Geno for Comeback POY?

SeahawkShifty

Reaction score
I don't think anyone outside of Pete& John TRULY believed that Geno was going to be this good.. that being said Geno should get some love for Comeback player of the year just for the way he's handled things thus far... Thoughts?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Barkley is still the favorite if he can stay healthy. He's returning from a serious injury, and the Giants are good, and importantly the Giants are in New York.

That being said, Geno has passed Derrick Henry for the #2 spot. Oddly, Geno's best shot at it will probably be if the Seahawks defense plays well enough to keep us in the playoff race late in the season.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Geno already called his mom and told her he won...he should win it if he stays healthy and keeps up.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I don't think anyone outside of Pete& John TRULY believed that Geno was going to be this good.. that being said Geno should get some love for Comeback player of the year just for the way he's handled things thus far... Thoughts?
You have to have been someplace to come back to. I don't think his pre-2022 career will really lend much credibility to his claim. Barkley is mentioned and I think it's his to lose. Dude was a beast and had back to back seasons of injury, he's on the biggest surprise team and balling out. If Geno is in the running, it's a distant 2nd. He's most likely the frontrunner for surprise star of the year and maybe also breakout player of the year, better late than never. More important, what he's doing could alter the 2-3 year plan and (unless JS is completely in love with a QB) allow a lot of draft picks to be used on the D. Much improved today but certainly has a lot of holes.

Fade

Reaction score
Geno took a beating out there today. I have concerns he can hold up if this keeps up. If they're playing Pete Ball every week going forward.

He should be in the running for MVP, let alone CPOY. But the lackluster defense has robbed him of this.

Fade

Reaction score
They didn't even believe it. They tried to trade for Jimmy, and were going to sign him if SF released him.

Torc

Reaction score
They didn't even believe it. They tried to trade for Jimmy, and were going to sign him if SF released him.
Do you have any evidence of this? Rumors don't count.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Do you have any evidence of this? Rumors don't count.
Was this really even a rumor? All I ever saw was those articles that were really just some guy saying what he thought the team SHOULD do but using shady phrasing to make it sound like this was something actually happening.