First Post on .net

MizzouHawks

Reaction score
I'm sneaking in hours before the season starts. Born and raised in Columbia, Missouri and have never set foot in Washington let alone Seattle. A 1999 Monday Night Football game between Seattle and Green Bay sparked my interest in the Hawks and it somehow stuck. And no I am not a rams fan in disguise, but I know an awful lot about both them and the chiefs courtesy of my friends. Been checking this site pretty regularly over the past year and thought it was time to join. A little more info

Favorite All Time Hawk: Shaun Alexander
Offensive Player: Golden Tate (Only ND player I'll ever like)
Defensive Player: Bobby Wagner (the reason our defense rose to the top)
Non-Hawk: Larry Fitzgerald
2013/14 Record Prediction: 12-4

I'll also admit that I hated the move to draft Russ in the 3rd round and was even more upset when he was named the starter. Schneider and Carroll are smarter than me.

Go Hawks! :thirishdrinkers:

TriCHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawks":3jyf32mm said:
I'm sneaking in hours before the season starts. Born and raised in Columbia, Missouri and have never set foot in Washington let alone Seattle. A 1999 Monday Night Football game between Seattle and Green Bay sparked my interest in the Hawks and it somehow stuck. And no I am not a rams fan in disguise, but I know an awful lot about both them and the chiefs courtesy of my friends. Been checking this site pretty regularly over the past year and thought it was time to join. A little more info

Welcome!

I remember this game well - My ship was in San Diego at the time, so we watched at the Hooters downtown. My friend and I are/were huge 'hawks fans, and the guy we went with was a die-hard Packer fan. He talked so much smack before the game, and by the end I thought he was going to cry or punch one of us. It was awesome.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I remember that '99 Packers game as well. It was Holmgren's first game against his former team and my buddy (who is a huge Packers fan) came over to watch the game with me.

When Shawn Springs returned that blocked FG for a TD, I knew it was going to be a great night.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I've spent some time in your neck of the woods, always had a good time. Saw my first lady of the night get picked up on a legit sketchy street corner while I was visiting. Memories...

Anyway, always nice to have a new member. Welcome aboard.

Can't wait to get the low down on the Rams come week 8. There's a few helpful/friendly Rams posters here, but it never hurts to know as much as possible.

Happy

Reaction score
Wecome to .net mizzou

:thshakehands:

go hawks!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Columbia Missouri huh. In my old job we used to drive up there from Miami Oklahoma when we were in town just to go to the Bass Pro Shop!

Mick063

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

I don't have many posts, but I have watched damn near every Seahawk game since their inception in 1976, which means I have been a fan longer than many folks have been alive.

This is the best unit in team history. I have seen them all, but top to bottom, there has never been more talent assembled on one Seahawk team. Don't know how this talent will translate to success, but the talent is definitely there.

My favorite Seahawk player of all time?

Russell Wilson.

Most under rated Seahawk of all time?

Dwayne Harper.

Best Seahawk pass rusher?

Rufus Porter.

Best Seahawk run stuffer?

Fred Young.

Best Seahawk runner?

Curt Warner.

Best blocker?

Walter Jones

Best fullback?

Mack Strong

Best receiver?

Steve Largent

Best down defensive lineman?

Jacob Green

-The Glove-

Reaction score
MizzouHawks":1wjx7oee said:

Favorite All Time Hawk: Shaun Alexander
Offensive Player: Golden Tate (Only ND player I'll ever like)
Defensive Player: Bobby Wagner (the reason our defense rose to the top)
Non-Hawk: Larry Fitzgerald
2013/14 Record Prediction: 12-4

I'll also admit that I hated the move to draft Russ in the 3rd round and was even more upset when he was named the starter. Schneider and Carroll are smarter than me.

Go Hawks! :thirishdrinkers:
Bout time you made it over from the Blue