1gTioU6

heh

EajCvdd

gets it

GQSOWuY

have a feeling this is going to be a bad trip for him

drrew

Reaction score
The line is all the way down to -1. It opened as high as -4.5 so there's a lot of money coming down on SF. I'm hoping it keeps moving and I can actually just take the money line on the Hawks win.

I understand the 49ers offense looked good last week, but I'm not sure what people saw out of their defense that makes them essentially the favorite in this game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The ninnies offense looked good against a pathetic GB secondary, and inept pass rush. The ninnies defense looked very vulnerable giving up 28 points against GB at home. The GB TE's and Jordi Nelson were open all game long. The press has been overhyping the ninnies, and the gambling rubes that buy it, are going to be poorer come sunday night!

When you have a team as good as Seattle that has such an incredible home field advantage (which may be the best in all of pro sports) and you flat out CRUSHED the team you are about to play the last time you played in this venue, you'd be an idiot not to bet on Seattle. Its called "common sense".

HawkWow

Reaction score
A generous portion of betting money comes from the casual fan. Casual fans have historically bet with reckless abandon on teams like SF, Dallas, GB and more recently, NE. Additionally, Vegas gets many more visits from people from SF than they do people from Seattle. I don't think we are as good (this week) as we were when we trounced SF. I think Kaep and SF are a bit better.

I believe we win simply because, as Sports hernia states...there is team with the same HFA as Seattle. I wouldn't pay attention to the line on this game. Just bet the team you think will win. If you're correct, You'll cover.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkWow":1dw3r7k2 said:
A generous portion of betting money comes from the casual fan. Casual fans have historically bet with reckless abandon on teams like SF, Dallas, GB and more recently, NE. Additionally, Vegas gets many more visits from people from SF than they do people from Seattle. I don't think we are as good (this week) as we were when we trounced SF. I think Kaep and SF are a bit better.

I believe we win simply because, as Sports hernia states...there is team with the same HFA as Seattle. I wouldn't pay attention to the line on this game. Just bet the team you think will win. If you're correct, You'll cover.

Oh, no doubt about it! I think SF is slightly better on offense then they were last year, but their D is going to take a sizeable step back this year IMHO!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":25cmy1ij said:
HawkWow":25cmy1ij said:

Oh, no doubt about it! I think SF is slightly better on offense then they were last year, but their D is going to take a sizeable step back this year IMHO!

Agreed. And I'd attribute the bulk of their O improvement to the more experienced Kaep. Tough spot he walked into last year at the Clink. It won't be much easier this time, but he will probably see Hawk defenders this time, as opposed to the Lions he was thrown to, last time. I just hope he doesn't deprive us of those crazy ass cartoon eyes he showed last time. Excluding Harbaugh's post game presser, you just can't find better entertainment than that.

kearly

Reaction score
So if the line is -1 Seattle, and the Seahawks end up winning by exactly one point, do all the gamblers get their money refunded? How does that work?

mretrade

Reaction score
kearly":3ixlfaj8 said:
So if the line is -1 Seattle, and the Seahawks end up winning by exactly one point, do all the gamblers get their money refunded? How does that work?

Yes. It is basically ruled a push. I see the line as Sea -3 right now.

Tical21

Reaction score
Rule #1 of sports gambling = don't bet on the NFL.

HansGruber

Reaction score
If it's still -3, then they're still getting more bets on Seattle.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Craptastic officiating will ultimately kill sports wagering for me. I can't recall it being any worse than it is right now. Conspiracies will soon (again) be circulating and people screaming that the game is fixed. The game is not fixed, but it is managed by absolute incompetents.

My head is still reeling from the numerous blown calls today. Scary, scary stuff.

drrew

Reaction score
Late money coming in on Seattle, when the line hit -1 it got hammered and it's pushed back out to -3.

Cartire

Reaction score
the payouts are what I like. +110 for Seattle -130 for SF. Time to make some money.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
drrew":9a0eipmw said:
The line is all the way down to -1. It opened as high as -4.5 so there's a lot of money coming down on SF. I'm hoping it keeps moving and I can actually just take the money line on the Hawks win.

I understand the 49ers offense looked good last week, but I'm not sure what people saw out of their defense that makes them essentially the favorite in this game.

Perhaps maybe because there is a difference between Aaron freakin' Rodgers and Cam Newton.

Seriously!

Cartire

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2i4zfe5b said:
drrew":2i4zfe5b said:

Perhaps maybe because there is a difference between Aaron freakin' Rodgers and Cam Newton.

Seriously!

Hmmm, I seem to remember holding Aaron freakin' Rodgers to 12 points in our house.

And a huge difference between CAR defense and GB defense. Protip: one sucks donkey testicles.

Allowing GB to score 28 points on you in your house, do you guys even know football?

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Cartire":tiaaseg6 said:
NinerLifer":tiaaseg6 said:
drrew":tiaaseg6 said:

Seriously!

Hmmm, I seem to remember holding Aaron freakin' Rodgers to 12 points in our house.

And a huge difference between CAR defense and GB defense. Protip: one sucks donkey testicles.

Allowing GB to score 28 points on you in your house, do you guys even know football?

Your 12th man held Rodgers to low points in your house.

We don't have the HFA you guys have. You don't get out much do you?

Cartire

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3p1fzku1 said:
Cartire":3p1fzku1 said:

Your 12th man held Rodgers to low points in your house.

We don't have the HFA you guys have. You don't get out much do you?

12th man accounts for 14 points. Good to know. You would think that would skew the lines a bit more then an average of 4.

And how would getting out more help me? You would think staying in and watching football would probably get me more insight. OHHHH, you were trying to insult me. Got it, Got it. Good one. Man down. :0190l:

Latest posts