Going Out On A Limb Here.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
My Mind Was Wandering Today and I got to thinking about this season and our last real glorious season as Seahawks fans (excluding 2012).

And then I thought about Alexander raising the flag the other night (excellent choice) and my mind spiraled off on a little tangent and I imagined a "What If" scenario where the Seahawks had the foresight to schedule this entire 2013 Championship Season's 12th Man Flag Raisers with members of the 2005 squad who had not already raised the flag.

First off, of course, I wondered if it would be logistically possible and, then, viable.

We would need 10 representatives from that team who have not previously raised the flag (I believe Mack Strong already has).

I would reserve the NFC Championship Game for Paul Allen. Make it a tradition. I cried the last time he raised the flag and he brought the house down. I would reserve that game for a repeat performance.

Holmgren would get the Divisional Round Game (ie: our first playoff game this year as we will be the #1 seed).

MNF vs the Saints goes to Hass who had his greatest (and last) game as a Seahawk vs the Saints the last time they were in town.

That leaves us with 6 remaining home games.

From memory, Walter Jones and Chris Grey have each already raised it.

Who could we use for the remaining 6 games? Who would you choose?

For me? I'm thinking DJack. Jurevicious. Engram. Lofa. Trufant. And whom?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
If were up to me:
JAX- Lofa Tatupu, LeRoy Hill
TEN- Andre Dyson (Marcus Trufant), Marquand Manuel,
TB- Chuck Darby + Joe Jurevicious
MIN- Steve Hutchinson + Sean Locklear (Robbie Tobeck )
NO- Bobby Engram + Darrell Jackson
ARI- Craig Terill, Joe Tafoya, Marcus Tubbs,
STL- Grant Winstrom, Bryce Fisher, Rocky Bernard

Divisional Playoff Round: 2005 Coaching Staff + Paul Allen (and maybe Ruskell -gulp-)

NFC CG: ALL PLAYERS FROM THE 2005 TEAM THAT WANT TO ATTEND!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
bestfightstory":bqabgv0j said:
From memory, Walter Jones and Chris Grey have each already raised it.

Who could we use for the remaining 6 games? Who would you choose?

For me? I'm thinking DJack. Jurevicious. Engram. Lofa. Trufant. And whom?

Trufant has already done it. He was out injured and rose the flag before the famous Tony Romo botched snap playoff game.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
My top choices would be:

DJack, Jurevicious, Bryce Fisher, Marquand Manuel, Michael Boulware, Lofa, and Jim Zorn (He was still on the coaching staff at that time).

We need 7, since Hasselbeck is still playing in the league and won't be able to do it.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2j8keaz2 said:
My top choices would be:

DJack, Jurevicious, Bryce Fisher, Marquand Manuel, Michael Boulware, Lofa, and Jim Zorn (He was still on the coaching staff at that time).

We need 7, since Hasselbeck is still playing in the league and won't be able to do it.

What if Indy doesn't make it to the AFC CG... could Hass attend the NFC CG?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
What does it matter if a guy has already done it? I think Walter Jones should be able to raise it whenever he wants.

daketah

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1r119mcd said:
What does it matter if a guy has already done it? I think Walter Jones should be able to raise it whenever he wants.

This.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Seanhawk":xirkdcx4 said:

Agreed. Big Walt AND Mack Strong definitely would have to be involved, regardless of the fact that they already raised the flag. Same with Tobeck in my opinion.

I like the idea of Hass on Monday Night for the Saints game, but the Colts play the Titans the day before. It's possible the team flies him in and makes him the toast of the town, but I doubt the Colts would care too much about playing along for us, especially if we go in to their house in a few weeks and trash them. The only other game that would make sense for Hass would be the game against the Vikings. The Colts play on Thursday Night that week, so Hass might have the chance to take the trip out and take part in the festivities. That still leaves room for 3 more.

The remaining 3 I'd go Tru, DJack, and Lofa. I like the idea of Holmgren for the divisional game and Paul for the NFC Title Game. So your 2013 flag raisers would be, in no order...

Alexander, Jones, Strong, Trufant, Tatupu, Jackson, Hasselbeck, and Tobeck with Holmie and Allen in the playoffs. That's a pretty solid cast right there and each of them would get everyone unbelievably hyped for the game at hand.

Great idea dude, I hope the people in charge of selecting the flag raiser have the same type of innovative, fun, and creative thinking that you do.