First post - new fan

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":12tmihfs said:
Welcome, and if it make you feel any better before we had a Seahawk Team I think the majority of Washingtonians were Rams fans because of the west coast loyalty, with the rest split between the Packers, Vikings, probably because of our large Scandinavian population. I had a LA Rams Gym bag I was proud of. This was back in the days of Roman Gabriel, Jack Youngblood, and Jack Snow. The 49rs and Raiders were not liked by us, even way back then.

Ya my Dad was a huge Rams fan growing up but became a Seahawk Fan here living in the Portland Area. He has been a Hawks fan at least since the mid 80s

Hawks46

Reaction score
FrasierCrane":3nh62bob said:
Thanks again everyone. My wife and I are hoping to take a trip this fall/winter and start in Portland and drive up to seattle and the vancouver. Hopefully we can catch a seahawks game during that time.

And red Alice - I get what you're saying and commend you for being a Rams fan regardless of location, but that's just not me. I don't really view the team as some part of my family or anything, so if they're gonna be out of St. Louis or disrespect the city, I can't stay on board with that.

I want to welcome all new fans. I hope my fellow Seahawk fans don't start in about "bandwagon fans' and such with you guys. Some people like winning teams, some people are attracted by a team winning the Superbowl, and realize they like them.

You'll find that a lot of Hawks fans still play the "disrespect" card about the media and Hawk coverage. Even the year before our big run in 2013, there was some disrespect. Because our team is one of the more remote geographical teams in the league, there were many years that we were literally ignored by the media. You could watch Sports Center and not even see a Hawks highlight segment, they would just throw a score up there.

What combats that is a strong nation wide fan base, and it starts with winning. Honestly, how many Pats fans were there before they started winning ? Maybe half of what there are now. So welcome, to all you new guys, and enjoy the ride. Just don't jump off when the ride's over, this team will make you fall in love with it.

As for my quote, if you love beer, Frasier, I highly recommend Portland. It really is amazing how many micro breweries and variety of beers and wines that are crafted locally. Portland up to Seattle and Vancouver BC is going to be fun. lots of great stuff to see