Funny thing is, we won last week NET still went ballistic

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":dqefgbtc said:
Now the question is, should we expect anything from this offense when we consider just how gutted a key element of ANY successful offense is? It is not reasonable to expect production when the OL, a key impediment to the defense, is so substandard.

We've expected it for five years and it's happened every year.

Every year fans have wrung their hands over how mediocre or bad the OL is, and every year the Seahawks have gotten into the playoffs.

I wonder when people are going to start reexamining their preconceived notions about what's most important on a football team, or whether they'll just stubbornly continue in their own opinions even though evidence against them is mounting.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very good points Largent, couldn't agree more. I've had that conversation with some of the newer fans. They seem to think that Hass was their first QB, and that the team should only win by 4 touchdowns. More of the "12's" than anything. I'm happy to be a Seahawks fan, since 76, day 1. I don't need to be called a 12.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":37lugrrm said:
Very good points Largent, couldn't agree more. I've had that conversation with some of the newer fans. They seem to think that Hass was their first QB, and that the team should only win by 4 touchdowns. More of the "12's" than anything. I'm happy to be a Seahawks fan, since 76, day 1. I don't need to be called a 12.

This is part of the problem IMO as well though. Yes, you've been a fan since day one, but not everyone was alive then. Maybe we should take the time to inform those newer fans on the darker years *cough* Mirer *cough* instead of demeaning them. Just my take on the whole thing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2r0duwda said:
SoulfishHawk":2r0duwda said:

This is part of the problem IMO as well though. Yes, you've been a fan since day one, but not everyone was alive then. Maybe we should take the time to inform those newer fans on the darker years *cough* Mirer *cough* instead of demeaning them. Just my take on the whole thing.

Ha, I do. But most new fans are barely interested in this year's team, let alone want to listen to me wax poetic about the dark days of Ken Behring and his moving vans or the worst string of QB's in franchise history......Stouffer, McGwire, Gelbaugh and Mirer.

But overall I know I'm right, most old school fans have far more context and perspective to pull from, which is why we don't get all bent out of shape over firing Bevell after every loss, and pulling hamstrings to log onto other team's fan sites to talk crap after every win.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not demeaning anyone, nor do I. I'm glad they are Hawks fans, Better late than never. I've spent a lot of time letting them know how good we have it, especially under Carroll :irishdrinkers:
Doesn't change the fact that many Hawks fans expect nothing less than perfection and blowouts. That's just not reality.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":31dpy4i4 said:
I'm not demeaning anyone, nor do I. I'm glad they are Hawks fans, Better late than never. I've spent a lot of time letting them know how good we have it, especially under Carroll :irishdrinkers:
Doesn't change the fact that many Hawks fans expect nothing less than perfection and blowouts. That's just not reality.

I didn't mean to imply you were demeaning them, it was a generalized statement.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Fair weather fans.

I'm a Mariners fair weather fan. Probably only difference with me is I know I don't know.

Those that are getting unrealistically upset are likely just getting ready to go back to being fair weather again. Complaining and setting unrealistic expectations helps them to justify why they won't waist they're precious time watching any more as soon as the team starts under performing again and they will under perform again.

At least that is what I see.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Rat":b7zd47us said:
A lot of people on here seem to enjoy losses, so they can get on their high horse, feign shock that some are having emotional reactions, and brag that they're more rational than everyone else. It's not worse than it ever was, it's the same that it is with every fan base, every year.

The other side to that are the people who predict bad things so that they can say they told us so if the team isn't doing well. And if they do well? They "happily eat crow".

Chances are the team's not winning the Super Bowl, so there is a very high probability of being "right".

Most of us are giant dicks.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":hwwmvttl said:
TwistedHusky":hwwmvttl said:
Now the question is, should we expect anything from this offense when we consider just how gutted a key element of ANY successful offense is? It is not reasonable to expect production when the OL, a key impediment to the defense, is so substandard.

We've expected it for five years and it's happened every year.

