Geno to start game 3

keasley45

Reaction score
Your nagging about it only makes it better?
who appointed you the Chancellor of High Discourse and the arbiter of facts and the judge of opinions? you aren’t even an effing mod.

Who said he was any of that? And hebwasnt nagging, just commenting. He just voiced his opinion. But go ahead and have a 'discussion' around that post... about Geno's 'dumb look'. Cuz you know... 'looks' win games.

keasley45

Reaction score
Seriously though. It could be that it was never a competition, and it could be that when given a chance to run with the ones for a few days, Lock isn't playing as well as Geno. I know that's blasphemy for those who are steady in the belief that he 'looks dumb' and sucks like he did in NY. But if you had to point to a stat so far during this competition that supports that, I think it would be tough when you factor on how many passes he's had dropped.

Remember that Pete is soliciting input from DK and Tyler. If their opinion is that Geno is the better fit, that carries a lot of sway. And I can't recall them ever saying anything that could be construed as Lock playing better. In fact, even in their effort to walk the line and be neutral, in my eyes, they seem to lean toward Geno.

And of that's the case, then who am I to say he shouldn't be the dude. They're the ones catching his passes and watching him in the huddle.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. I'm just curious how early Pete would have the hook out if Geno isn't producing. Sometimes a coach, and Pete isn't the only one, is just way too loyal to a veteran.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Maybe the simple reason Geno is starting is because he’s that much better over Lock, consistently, in practice.

Because otherwise, why wouldn’t Pete start Lock, who in fact started games, and who is six years younger than Geno? How much more would corporate love the reverse battle of last years’ Broncos and Hawks qbs?

keasley45

Reaction score
Maybe the simple reason Geno is starting is because he’s that much better over Lock, consistently, in practice.

Because otherwise, why wouldn’t Pete start Lock, who in fact started games, and who is six years younger than Geno? How much more would corporate love the reverse battle of last years’ Broncos and Hawks qbs?
Can't be. Haven't you been paying attention?? Geno is terrible!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wait a minute Fade, 2 #1 QBs?
So that means we are running the A-11 offense? (Which would be awesome though likely illegal)

2 QBs would be interesting.

NY Hawk

Reaction score
I can post what I want. If you don't like it don't read it. I don't come on here to please you or anybody else. I just say what I feel. This is why I don't post much. Some clowns on this forum. Act like they own it. I thought we were all Seahawks fans here...

nwHawk

Reaction score
I think Salk nailed it. Geno starts the season, following up Russ. Everyone expects him to be below average as a starter and to essentially “lower the bar”. Then, Drew takes over at some point and has a fresh chance without fans blasting him for not be Russell Wilson.

Very few follow after a legend and are equal or better. Think about it. If Geno sucks, we’ll move on. It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish…

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I can post what I want. If you don't like it don't read it. I don't come on here to please you or anybody else. I just say what I feel. This is why I don't post much. Some clowns on this forum. Act like they own it. I thought we were all Seahawks fans here...
You certainly can post what you want. I just don't think your freedom makes your post about reproach or criticism. Why post such strong opinions on a message board if you're so against some dissent?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score

To NY, and to Aros...

Who said everyone on here is a Hawk fan? Is there some kind of poll that must answered honestly? If so, explain Marvin, Red Alice, and others who definitely are NOT Hawk fans...

No, there are plenty of people on here who are not; that's a ridiculous argument to make.

Right now there's little honest football conversation, just a bunch of loose, emotional opinions flying around. And that should be fine on a forum.

But there should be a forum thread(s) just for straight football analysis that doesn't get hijacked by hundreds of useless, non-contributing posts venting constant frustrations.