For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.

Marvin49

Reaction score
HawkinNY":ycyt9w1w said:
NinerLifer":ycyt9w1w said:
Who cares really?

Kaepernick is a superior type of athlete (freakish really), and wins games. What else matters?

Tebow won games with Denver also

Right...

Tim Tebow in 2010:

46.6 Comp%, 1729 yards, 6.38 per attempt, 12 TDs, 6 INTs, 29.9 QBR, 72.9 QB Rating

Colin Kaepernick in 2012:

62.4 Comp%, 1814 yards, 8.32 per attempt, 10TDs, 3 INts, 76.8 QBR, 98.3 QB rating.

Yeah. That's the same. :roll:

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":fmbwgr49 said:
HawkinNY":fmbwgr49 said:
Tebow won games with Denver also

Yeah, but an elite defense carried Tebow.

Hey, wait...I see what you did, there; San Francisco also has an elite defense. Hmm...

;)

So does Wilson. Just sayin'. :D

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
That's the problem with rating quarterbacks. They need others to actually perform to fulfill their job so they either get all the credit or none. An elite quarterback with no defense ends up like Dan Fouts or Dan Marino putting up insane numbers but usually leading average teams because every game is 38-35 ping pong match.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
CK is going to have to spread the ball around more and I assume he will. He will get a lot of chances to show he isn't a 1 read guy, but honestly, there are only a few teams built defensively to slow CKs run threat down, fortunately two of them are in the NFCW, because that guy KILLS defenses that are unbalanced.

Even if he was a one read guy, as long as teams like GB, NO and ATL keep playing candy ass defense he will eat them alive. Those are supposed to be the elite teams and they cant handle a guy like CK. They can't handle Wilson either, GB was actually lucky they had the Hawks in week 3 instead of week 13.

SF and SEA are each other's kryptonite, but only a couple teams can play defense like that. Going to be a fun year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DonnieDarko":1ccrt249 said:
I hope NFL defenses think Kap is a "one read qb", I really do. :D
They don't think it, they know it because it is fact! You'll see this season! He'll beat the bad defenses and struggle against the good to great ones! Book it!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ducati, I hope you're right about him, but if you're not then you're going to have a lot of shoe leather to chew on. Just a thought. :)

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Seattle>SF

But to return to the original thread topic, I have yet to read why Kaep being a 1-read QB (and whoever is arguing this has no evidence to back it up) is going to prevent him from succeeding in the NFL. The 49ers coaching staff knows how to manage an efficient offense. I feel like some posters on this board only look to the @CLINK game to argue that Kaep will regress and that he is limited passing wise.

That is a complete fing joke. The guy single handily beat the Falcons with his arm. He made incredible throws. He initiated a comeback in the Super Bowl. Sure, he looked pedestrian against the Seahawks but the posters who claim he is 1-read only and the equivalent to Cam Newton are setting themselves up to completely destroy their credibility. Can't wait for the season

OP
OP
R

rideaducati

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1vluhfdu said:
Ducati, I hope you're right about him, but if you're not then you're going to have a lot of shoe leather to chew on. Just a thought. :)

As of now, he is a one read QB. He might be able to get past it eventually, but he has been a one read guy since college and probably high school. It's gonna take a while for him. So far, I have not seen any improvement. He gets to a couple targets every now and then, but never when standing in the pocket. He's usually running when he does find a second target. Even then, he tends to not throw to that target and just runs himself.

OP
OP
R

rideaducati

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":3a7ewn88 said:
Seattle>SF

But to return to the original thread topic, I have yet to read why Kaep being a 1-read QB (and whoever is arguing this has no evidence to back it up) is going to prevent him from succeeding in the NFL. The 49ers coaching staff knows how to manage an efficient offense. I feel like some posters on this board only look to the @CLINK game to argue that Kaep will regress and that he is limited passing wise.

