For all of you RW weight watchers...

Seymour

Reaction score
Yes!!!!

Agree 100%. Looks like this "grinding" is more than hype to me.

That makes my day. I think Russell getting us jump started is huge in how 2017 will go. With him in good shape, and the weapons he has this year, that can really take the pressure off the D to help get them back to form as well. :2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
SkyHawks16":2kwwkg4l said:
This is Russell yesterday, looks like he has lost weight.

2643vxz

Look at his face and you can tell, not the chubby cheeks he had before.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":7mg1n4r0 said:
SkyHawks16":7mg1n4r0 said:
This is Russell yesterday, looks like he has lost weight.

Look at his face and you can tell, not the chubby cheeks he had before.

Exactly. Some people pick up weight and it shows on their face first. I'm built the same way. I gain 10 lbs and it can be seen first in my face and from there gets pretty evenly dispersed and it tough to spot elsewhere.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Some of you guys should organize a Fat Watch group to hide outside Russell's house like nefarious KGB agents.

You can follow him around with calorie counters so you can precisely crunch his caloric intake each day to make sure he's still inside your fat face acceptability range.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":jm3fwvql said:
Some of you guys should organize a Fat Watch group to hide outside Russell's house like nefarious KGB agents.

You can follow him around with calorie counters so you can precisely crunch his caloric intake each day to make sure he's still inside your fat face acceptability range.

And "some of you guys" should observe his level of play difference at the end of 2017 and get back to us on this topic with a more educated discussion on if this makes any difference or not. :snack:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Anthony!":346vww2h said:
vin.couve12":346vww2h said:
Forgot about this from your ESPN article. I'll bold it.

In fact, he's never finished higher than 32nd in release time since entering the league.

That I kind of expect, previous to 2015 anyway. He used to run around like a chicken with his head cut off for long periods.

but we were talking about 2015 and 2016 were he was under 3 seconds.
The old addage is under 3 and used to be a training technique with a basketball game clock. Most decent QBs are under 3 now according to your "stats." The line is 2.5 seconds now, it appears and the principle still stands. And your facts aren't facts with discrepancies. That's literally not possible.

He's your idol/ hero, I get it.

Seymour

Reaction score
vin.couve12":f6dsxm0v said:
The old addage is under 3 and used to be a training technique with a basketball game clock. Most decent QBs are under 3 now according to your "stats." The line is 2.5 seconds now, it appears and the principle still stands. And your facts aren't facts with discrepancies. That's literally not possible.

I agree Russell needs to keep improving his release time, especially against tough D front lines (pressure). But that said, I also do not place a ton of importance on his release times since he is a scrambling / running QB that 1 or 2 long scrambles per game, will run those release times up over more conventional pocket QB's.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seymour":1g5hda6y said:
vin.couve12":1g5hda6y said:

I agree Russell needs to keep improving his release time, especially against tough D front lines (pressure). But that said, I also do not place a ton of importance on his release times since he is a scrambling / running QB that 1 or 2 long scrambles per game, will run those release times up over more conventional pocket QB's.
Yeah I know. It's always a concern with mobile QBs though because whether it's injury or age....that inevitably goes away. QBs always need to be QBs first.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":2zch6jau said:
Sgt. Largent":2zch6jau said:

And "some of you guys" should observe his level of play difference at the end of 2017 and get back to us on this topic with a more educated discussion on if this makes any difference or not. :snack:

except he was still injured so we don't really know, though I agree the adding of muscle may not have helped, and obviously it appears he is going the other way this coming year. I only hope the oline is better and our RBs can stay healthy as well.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":22oxk8lg said:
vin.couve12":22oxk8lg said:

Yes as I said though the facts are staring you in the face from PFF, ESPN you still refuse to admit the truth that he is under 3 because it does not fit your agenda, your a hater so why would you. That said in the end the facts are the facts and the last 2 years he has been under 3 enough said.

Seymour

Reaction score
Anthony!":3fwi6107 said:
Seymour":3fwi6107 said:
Sgt. Largent":3fwi6107 said:

except he was still injured so we don't really know, though I agree the adding of muscle may not have helped, and obviously it appears he is going the other way this coming year. I only hope the oline is better and our RBs can stay healthy as well.

I believe the weight and additional mass effected his throwing motion enough that his accuracy suffered at times. That is on top of the mobility / pressure / sack issue (that the injuries would be more related to). So I believe we will see less of those errant overthrows / misses that popped up last season. Oddly, many of those seemed to be to Kearse, who was way over targeted in the red zone IMO.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Anthony!":2ls1zgn1 said:
Seymour":2ls1zgn1 said:
vin.couve12":2ls1zgn1 said:

Yes as I said though the facts are staring you in the face from PFF, ESPN you still refuse to admit the truth that he is under 3 because it does not fit your agenda, your a hater so why would you. That said in the end the facts are the facts and the last 2 years he has been under 3 enough said.

Are you not understanding that the bar is no longer 3?

