Funny thing is, we won last week NET still went ballistic

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Vpk0718":1s3njhnl said:
Siouxhawk":1s3njhnl said:
There's just a handful of the usual bellyachers on here that think they're smarter than our coaching staff and have the unrealistic expectation that we're going to go 16-0 every year while scoring 40 points a game. They have the right to do that, but I see them as novices to understanding the complexities of the game. Sixteen fanbases around the league this week likely blamed their offensive coordinator. How original.
But the NFL is a big-picture animal and we're currently in second place in the NFC with 3 home games remaining on our schedule. That looks pretty good to me.

I don't expect us to win every game.

I do expect us to not completely crap the bed on offense in every road game but one when we're most likely going to have to go to Dallas in the postseason.

I have every right to worry and be frustrated without people like you telling me what to do.

You have that right, but you gotta have your facts in a row, too. The Jets and Saints games weren't bed-crappings any more than the Patriots game was.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":20ud3yfg said:
There's just a handful of the usual bellyachers on here that think they're smarter than our coaching staff and have the unrealistic expectation that we're going to go 16-0 every year while scoring 40 points a game. They have the right to do that, but I see them as novices to understanding the complexities of the game. Sixteen fanbases around the league this week likely blamed their offensive coordinator. How original.
But the NFL is a big-picture animal and we're currently in second place in the NFC with 3 home games remaining on our schedule. That looks pretty good to me.

It's awesome that we have this team, this staff, etc. But even the most modest expectation of a fan assumes better than 3 points from a professional football team offensive unit, considering the talent level both for and against Sunday.

I put my entire life on hold on Sundays. Family, friends, work, or play all centers around Seahawks games.

Therefore when this organization can go and perform that abysmal they certainly deserve every drop of bellyaching that can get wrung out. Personally i feel the people who come here to complain so often generally are the ones who put the most concern, passion, and hope for the team day in day out.

I don't think the label novice applies to anyone who complains passionately about the offense out scoring the defense 3-2.

Literally anyone in the wide world could have done better than Bevell Sunday. Defend him all you want, he's inconsistent and it's not just on random, fairly meaningless Sunday's because Sunday sure as hell resembled the GB NFCCG minus the miracle comeback.

Literally a blind man who throws darts at a play selection chart could score 3 points with Wilson, Graham, Baldwin, lockett, prich. And the consistent failure of over use and under production of kearse i pin on Bevell too.

For example go scrub the gameday log and you'll see me repetitively posting that if we would just get Russ running more it would break down their pressure. I got all kinds of fairly worthless response and strangely got no responses when late in the game Russ was killing them by seeing the holes in the line and planting and running.

Why didn't Bevell adjust that earlier?. He obviously found it later in the game because russ's mindset definitely changed. Why did we abandon the RO when Russ gashed them early?. When we did try it again in 2nd qtr Russ had a bad read and handed to rawls when Wilson had a ton of room to run. It's the perfect system to dismantle over pursuing, hectic pressure. Just like how it always ended up finding holes in the great niner defenses.

Lastly, why is Jimmy ALWAYS lined up in the bunch or at the line?. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Jimmy is split wide by himself, wouldn't that force an extra defender over if they're going to continue to double?. It doesn't trouble the defense much to bracket a guy in a bunch or at the end of LOS. There's a reason he was virtually suing to be considered a receiver in NO, where he was way more effective. Let alone if you're getting killed by pressure and separation from the receivers is non existent, wouldn't putting Jimmy in space allow you the liberty of just attacking?. Just go full WCO and put it up for Jimmy in 3 step drops everywhere. Nobody is doubling in the first ten yds.
It's like doing something that radical is foreign to us.

But before you defend Bevell with dvoa or TEAM success, first defend the tukuafu run. I'm all ears.

Latest posts