Formations you hate the most

D

DomeHawk

Fade":36xf6lpy said:
DomeHawk":36xf6lpy said:
Sports Hernia":36xf6lpy said:
Defense:

Soft Zone. Minimal pressure on QB. Takes near perfect coverage to make the scheme/formation to work. Always seems to be a player or 2 wide open.

This is something that usually happens at the end of games when you are leading by multiple scores. The object is to prevent a big play and keep them in bounds. It isn't really a defense per se.

You are right Dome Hawk on how it should be used, but Gus Bradley turned it into an art form of how to blow a 4th qtr lead.

Gus would routinely go soft zone while nursing a 1 score lead, he loved it.

@ Hernia

On Offense going empty on 3rd and short is inexcusable. With Bevell gone I thought those days were over, and then it still happened, multiple times, it is a Pete Carroll thing I guess.

Yeah, like I said, it isn't a defense per se.

Lol.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Bryan Walters outside left and Ricardo Lockette outside right. Bevell called this formation at least 2-3 times per game and it always resulted in a run up the middle that lost two yards or gained one yard. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

It became a running joke, and one that wasn't very funny, between my buddy and I.

If we were able to figure that out as two shmos in the stands you don't think D Coordinators were also able to figure it out?

So glad that dude is gone.

Latest posts