Glad To See Chumps Like Patterson, and Peterson Exposed

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":10r6ke2i said:
The SEC. Almost all the best athletes. And none of the quarterbacks. Great to watch, but still kinda sucks.

QFT if we are talking about the last decade or so. But right now, I actually kind of like some of the SEC QBs, even if they are a little extra risky as prospects.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
I'm not an SEC fan, but they've had many great QB's in the past and present in the NFL. It isn't reasonable to deny that.

Past: Bart Starr, Joe Namath, Kenny Stabler, Fran Tarkenton, etc. Present: Peyton, Eli, Matt Stafford, Cam Newton, and Jay Cutler isn't terrible, etc. Peyton and Eli make the list good by themselves (3 Super Bowls, between them). Not many conferences have that type of depth at QB in the NFL. IMO, I can only think of the PAC 12, BIG 10, and the BIG 12 who compare/or are arguably better.

This is a really interesting article, about the lack of elite QB recruits in SEC (recruiting) regions. :

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... index.html

That may be a factor as well, which the schools in the SEC can't really do anything about.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
kearly said:
-BSU was 6-1 under Petersen vs. the Pac-10/Pac-12 before getting stomped by UW. Yes, they did get raped by UW, but I'm pretty sure they'd be a very respectable team if they were on the Pac-12 docket, and when Kellen Moore / Doug Martin was there they very well might have represented a Rose Bowl or two.

I do also think it would have been different if the qb and supporting cast were different. They were on a roll and some of their plays were still out of the playbook. Anything in the playbook is fair game...right?? Hook and lateral..etc.
:D