From a Saints Fan. Please read!

PanamaJack

Reaction score
I rarely ever post in any message board much less an opposing team's message board but I have to express something. Congrats on the butt whipping you gave our boys. That was the first game in a while that I felt like my Saints were out of the game before halftime. Two things I want to mention.
1. Russell Wilson is a class act and a great quarterback . He is a spitting image of Drew Brees on the field and off. I have read stories about him since he was at NC State because I'm also a huge college baseball fan. This guy amazes more and more each day. I just read the article about how after the Saints game he through catch with a younger kid for an hour. That is what true leaders and good people do. I will be a fan of him for as long as he is in the league so I guess that makes me a Seahawks fan. Of course that will be for every game except for when they play us.
2. As a life long Saints fan, I hate the 49ers. They destroyed and cheated us for so many years in the 80's/90's. It brings me great satisfaction to see them lose so please take care of them this weekend. Similar fashion to the last game would be just fine.
I am hopeful that the Saints and Seahawks both make it to the NFC championship so I can have someone to pull for in the Super Bowl. If we do come to visit you guys again in January, could you guys tone it down a notch. Way to freakin loud. :D

Hawks46

Reaction score
Thanks man. Good luck against the Panthers. I have nothing against them, but I like the Saints a ton better.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Very classy post. There was a ton of garbage on the black and Gold board and its nice to hear good things from a Saints fan. Good luck this weekend!

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'm just pumped to see other teams show respect to OUR QB! My god, this feels so odd!

Hawks46

Reaction score
austinslater25":1j017dlb said:
Very classy post. There was a ton of garbage on the black and Gold board and its nice to hear good things from a Saints fan. Good luck this weekend!

THere were a few idiots whipping that board into a frenzy, but I don't hold all Saints fans accountable.

I've seen good fans from every fan base post here, and until I read the post, I try not to find a reason to disprespect them.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Black and Gold posters were cool to me all week. I have visited several forums and their fans were the classiest by far. My experience might have been much different if I were a Falcons Fan; they loathe them with every fiber of their being.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Thanks for a great first post and welcome.

I feel the same way about NO that you do about Seattle. Brees is always someone I root for. Great QB and a great representative of the sport.

There still seems to be a few on the Black and Gold that are bitter about 2010 but for the most part a very classy fan base.

A few of my family and friends are coming to NO next year for the game. Don't know much yet because the schedule is not out but I will be looking for tips from some good locals as to the best places to stay, visit and party. Maybe I'll shoot you a PM when we know a little more. I believe there is some on this site that are also planning a trip.

Anyway stick around. Always good to have good people to talk football with.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
HE HAS SEEN THE LIGHT!

Hope to see you comment more net time our teams match-up.

KK84

Reaction score
Yeah Blackandgold was fine until that lunatic from Alaska came along with his fabricated story. Thanks for the post, OP.

Riley12

Reaction score
Thank YOU Panama! Best of luck against the Panthers and the rest of the way, until/unless you meet up with us again, of course.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Good luck the rest of the way Panama. It's hard to hate on the Saints and Brees. Soften up Carolina for us

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
RichNhansom":36r81rcc said:

I feel the same way about NO that you do about Seattle. Brees is always someone I root for. Great QB and a great representative of the sport.

There still seems to be a few on the Black and Gold that are bitter about 2010 but for the most part a very classy fan base.

A few of my family and friends are coming to NO next year for the game. Don't know much yet because the schedule is not out but I will be looking for tips from some good locals as to the best places to stay, visit and party. Maybe I'll shoot you a PM when we know a little more. I believe there is some on this site that are also planning a trip.

I will be sure to give y'all some good info concerning your visit to NOLA as it gets nearer. I hope you are planning to stay in or close to the Quarter. Everything, including the Dome, is within easy walking distance. And what make the walking easier is that you can carry a drink with you anywhere you go. ;)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":52zqg20h said:
RichNhansom":52zqg20h said:

I will be sure to give y'all some good info concerning your visit to NOLA as it gets nearer. I hope you are planning to stay in or close to the Quarter. Everything, including the Dome, is within easy walking distance. And what make the walking easier is that you can carry a drink with you anywhere you go. ;)

Indeed. It can get a little dicey in the evening, I suggest a group, never alone. Walked from the Dome to the Marriott one block away from the Quarter on Canal... It was SCAAAAAAARY, I was just really lucky that there was a movie crew setup down there and security guys all over the place while the trailers were parked along the side streets.

I have been to few places where every corner is a liquor store, that you can buy the hard stuff and drink it, at like 3AM. I have also been to fewer places where each alley has a dumpster that is dual purposed as a free hotel room.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Thanks for the Classy post PanamaJack. Were kind of fond of our quarterback as well. And I believe the Seahawks would love to acquiesce to your request in handing the Niner's another whooping Sunday!

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
KK84":2ym7u7jt said:
Yeah Blackandgold was fine until that lunatic from Alaska came along with his fabricated story. Thanks for the post, OP.

I have known AlaskaSaint to be nothing but straightforward and honest since he joined B&G over three years ago. I can state with total confidence he is not a lunatic and he has absolutely no reason to fabricate anything. That said, I believe it is best to just drop the whole thing on these boards. What happened does not reflect upon Seattle fans at all. An isolated incident could happen like this anywhere. Let's just move on.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":smx0uoyo said:
AsylumGuido":smx0uoyo said:
RichNhansom":smx0uoyo said:

Indeed. It can get a little dicey in the evening, I suggest a group, never alone. Walked from the Dome to the Marriott one block away from the Quarter on Canal... I have been to few places where every corner is a liquor store, that you can buy the hard stuff and drink it.

Yup. Just like any other major city in the world you must be smart about your surroundings. Although, I have found that game days or nights feel the safest in the greater area because of the expanse of crowds.

Axx

Reaction score
@op
Why did black and gold crash during the game? Just curious