What makes it really bad is that that Chris Collinsworth was right about something. During the Tampa game last year he said a QB only has 2.5 seconds and your subjective, discrepancy infected stats actually support that. I yelled back at the screen that it was 3 so that damn Collinsworth actually got me on something.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":rqazkoy1 said:
Sgt. Largent":rqazkoy1 said:

So it wasn't the fact that Russell's ankle got destroyed in the first game, and then suffered two more significant injuries that slowed him down all year?

And before that? Russell even said during camp that he wanted to put on 10 lbs of muscle to help absorb the punishment his body took in 2015.

These are facts. What you fat truthers are discussing is pure unadulterated speculation. You have ZERO facts to back up your fat claims, because Russell was hurt literally the entire year. No way in hell you can derive at your conclusion. It's a laughable discussion.

If there's one person on this team that we don't have to be worried about being focused and prepared, it's Russell.........because his entire body of football evidence shows that he's 100% of the time the most prepared and dedicated person on his team. Every.Single.Year.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":21e89498 said:
Seymour":21e89498 said:
Sgt. Largent":21e89498 said:

So it wasn't the fact that Russell's ankle got destroyed in the first game, and then suffered two more significant injuries that slowed him down all year?

And before that? Russell even said during camp that he wanted to put on 10 lbs of muscle to help absorb the punishment his body took in 2015.

These are facts. What you fat truthers are discussing is pure unadulterated speculation. You have ZERO facts to back up your fat claims, because Russell was hurt literally the entire year. No way in hell you can derive at your conclusion. It's a laughable discussion.

If there's one person on this team that we don't have to be worried about being focused and prepared, it's Russell.........because his entire body of football evidence shows that he's 100% of the time the most prepared and dedicated person on his team. Every.Single.Year.

All I've ever really contended is that it can matter and have an effect. Nobody on either side can "prove" their point and that is why the topic always has fuel. Of course the injuries contributed, but as I just posted the additional mass CAN POSSIBLY have an effect also (and I personally believe it did make matters worse). Therefore I say the real test is the eye test to see if more of the same occurs this season, or not. Lastly, exaggerating the injuries like "major injuries", and ankle "destroyed" only provides more fuel for the opposite side the way I see this.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
titan3131":1tn9hn7m said:
I would argue for RW's long term health and pro career he should have sat all year and lets us get a GREAT draft position. Especially after Earl went down.

Not to mention if boykin showed up all season we could get his value up and possibly moved him patriots style.

the mind is an amazing thing, people can believe things like the earth being flat, Russians hacking the election, Chemtrails ect.

As Steve Perry says
"Dont Stop Believing"

And I would counter that argument with, KNOWING that Pete fielded his best option @ QB; We all know that he would never purposely try to jockey his way to a better Draft Position by tanking a season.
And, you are right, the "Amazing" mind can also deny certain facts ( like the Russians covertly messing with elections all over the planet) , especially if it hitches to their train of argument.....All the Answers & NONE of the Questions.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":3hsd3a0x said:
Anthony!":3hsd3a0x said:
Seymour":3hsd3a0x said:
Sgt. Largent":3hsd3a0x said:

I believe the weight and additional mass effected his throwing motion enough that his accuracy suffered at times. That is on top of the mobility / pressure / sack issue (that the injuries would be more related to). So I believe we will see less of those errant overthrows / misses that popped up last season. Oddly, many of those seemed to be to Kearse, who was way over targeted in the red zone IMO.

Agreed on Kearse Make me wonder on some if he was even running the right route though

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":9i4rz5se said:
Seymour":9i4rz5se said:
Sgt. Largent":9i4rz5se said:

Try this for fact, tear your knee up get a high ankle sprain and tear a upper body muscle, now run your ass 5 miles a day and stay in shape. If you can do that I will drop my contention he put on weight in addition to that he wanted to add.

That's like saying pregnant women didn't gain any weight it was all baby.

erik2690

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2mk9udhm said:
Forgot about this from your ESPN article. I'll bold it.

In fact, he's never finished higher than 32nd in release time since entering the league.

That I kind of expect, previous to 2015 anyway. He used to run around like a chicken with his head cut off for long periods.

Can you clarify what exactly you are arguing? NFL.com next Gen stats has his "time to throw" at 2.61 seconds for all of 2016. For comparison Brady is at 2.57, Matt Ryan 2.64. It seems like you were trying to say that the 2016 time posted by another user must be way off, but every source I've seen says his time to throw was much speedier in 2016. Which makes sense. Less scrambling would bring down the time to throw which is part of the reason I've always felt that stat was unfair to Wilson. Like lets say he has a game with 25 attempts and has a release time of 3 seconds flat on all of them except 3 passes. On those 3 passes he scrambles around for 6 seconds and makes an awesome play out of it. In context of the game those 3 scrambles could all be big positives and yet it would bring his time to throw up to 3.36. Just from those 3 attempts that most QB's couldn't have, his time to throw goes up by more than 1/3 of a second for the game. So his time to throw when healthy will always look a bit inflated as compared to a Brady or pure pocket guy. Anyway back to my original point, his time to throw last year was quite low as compared to past years.