For all of Ticket Experts

Tbone

Reaction score
As we all know last year tickets prices to the big game dropped the Thursday before game. Do we all think that this will be the case year with all of us so close? We are driving down Wedsnesday night and lodging is taken care of just need ticket like most of us do. Just hoping they drop enough to get us into the game.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I listened to a sports talk radio show today where the hosts went to New York for the game last year. They said that ticket prices dropped dramatically after about 9 days out from the game. Tickets could even be found at face value.

That said - if you remember New York had some pretty bad weather so I'm not sure that could be indicative of this year.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I will be in Phoenix for the game just like you but I don't see the pattern everyone is talking about. The prices on Stub hub have gone up $300 the last 2 days. There are going to be so many Hawk fans competing for the tickets when they start to drop that I don't think things will go the way the experts think. I'm ready to jump if the tickets hit the point I need them too but I think there will be a ton of fans waiting to do the same thing. I'm perfectly fine taking in all the fun and watching the game on TV in Arizona and I think there are going to be a massive number of 12's doing the same thing but most of us will be ready to jump when it hits the point we are comfortable with which will probably be higher than last year. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not real optimistic for tickets heading to Arizona.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm certainly not an expert but it seems reasonable to assume the weather played a big factor in ticket price fluctuation last year.

seabowl

Reaction score
Last year tickets started off very low due to possible bad weather. About a week before the game they rose big time when it became clearer that the weather would be ok. The night before the game there wasn't a ticket to be had below 2k. I waited until 10:45am the day of the game to buy mine on Stubhub for $1560. I kept checking after my purchase and did not see it lower than what I paid. Btw I sat in the nosebleeds but made it down to the first row 50 yard line within the last 5 minutes to watch the celebration.

IMO this year should be I think a little easier since both teams have won bowls and that the game is not in a megamarket like NY.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
seabowl":n9nbhc4v said:
Last year tickets started off very low due to possible bad weather. About a week before the game they rose big time when it became clearer that the weather would be ok. The night before the game there wasn't a ticket to be had below 2k. I waited until 10:45am the day of the game to buy mine on Stubhub for $1560. I kept checking after my purchase and did not see it lower than what I paid. Btw I sat in the nosebleeds but made it down to the first row 50 yard line within the last 5 minutes to watch the celebration.

IMO this year should be I think a little easier since both teams have won bowls and that the game is not in a megamarket like NY.

How were the tickets delivered?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Tickets on game-day should be start creeping towards face-value. The next few days will be the absolute worst time to buy.

If you're already planning on being down there, buy on Friday, Saturday or Sunday morning.

OpHawk

Reaction score
I distinctly remember last year the prices hitting their floor on the Thursday before. When it became clear the New York area was gonna be experiencing a heat wave, the locals began to buy heavily, driving up prices and draining supply. When I returned home from the game I remember seeing a graphic/map of ticket sales based on paying zipcodes. BY FAR, the most sales came from the New York area.

I don't see anything like that happening this year. But prices seem to be much higher now than at a comparable time last year. It's gonna be tough to forecast.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
seabowl":113lalko said:

That is just not correct and not supported by any of the data.

I collected data since before the NFC/AFC champ serious as I have done this time.

Tickets were at their highest on the 18th of January (far from starting off very low) and then progressively went down day by day for example, cheapest (date), they went as follows from SH - I have for all zones. Yes, around Feb. 1, they started to creep up but based on my information, not sure where your seats were, but upper end zone at that price was well below the prices just after the NFC/AFC....[note, other re-sale sites had cheaper tickets as stubhubs tickets are a premium because they included bus transfers as a pre-game party. this is the case now]

Jan 18 - 2580
Jan 21 - 2577
Jan 22 - 2440
Jan 23 - 2199
Jan 24 - 1841
Jan 25 - 1699
Jan 26 - 1547
Jan 27 - 1580
Jan 28 - 1685
Jan 29 - 1752
Jan 30 - 1589
Feb. 1@8am - 1437\
[Then i was flying to NYC so did not look again]

The issue I have seen is that the volume of seats in the first place is much much lower than in NYC.

My travel plans can have their plug pulled with minimal costs but I am not prepared to pay over 2500 for a lower bowl seat. Period.

Also, Data published in forbes for the last 5SB's should help others since you do not have to take my word for this as i am but one person. There are many who do this as a game.

Latest posts