Every year fans have wrung their hands over how mediocre or bad the OL is, and every year the Seahawks have gotten into the playoffs.

I wonder when people are going to start reexamining their preconceived notions about what's most important on a football team, or whether they'll just stubbornly continue in their own opinions even though evidence against them is mounting.

This is the one area that has consistently underperformed due to resources put on it. It's easy to be obsessed with it, but it really is the area that can be underfunded at the expense of everything else. But since this team has one clear, consistent weakness that's where the criticism will be.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
A line from an old 50's Johnny Cash song seems to fit here -> 'Come Along With Me, Misery Loves Company' :lol:
I swear, there are some who won't accept happy-go-lucky for an answer.
Reminds me so much of my first wife :lol: , always out of sorts, and ever criticizing...Heard from her a few years back, she said (and I quote) "I didn't realize how good I had it", she remarried a guy for his 'Bad Boy' demeanor, and was more depressed than she was :lol: Marriage made in heaven eh?
If I were looking for a place to suck the oxygen out of my day, I could just come here after a loss, and let the compound negativities wash over me, as there are some here that are more than willing and able to oblige.
I have learned how to maneuver through most of the Debbie downer mine fields here at times, but sometimes people just have to take it to extremes.
I think Todd (AROS) was feeling a little down about the loss, came here to find some like minded fans here to help soothe some of the frayed edges a little, and all he found was another bummer shackle.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":27r17k5f said:
There's just a handful of the usual bellyachers on here that think they're smarter than our coaching staff and have the unrealistic expectation that we're going to go 16-0 every year while scoring 40 points a game. They have the right to do that, but I see them as novices to understanding the complexities of the game. Sixteen fanbases around the league this week likely blamed their offensive coordinator. How original.
But the NFL is a big-picture animal and we're currently in second place in the NFC with 3 home games remaining on our schedule. That looks pretty good to me.

I don't expect us to win every game.

I do expect us to not completely crap the bed on offense in every road game but one when we're most likely going to have to go to Dallas in the postseason.

I have every right to worry and be frustrated without people like you telling me what to do.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
5 games left, 3 of them at home, and a 3 game lead in the division. And w/a hobbled Russ for a good portion of the season. Losing Prosise who clearly was going to be a big time contributor, not having Rawls for most of the season. Let alone missing Bennett and Kam each for a month or so. Very little running game due to injuries and a crap o-line. Lockett was playing thru an injury for awhile. Now injuries to Britt, Thomas, Shead and Willson (again) etc. Kind of amazing they are sitting at 7-3-1 to be honest.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3sqykcfr said:
5 games left, 3 of them at home, and a 3 game lead in the division. And w/a hobbled Russ for a good portion of the season. Losing Prosise who clearly was going to be a big time contributor, not having Rawls for most of the season. Let alone missing Bennett and Kam each for a month or so. Very little running game due to injuries and a crap o-line. Lockett was playing thru an injury for awhile. Now injuries to Britt, Thomas, Shead and Willson (again) etc. Kind of amazing they are sitting at 7-3-1 to be honest.
Exactly Soul. I find it a testament to the resiliency of this team to be currently the No. 2 team in the west. Lesser teams would never be able to endure all those lineup hits.
By the way, what is your avatar a picture of. For the longest time I thought it was a bee thumbtacked to a piece of paper. Now I'm thinking dog on a leash in the snow.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3l1ykqci said:
That was my dog The Edgar. We lost him to cancer in 2014. He hated the snow :lol:
OK. See that's your sig too. Sorry about The Edgar.

Smellyman

Reaction score
sunshine and lollipops....

Great effort in TB fellas. You'll get em next week!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Same people freaking out this week will be fired up after the Hawks send Clam Spewton back home with a loss.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
The Bucs loss was really bad and cause for concern but people claiming we're done are delusional. An emotional response is fine but saying we should fire everybody and throw in the towel for the season after 1 bad loss is weak.

Latest posts