Geno to start game 3

toffee

Reaction score
Not a fan of this, but one thing to consider...They said Lock had a pretty bad case of covid for a few days. Maybe he's not fully over it yet. Just saying.
You may have nailed it, Lock may not be 100% yet, which is very likely.

As for Geno, I still of the opinion that great WRs made mediocre QB look great, so-so QB look serviceable. Jeff Garcia was a mediocre QB, when he played with Jerry Rice and TO, he made pro-bowl repeatedly. He was back to his mediocre self once traded and played without the support from those two. For Geno, we have DK and Lockett, two very good WRs that like him, I am praying that these two will lift Geno from so-so to mediocre. Heck, if Geno can pull a Garcia, I will be sacrificing a prime rib dinner for the almighty football GOD.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Geno’s upside is he knows the playbook and can recognize a blitz and make adjustments at the line of scrimmage. With Lock you get a quick release, strong accurate arm and an above average athlete that can tuck and run. They can both tuck and run when required but something tells me the O line will be solid off the get go with the talented rookies at both tackles and finally a decent center

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Who said he was any of that? And hebwasnt nagging, just commenting. He just voiced his opinion. But go ahead and have a 'discussion' around that post... about Geno's 'dumb look'. Cuz you know... 'looks' win games.
Especially funny because Drew is one of the more goofy guys in the league. Oh yeah, I forgot. Something about padlocks, My little pony and chickens, tho, according to some of the weirdos on Reddit.

keasley45

Reaction score
I think Salk nailed it. Geno starts the season, following up Russ. Everyone expects him to be below average as a starter and to essentially “lower the bar”. Then, Drew takes over at some point and has a fresh chance without fans blasting him for not be Russell Wilson.

Very few follow after a legend and are equal or better. Think about it. If Geno sucks, we’ll move on. It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish…

Makes sense

nanomoz

Reaction score
This seems like a good place to leave this. Top Billin' comes to Geno's defense.

toffee

Reaction score
This seems like a good place to leave this. Top Billin' comes to Geno's defense.

The Bear game, it was ugly for sure!

But ask yourself if Geno single-handedly cost the game? Did he pick-6? Was he the reason for INTs? fumbles? or so off target with his throws that most of his balls were not catchable? Did he failed to line guys up for the plays? Did he hold the ball for to long? Did he lack patience to wait? I think the answer to all of above would be no.

What Geno failed to do is single-handedly won the game for the Hawks. Frankly how many QBs in the league can carry a team with backup WRs to win? Yes, a few. Are we paying Geno like one of those? Hell no.

hawks85

Reaction score
Same Geno from when he was on the Jets. Same dumb look in the face Geno. He stinks and we all know he stinks. I wanna see Drew lock start week one vs Denver. That's how this is supposed to play out. Ooooh noooo Pete has to go with Dumb Face. Been calling him that since he was here in NY.
Geno is complete garbage. Dude is on what team number 5, and always a backup.

toffee

Reaction score
Watch Geno ball out against Denver for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns. I won’t even be a little bit surprised
Without KW3, that task just got more challenging. I suspect that for us to win, we will win ugly, and bait Russ into one of his 4 or was it 5 INTs games.

JPatera76

Reaction score
com"Pete" doesnt exist anymore. Hell it stopped existing with pete when the LOB slowly faded away. He always chased "names" and never really put the "best man" it seems a lot fo times in. It always felt like, more or less who was "pete's favorite"

willyrobt

Reaction score
I don't have a lot of confidence in smith. He's been in the league for a while and is still waiting for things to click. It seems like he gets going then he fumbles or gets a pass picked. I hope he does well though.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Personally, I think Pete has made up his mind and just isn't going to say anything until closer to opening day, but I'd like to have seen Drew get at least one official start in the preseason.
This is a possibility. Having Geno the start and play one series looks more like personality management.

Drew will have his opportunity to show he is up to the challenge. The start in a preseason game is not particularly relevant especially given Pete's comments that there are two weeks following the Dallas game to decide.

Pete is certainly holding his cards close but which cards he has is no more clear today than the day training camp started.