how much SEA offered, so who knows.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Terpdragon":342r3mt4 said:
RolandDeschain":342r3mt4 said:

I am A OK with tate leaving if the Lions are going to pay him that kind of money. There is no reason to be mad at him, he is expendable and I am not sure the Hawks offered him much if anything at all..

dunceface

Reaction score
Good night sweet prince...
645_1383178488.jpg

This one hurts and I will miss his grit but he will do well in DET and I will always be a fan

Terpdragon

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3h45m3up said:
We don't know what Seattle offered him, if anything. Unfair to bash the guy without knowing any facts.
Did he even give the Hawks a chance to counter Detroits offer?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Geez, we have some salty, bitter people in this thread.

Golden, I wish you would have stayed, but I wish you the best of luck. Go tear up the rest of the NFC North. It's time for a new team to rise up in that division.

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
I think Baldwin is more consistent than Tate, and Kearse became a bigger target by the end of the year. I appreciate what Golden accomplished with Seattle, and wish him well. But his skills aren't irreplaceable. No need to overspend to keep him here.

So long Golden, thanks for the memories, best of luck.

McGruff

Reaction score
Golden was fun to watch when he was on, and he was getting more "on" every season. We'll miss him, but we'll also move forward.

amill87

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Tate wanted to play here but the Hawks had little interest in paying him much more than 4 mil per.

Can't blame either side. Tate is young and has no reason to take a discount at this point in his career.

The Hawks have to weigh how valuable Tate is compared to other players on the roster and he just didn't rank high enough.

RussellMania

Reaction score
There's no way Seahawks could afford to match that much guaranteed. No way. Good for Tate for getting paid. It's a pro-sport folks, don't be mad at him.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ctxx63s said:
Geez, we have some salty, bitter people in this thread.

Golden, I wish you would have stayed, but I wish you the best of luck. Go tear up the rest of the NFC North. It's time for a new team to rise up in that division.

I think we can do better than Tate but that being said, we don't know what the Hawks told him. They may have told him to sign in Detroit and people are flying off the handle. At least make sure there was a firm contract offer from the Hawks.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Tate said he hadn't heard much from the Hawks at all before Bennett signed. They may not even have tried very hard to sign him.

Latest posts