Former 49ers FB Will Tukuafu signed by Hawks

Largent80

Reaction score
In 4 posts, this guy has grown an inch, shrunk 2 1/2 inches and his weight fluctuates by 30 pounds.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2mojdwqn said:
6,3 and 295lbs? That's a big boy.

Surprisingly old for a guy that entered the draft in 2010 too, 31 at the turn of the New Year. I guess they also want to see more of Turbin at running back given we'll likely be moving on from Lynch next year. The Raiders 'should' provide one of those games where we can afford to let Turbin and Michael carry more of the load.

The age thing is due to going on a two year church mission before starting his college career.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3mut0l89 said:
SomersetHawk":3mut0l89 said:
6,3 and 295lbs? That's a big boy.

Surprisingly old for a guy that entered the draft in 2010 too, 31 at the turn of the New Year. I guess they also want to see more of Turbin at running back given we'll likely be moving on from Lynch next year. The Raiders 'should' provide one of those games where we can afford to let Turbin and Michael carry more of the load.

The age thing is due to going on a two year church mission before starting his college career.

Ah, I saw he was from Salt Lake, I take it he's a mormon then?

I dated a mormon once, but that's one for the shack.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Largent80":2jbibqfz said:
In 4 posts, this guy has grown an inch, shrunk 2 1/2 inches and his weight fluctuates by 30 pounds.

I guess thats one way of getting bigger players...more posts! Maybe we should start posting about Russ...Get him up to 6'3" 6'4" in no time. Then he can shed any doubts that might remain.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Fewer carries, if they activate him, for Christine Michael. Turbine will go back to RB2 spot.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Chawks1":1lgvn82t said:
Fewer carries, if they activate him, for Christine Michael. Turbine will go back to RB2 spot.

Not that it's necessarily a bad thing. I had/have high hopes for Michael, but I'm not really seeing it on the field. I'm far from giving up on him, but I would rather see Lynch getting those carries in crunch time (Close Games)

themunn

Reaction score
Largent80":xsei63vk said:

I'm glad somebody else spotted/pointed this out, not only that, apart from one post in the middle it was basically four posts in a row with 4 different heights and weights :D
If you read the FG article too it gives yet another different weight

Also love this comment on the FG article

"Tukuafu memorably blocked Richard Sherman in the same way a sledge hammer 'blocks' a nail"

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Jezz I hope Russ doesn't get stuck on his chest like a smart car on a mack truck.

minormillikin

Reaction score
At 7'10", 630 lbs, this is one of the biggest humans to ever play the game. Any game.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Both NFL.com and the Santa Clara 40-Whiners list Tukuafu at 6' 4" and 293 lbs. He states he's lost weight and is currently at 285 lbs.

Marshawn Lynch may soon have a huge, new plow in front of him in the Seahawks’ backfield.

How huge? About 285 pounds of fullback.

That’s how much newly signed Will Tukuafu, a former 49ers defensive end, says he weighs.

“And I actually lost weight. I’ve lost 10 pounds,” he said in front of his new Seahawks locker at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center just before practice this afternoon.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... ge-at-mlb/

byau

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1pw1tdks said:
Maybe we should start posting about Russ...Get him up to 6'3" 6'4" in no time. Then he can shed any doubts that might remain.

hahaha... :)

hawknation2014

Reaction score
49ers2.gif

Big human being, needs work on his technique. Sherman could see him coming and kind of fell forward to avoid getting destroyed.

byau

Reaction score
themunn":k6dfwk50 said:
Largent80":k6dfwk50 said:

I'm glad somebody else spotted/pointed this out, not only that, apart from one post in the middle it was basically four posts in a row with 4 different heights and weights :D

"Tukuafu memorably blocked Richard Sherman in the same way a sledge hammer 'blocks' a nail"

49ers2.gif

byau

Reaction score
byau":3snrtrfa said:
themunn":3snrtrfa said:
Largent80":3snrtrfa said:

49ers2.gif

Was curious for some inside scoop:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/1 ... afu/page9/

"He signed with the Seahawks "

"Fill in for FB. Lynch is going to love this."

"Dammit baalke. Tuku was one of my favs,"

"Damn...him leading the way with Lynch behind is going to be terrifying."

"I'll be surprised if he's very good. They run a lot of zone scheme, and Tuku was never great at reading holes and changing direction. If they run a straight ISO or Power, he's scary, for sure."

Hawks46

Reaction score
Good grief, you would think an athletic 285 lb fullback would open a few holes for Lynch.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":17uj4bqi said:
Chawks1":17uj4bqi said:

Not that it's necessarily a bad thing. I had/have high hopes for Michael, but I'm not really seeing it on the field. I'm far from giving up on him, but I would rather see Lynch getting those carries in crunch time (Close Games)
Me too, we need to "Get While The Gettin's Good" ,and the time to rest Lynch, is when he's no longer playing here for us.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I weeks have guessed that they would have gone with a few more designed to catch passes, but let's see what he can do.

Seafan

Reaction score
Listed on the Hawk roster as 6-4 280. If he can catch he could also be a TE. I wonder if he'll last more than a game. 52 and 53 have been revolving all season.