Game plan vs Browns

seabowl

Reaction score
Since our OL is pretty banged up I really hope they use quick passes via slants etc. to take the pressure off of Russ. Also I hope they don't get too conservative with the run run pass and out routine. Have to say I don't love this spot facing a team with talent coming off a bad loss on Monday night.

Will be interesting to watch.

xray

Reaction score
Simple...extreme pressure on Mayfield . If that doesn't happen ...long day for the Hawks .

calinator

Reaction score
No Brown and Fluker is a huge deal to worry about. I can see Russ being chased around all day with no time to throw and our run game getting stuffed. Worried about the offense. I'm going in between starting Rivers at home vs Pittsburgh over Russ one the road against the Browns D. It's also a 10am game and you know how those go for us. :(

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I bet that they play better than fluke did cuz it seemed like he's been hurtin all year and at least plays left tackle serviceably well so I am pretty sure were gonna kick their asses

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The OP is correct ..I hope we do that and shift the formations to back the line
off from blitzing..Open the run game in doing this.

Jville

Reaction score
I think a continuation of a little more of 12 personnel would be helpful. The Jake Heap's video linked here >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=157231#p2317679[/urltargetblank] <<< helps explain.

This week's promotion of TE Jacob Hollister would seem to reinforce that 12 personnel direction.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
McGruff":1u8vnkhf said:
They are going the hell out of it.

Bank on it.
Yeah, but WHEN? If we wait until the second half to start the quick-strike passing offense...we probably lose.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Gameplan?.. The PC usual to teams worse than us, Play Down to them, look horrendous, keep it heart attack worthy close and probably squeak out a W by 1 point.... Or Get a lead and play prevent and let them back in it, so that that last two minutes your spouse/significant other/yourself has the ambulance ready to dial because it’s close again.

Hell, I think I summed up most our season thus far.

Jville

Reaction score
I think that is what is so appealing about the Seahawks. We don't get cheated with boring blow outs. There is drama on into the fourth quarter.

May the outcome of this game come down to the final procession.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Jville":1bsohta0 said:
I think that is what is so appealing about the Seahawks. We don't get cheated with boring blow outs. There is drama on into the fourth quarter.

Careful now, you might have a few funeral processions if Pete keep on bullshittin :lol:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
seabowl":3gvt7x1b said:
Since our OL is pretty banged up I really hope they use quick passes via slants etc. to take the pressure off of Russ. Also I hope they don't get too conservative with the run run pass and out routine. Have to say I don't love this spot facing a team with talent coming off a bad loss on Monday night.

Will be interesting to watch.

Slants? Is this the mid-80's? Nobody runs slants anymore. It's all digs, rubs and seams these days, with a few back shoulders for good measure.

I hope we can establish the run because that's Cleveland's weakness. Best way to stop a pass rush is not with short passes but with a dominant run game. Give me a good mix of creative runs and quick hit passes, and then take a few deep shots off play action. That's what I want to see. I do not want to see 3 receivers running verts and the RB whiffing on his blitz assignment.

But I think this the game we need the front 7 to show up big time. Cleveland's other weakness is OL pass blocking and you have to get after Mayfield and make him unhappy. Stop the run, pressure the qb, get a few tip balls for INT's.

But any given Sunday all sorts of best laid plans can go right down the toilet due to bad breaks and bad refs.

Jville

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3md92bl6 said:
Jville":3md92bl6 said:

Careful now, you might have a few funeral processions if Pete keep on bullshittin :lol:

Oh' My

That misspelling is a little spooky. I've been tasked with helping with house and yard Halloween decorations. Must be something subconscious at work. I've long suspected she put a spell on me.

John63

Reaction score
Okat its PC, expect and even more conservative game plan. It would not surprise me if we throw under 20 times.

Fade

Reaction score
The plan of course if going to be --> run the ball.

Cleveland has been terrible at stopping the run. Combined with injuries on the O-Line, Pete can't wait to run the ball 45 times tomorrow if he can.

But everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Within that framework I would like to see the variety of runs pick up. Inside Zone Read from the gun is a fine play, but it loses effectiveness when that is all you run a majority of the time.

I see the Seahawks getting off to their usual slow starting selves.

It sure would be nice to have some playaction passes early and often to torch the Browns, and kill them off right there in the 1st half, instead of running into a brick walls repeatedly against loaded boxes.

Everyone is so focused on offense though, when this game is going to come down to the defense vs. Baker Mayfield. It will be a huge red flag if he lights up the Hawks. And Pete will need to put in even more work he's been putting in to get his defense right.

Mayfield should have a bad game, and the Seahawks should win, regardless of the gameplan they implement on offense.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Probably 35 run attempts up the middle with the same running play we always use. A return to form with long developing plays and no outlet routes to speak of. Softzone defense that allows the Seahawks to be gouged underneath. Probably big yardage in the passing game from the TE and RB. Really close game that comes down to the wire.

This is generally how we play teams like the Browns.

xray

Reaction score
Jville":2oyixnby said:

Screw that ...let the Hawks kick some ass once in awhile . How bout that ?

Latest posts