That is a complete fing joke. The guy single handily beat the Falcons with his arm. He made incredible throws. He initiated a comeback in the Super Bowl. Sure, he looked pedestrian against the Seahawks but the posters who claim he is 1-read only and the equivalent to Cam Newton are setting themselves up to completely destroy their credibility. Can't wait for the season

Kaep is nowhere close to being as good as Cam. Kaep's closest comparison is Jay Cutler, but I think Jay is better because he has some semblance of touch when needed.

OP
OP
R

rideaducati

Reaction score
Kaep being a one read qb is going to hurt him this year because he doesn't have a wr that can get open on a regular basis. Kaep doesn't usually throw the ball until after he sees the wr open except on plays with a 7 step drop...he throws the ball no matter what on those plays.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":k94vfyj6 said:
Kaep being a one read qb is going to hurt him this year because he doesn't have a wr that can get open on a regular basis. Kaep doesn't usually throw the ball until after he sees the wr open except on plays with a 7 step drop...he throws the ball no matter what on those plays.

Keep telling yourself that.

We'll see.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
lol, so many people in here are going to be sadly disappointed, and it won't be those excited to see Kaep if you know what I mean. Kaep by all accounts has looked amazing heading into this season. His connection with Boldin began instantly and is still growing and his relationship with Vernon is fantastic. The two have been hooking up non-stop. This "one-read" garbage is a Seattle-fan myth. The reason you think he is one is because of our talent on offense and the way our passing game works, his first read is usally the right read and the right throw for him to make.

can't wait til week 2 :)

Kaep to vernon!!!........again!

OP
OP
R

rideaducati

Reaction score
look@dafilm":3a9eloko said:
lol, so many people in here are going to be sadly disappointed, and it won't be those excited to see Kaep if you know what I mean. Kaep by all accounts has looked amazing heading into this season. His connection with Boldin began instantly and is still growing and his relationship with Vernon is fantastic. The two have been hooking up non-stop. This "one-read" garbage is a Seattle-fan myth. The reason you think he is one is because of our talent on offense and the way our passing game works, his first read is usally the right read and the right throw for him to make.

WIDE OPEN...Making the catch, OH! WHAT A SHOT! Flag is thrown, in fact three of them... WOW. Kam Chancellor...

I'm sure Kaep looks great in PRACTICE going up against that niner secondary while the D-line can't touch him.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":ay82mbsy said:
look@dafilm":ay82mbsy said:

WIDE OPEN...Making the catch, OH! WHAT A SHOT! Flag is thrown, in fact three of them... WOW. Kam Chancellor...

I'm sure Kaep looks great in PRACTICE going up against that niner secondary while the D-line can't touch him.

Actually he looked good in the NFC Divisional Round, the NFC Championship Game and in the Super Bowl.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Eh, he didn't look good in the NFCCG, IMO. 1 TD and 233 yards against a bad secondary?... You have a pretty low standard for defining "good", if you think that fits the bill.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kaep is going to be depressed with post pardem symtoms, Lockette got cut today so he won't have his boy toy to tell him how wonderful he is.

His connection with Boldin began instantly and is still growing and his relationship with Vernon is fantastic. The two have been hooking up non-stop.

I wonder how Harbaugh will take this, conserving energy before games typically is what a lot of player do. Guys hooking up non stop could lead to chronic fatigue and play right into the oppositions hands, Maybe Kaep is trying to find a replacement since Lockette is now gone.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3700265z said:
Eh, he didn't look good in the NFCCG, IMO. 1 TD and 233 yards against a bad secondary?... You have a pretty low standard for defining "good", if you think that fits the bill.

Right....because 16-21 (76.2 comp%), 11.1 Average PER ATTEMPT, a 92.6 QBR and a 127.7 QB Rating (a rating higher than 15 of Russell Wilsons 18 starts last year) is a "pretty low standard for defining good". Oh, and BTW...THEY WON THE GAME after being 17 pts down.

SMDH.

Just STOP. LOL.