Going to Green Bay!

OP
OP
T

Tbone

Reaction score
Let's get back on topic. If I wanted to start a topic who has a better stadium and all of the other BS I would've but I started this thread about going to the game!!

Is there a Seahawk Booster club in the Midwest throwing a big tailgate?

GO HAWKS :D

PackerNation

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":k5xo1gp7 said:
Because there aren't also Seahawks bars in cities around the country...Lol.

I give up.

Of course, but nowhere near to the extent that the Green Bay Packers do. Again, it goes back to the size of our fan base compared to the size of the Seattle fan base and also the history of our team compared to yours. We have been around a lot longer and have enjoyed a lot more success. Seattle is just starting to build it's dynasty. The next few years will be interesting years for your team.

Packer bars: (Random link)

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... World.html

You will have to scroll through all 9 pages to get an idea of how many bars there are worldwide.

Seattle bars:

http://seahawks.meetup.com/

It's actually interesting in the fact that Green Bay is a very small town with a huge fan base all over the United States and abroad. Seattle is in a huge metropolitan area and has a relatively small fan base when compared to Green Bay.

ptisme

Reaction score
Tbone":3w2j34h4 said:
Let's get back on topic. If I wanted to start a topic who has a better stadium and all of the other BS I would've but I started this thread about going to the game!!

Is there a Seahawk Booster club in the Midwest throwing a big tailgate?

GO HAWKS :D
Another option is: On the east end of the stadium is a tailgate zone where you pay to get in and they have food, beer and bands... Across the street from the stadium going east is where the Packers practice-If you continue east, on the other side of that there will be some bars with live music etc too... If you are driving It might be wise to park in the neighborhood east of the stadium... If you want to be within a few blocks of the stadium you can pay to park in people's driveway... I usually park on the street in the neighborhood east of the stadium around 12th and Victory....

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
PackerNation":qrc2i46p said:
It's actually interesting in the fact that Green Bay is a very small town with a huge fan base all over the United States and abroad. Seattle is in a huge metropolitan area and has a relatively small fan base when compared to Green Bay.
Why aren't your merchandise sales in line with your supposed fan base, then? The phrase "put your money where your mouth is" comes to mind for a reason...

ptisme

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":n4n5q8as said:
PackerNation":n4n5q8as said:
RolandDeschain":n4n5q8as said:
Because there aren't also Seahawks bars in cities around the country...Lol.

I give up.

Of course, but nowhere near to the extent that the Green Bay Packers do. Again, it goes back to the size of our fan base compared to the size of the Seattle fan base and also the history of our team compared to yours. We have been around a lot longer and have enjoyed a lot more success. Seattle is just starting to build it's dynasty. The next few years will be interesting years for your team.

Packer bars: (Random link)

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... World.html

You will have to scroll through all 9 pages to get an idea of how many bars there are worldwide.

Seattle bars:

http://seahawks.meetup.com/

Know of any good Packers message boards?
packerrats.com is decent....

ptisme

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2acycgsv said:
PackerNation":2acycgsv said:
Why aren't your merchandise sales in line with your supposed fan base, then? The phrase "put your money where your mouth is" comes to mind for a reason...
Green Bay is consistently in the Top 10 for merchandise sales. There will always be the latest bandwagon team that bumps into the top five and everyone goes out to get that Jersey... Remember, Most Packer fans bought Rodgers or Jordy jerseys a few years back...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christinase ... st-fans-2/

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main ... -team.html

Largent80

Reaction score
To my eye, GB has the most gawd awful uniforms in the NFL...With a big G on the side....haha.

6WcBJe3

PackerNation

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":vjshvj4f said:

Demographics:

No team has a stronger connection to its fans than the Packers. They are smarter and more loyal. They demand better coverage. It's a lifestyle.

Green Bay is more valuable than Seattle (according to Forbes) and we also have higher attendance and ticket sales. Most of Seattle merchandise is driven by Russell Wilson right now. When that dies down, you fall back down to the bottom or close to it. We will still remain steady.

I think that Green Bay also has the best debt to income ratio.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
First paragraph in that Forbes link:

Forbes":5j66e3z4 said:
According to market researchers Nielsen Scarborough, 84% of adults in Green Bay are Packers fans, identified as such having watched, attended, and/or listened to the team’s games this past year. It seems little else goes on there to compete for their attention, and anything that does revolves around the team.

Ding ding ding ding ding, we've got a winner. Lack of other options for doing anything is hardly a point of pride in defending "team loyalty". Are the most loyal bar drinkers the ones in some random-ass tiny town that only has one bar because they give 100% of their business to the same ONLY option available, too?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
GreenBay.jpg

or....

SEA 01

ptisme

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3i8of0wm said:
Pretty city.... I like the smaller town better.... This is Appleton where I live (20 min from Lambeau):

NEENAH NIGHT

Cmasangels night

ptisme

Reaction score
Largent80":27vhjv1q said:
To my eye, GB has the most gawd awful uniforms in the NFL...With a big G on the side....haha.

6WcBJe3
Good point..... What do you think of these though?

lambeau2.jpg

PackerNation

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1xty6mj9 said:
Ding ding ding ding ding, we've got a winner. Lack of other options for doing anything is hardly a point of pride in defending "team loyalty". Are the most loyal bar drinkers the ones in some random-ass tiny town that only has one bar because they give 100% of their business to the same ONLY option available, too?

Green Bay IS a small market team. The Packers extremely large contingent of fans nationwide that support our team is remarkable. It's almost unheard of in the sporting world to have such a small city support a professional football team. Despite fans moving in and out of Wisconsin on a regular basis, the loyalty to their team rarely seems to wane. That cannot be said about other teams.

On the contrary, Seattle had a large metropolis to draw fans from, built a new indoor stadium and yet you struggled to sell out the stadium. Even through eras where Pro Football was getting wildly popular. It was even shared by the Seattle Mariners and still the Seahawks suffered attendance problems that almost led to the team relocating to Los Angeles. This is a testament to both fan bases. Green Bay, loyal and willing to support our team even when relocating as opposed to Seattle fans who refuse to support a team located right in their own city.

Even to this day, after Paul Allen saved the franchise from ruin, our attendance records exceed yours. Our merchandise is very large and would be even larger if you counted the "cheesehead" hats sold. But since they are not NFL licensed, they do not get counted in NFL sales revenue.

One thing we can say about Green Bay fans, we are extremely loyal, even when the team is doing poorly. Seattle cannot say that. Green Bay will never have to worry about relocation. If Seattle starts to lose it's fans again, they will.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
PackerNation":2znauupq said:
One thing we can say about Green Bay fans, we are extremely loyal, even when the team is doing poorly. Seattle cannot say that.

In B4 somebody cites Seattle's home game attendance numbers that dispells this ridiculous claim.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
ptisme":1p4tik13 said:
Uncle Si":1p4tik13 said:
Pretty city.... I like the smaller town better.... This is Appleton where I live (20 min from Lambeau):

NEENAH NIGHT

Cmasangels night

This is North Bend. The population is 1/10th of Appleton and it sits 30 mins east of Seattle.

Tollgate20Farm