Geno Smith runs 21.67 mph during practice.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Geno's probably going to need that elite speed for a QB with this year's OL, just saying.

toffee

Reaction score
21.67 mph at his advanced age is quite remarkable, isn't it? I didn't notice that straight-line speed the few times he turned on his 'jet'.

Jac

Reaction score
That's remarkable. He's definitely putting in the work this offseason. Here are the numbers for the team so far. I've not seen this type of stuff posted on the wall before (maybe I missed it?), but I love the emphasis/accountability on speed training.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Really impressive. He does some things really well. I wouldn’t mind seeing him racing down the sideline this season.

It would be interesting to see what DK’s top speed is. I didn’t see him on the chart.

WarHawks

Reaction score
That's great, except that he doesn't use it much. Beats being slow though, that's for sure.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I predict Geno plays like an "elite" QB this year. I really am a Geno fan. He is the single season team leader for passing all time. People forget that. I just feel like the guy knows he has something to prove and is hungry to do it. Doesn't hurt to have pro bowl caliber receivers on the team.

I'm banking on a 4000+ yard, 30+ TD and 15 or less INT season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him miss a game or two though, and I bet Howell can handle it.

I don't have any real reason, but I just feel very optimistic about next season.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I was hesitant to remark because of the time of year, but he actually does look slimmer, which I find intriguing...

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I predict Geno plays like an "elite" QB this year. I really am a Geno fan. He is the single season team leader for passing all time. People forget that. I just feel like the guy knows he has something to prove and is hungry to do it. Doesn't hurt to have pro bowl caliber receivers on the team.

I'm banking on a 4000+ yard, 30+ TD and 15 or less INT season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him miss a game or two though, and I bet Howell can handle it.

I don't have any real reason, but I just feel very optimistic about next season.

Man, I feel Geno is as great of match in terms of arm talent, athleticism, but most importantly willingness to be coached up just like Penix was to Grubb.

It kind of makes you wonder how important was Dave Canales not only to Smith’s rise up but just how important was he to Waldron. Because Waldron looked seriously out of depth last year, not totally inept, but it more or less felt like the success was players making plays rather than the scheme making plays. It felt Waldron scheme did not truly fit the strengths of the players and it was a big reason why it felt like there was no identity behind the offense.

For as much as Geno gets shit on, it’s important to understand that one he was playing a part as best as he could.

chrispy

Reaction score
The NFL says that Jackson’s top speed was clocked at 21mph; for a bit of comparison, US sprinter Tyson Gay’s top speed is 27.40mph.

...from a Jan 25 article on www.en.as.com referring to Lamar Jackson in 2023.

Sure it's not apples to apples, but new coach might be trying to integrate a few wrinkles....