Free Agency Thread

Mizak

Reaction score
Bears spending dat cap space like crazy. Signed ILB Tremaine Edmunds from Bills to 4 years, $72 million and G Nate Davis.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
he was 2nd in the league.. after he left here.. he was really good.
That could be a scheme/fit thing, doesn't mean he'd be like that if he returned to Seattle and on that money. He also isn't up against the Aaron Donalds/49ers defence in the AFC North.

Rat

Reaction score
From the Bills to the Bears. I get not wanting to live through more Buffalo winters, but Chicago is only marginally better and that is a HUGE downgrade in regards to actually winning.

Mizak

Reaction score
LOL, Bengals lost their Starting Safeties to other teams. Bates went to Falcons, Vonn Bell went to Panthers.

we have our safety in Ryan Neal. trade Jamal Adams to Bengals for picks.

James in PA

Reaction score
Death
Taxes
John Schneider never spends money on 1st wave free agency
Yup. Every headline currently on NFL.com is about Team X adding this player and Team Y signing that player. Then you get down to the Seahawks: RELEASING Shelby Harris.

SMH.

Rat

Reaction score
Jessie Bates 4/$64.02 million from the Falcons. That's almost Jamal Adams money!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You forgot to add: CHEAP.

I prefer value, not cheap.

I get it, we all get FOMO when we see all the shiny free agents get snatched up.

But I'll defend Schneider, if you study the market MOST of these guys don't work out, and most of them are overpaid. It's why they got released by their teams or didn't get offered extensions in the first place.

If we were 1 or 2 players away from a serious deep playoff run? Yeah I'd be yelling about plugging those holes with difference makers. But to spend 15-20M of cap on one dude who's only going to marginally help us for maybe a year or two?

Doesn't make a lot of sense. Wave 2 and 3 is where some value can be found at a much lower cost to plug holes.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I don't much care for the webzone, poor thread organization (not many of them, with 100's of pages). Sports are so tribal, it's good to get opposing viewpoints. But if you don't care for that, I'm sure there's some kind of blocking mechanism you could employ to hide my posts.
To answer your question Hargrave has had exactly one good year in his career and that was due to the players around him. Horrible reach and if you don’t win a Lombardi you’ll be in the same situation as the Rams only with no Lombardi lol