Florio predicts Bezos will own Hawks

sdog1981

Reaction score
I don't think he wants anything to do with ownership of any sport, but it is a fun name to throw around on headlines.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
If Bezos does want to own the Hawks, it's probably one of those vanity purchases asshole billionaires like to do. Can't imagine he'd be a good owner. (n)
Why? the dude is immensely successful. He grew Amazon from literally nothing, shipping books himself to what Amazon is now and also a crazy successful space program in Blue Origin that puts satellites into space every month. Bezos as owner? Yes please.

olyfan63

Reaction score
It's just hard for any potential new owner to measure up to Paul Allen and what he brought to the team and the community. After some of the Seattle sports owners, I'm still gunshy. I don't really watch or follow NBA since the Sonics got stolen. We almost lost the Seahawks to slimeball Ken Behring. I'd be just as happy to have Jody Allen hang onto the team another 10+ years and do her best to keep honoring Paul's vision and memory.

hawks85

Reaction score
Why? the dude is immensely successful. He grew Amazon from literally nothing, shipping books himself to what Amazon is now and also a crazy successful space program in Blue Origin that puts satellites into space every month. Bezos as owner? Yes please.
Are you kidding me? Bezos? dude is a scumbag. Don't care how successful amazon is. Bezos buys the Hawks, say goodbye. That dirtbag will sell to the first buyer. It's all about money with that dude.

cymatica

Reaction score
He'll change the name to the Seacocks with the blue origin rocket as the logo

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Exactly. Guy has throw away money and I cant imagine him doing anything other than trying to win. I'm all in for Bezos.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? Bezos? dude is a scumbag. Don't care how successful amazon is. Bezos buys the Hawks, say goodbye. That dirtbag will sell to the first buyer. It's all about money with that dude.
The validation and ego that come with being part of the most exclusive (mostly) men's club in the world is far more valuable than adding a few dollars to your $123b.

It's literally the worlds greatest flex. G5's, Iced out Pateks, 25 year old supermodels, yachts... lot's of people have them, but only 32 people on Earth own an NFL franchise.

Eventually the team will be sold, it's inevitable. All I care about is two things.

1. Would he keep the squad in Seattle
2. Is he competitive to do what it takes to win.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Do any of us know if he's a sports fan or not? Like I said, I don't know much at all about him. Just curious if he's in to sports.

Last edited:

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Exactly. Guy has throw away money and I cant imagine him doing anything other than trying to win. I'm all in for Bezos.
Depends on if he's more like Paul than Jerry/Snyder. If he hires good football people and lets them run the show, then good. If he wants to show how smart he is by meddling in football affairs like the bozos I mentioned, then we are in for a bumpy ride.

toffee

Reaction score
It's just hard for any potential new owner to measure up to Paul Allen and what he brought to the team and the community. After some of the Seattle sports owners, I'm still gunshy. I don't really watch or follow NBA since the Sonics got stolen. We almost lost the Seahawks to slimeball Ken Behring. I'd be just as happy to have Jody Allen hang onto the team another 10+ years and do her best to keep honoring Paul's vision and memory.
You have a polar opposite view on Jody from fade 😔

Latest posts