first-pick.com ---- Too Soon?

naholmes

Reaction score
I fixed the offense, especially the running game! Quenton Nelson would obviously be a home run at #18. I sort of cheated by trading away next year’s 1st (#32) to pick Guice at #33, he’s probably the closest to beast mode in this draft. Samuels would be interesting in Schotty’s offense he’s a receiving threat at H-back / TE / FB. Gallup is flying under the radar but I think he’s legit and would challenge Darboh immediately. Weathersby is depth at RT, going back to the well with an LSU lineman. Carlson is the top kicker, need that. Izzo is a blocking TE, need that too.

Didn’t get as much on defense. Picked two DBs from VT, I think Alexander would be a safety, he’s big and fast, and Stroman is a steal at the end of the draft and can help on punt and kick returns. Brown and Senat add bodies to the defensive line rotation. Didn’t get a linebacker but you can’t win em all.

Your score is: 22161 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 18: Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE): Derrius Guice, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1 (CLE): Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 5 Pick 4: Jaylen Samuels, RB/WR, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22 (CLE): Andrew Brown, DE, Virginia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 32: Toby Weathersby, OT, LSU (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1 (CLE): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 7 Pick 8: Ryan Izzo, TE, Florida State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Greg Stroman, CB, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 7 Pick 31: Deadrin Senat, DT, South Florida (A+)

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Just for kicks I did one as the Browns with their glutton of picks! pretty fun to have that much action

Went barkley 1, and then Rosen at 4. Traded my 2-1 pick and next years 1 to get back to 13 and take LT Brown from OK.

That would be an amazing haul,,,,,if you trust Rosen I guess.

xgeoff

Reaction score
This is the best grade I've ever gotten in this thing, lol

Your score is: 21598 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 10 (MIA): Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama (A), This is pretty ideal for me. Trading down and still getting the bruiser I want at SS.

Round 2 Pick 29 (JAX): Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (A+), This guy has a compelling mix of height and speed. I wasn't overly impressed with his film at ND, and was deciding between him and Pettis. In hindsight, I think I'd go with Pettis to get another potential kick returner in case Lockett gets injured.

Round 3 Pick 9 (MIA): Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina (A), best pass catching TE in the draft. Not sure about his blocking skills.

Round 3 Pick 25 (TENN): Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn (A), The RB's were flying off the board. Chubb, Michel, Penny, all gone. I really wanted Penny, and was surprised he was gone at this point. Johnson is excellent, however, and reminds me of Leveon Bell.

Round 3 Pick 29 (JAX): Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (B+), Didn't get a good grade on this one but I don't care. Wynn is my favorite OL in the draft.

Round 4 Pick 7 (NYJ): Marquis Haynes, OLB/DE, Ole Miss (B+), this guy is probably not an everydown player, but you should see him rush the QB. He is a force of nature in that regard. I'd put him in a pass rush package or blitz him off the edge. This will get us off the field on 3rd down and seal the deal in the 4th quarter when we have the lead.

Round 4 Pick 20: J.C. Jackson, CB, Maryland (A+), this guy could be the steal of the draft at this level. He has great speed and athleticism but previous off-field issues make him available here.

Round 5 Pick 4: Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina AT (A+), don't know much about this guy, but wanted another prospect on the OL.

Round 5 Pick 9: Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama (A), I do not know why scarborough is rated so low. I thought he ran very well and has great size. I know he's not elusive, which could be problematic with our line, but if we can get him to the LOS, watch out.

Round 5 Pick 32: JK Scott, P, Alabama (A+), bring him in to compete with Ryan

Round 7 Pick 8: Eddy Pineiro, K, Florida (A+), bye bye Blair Walsh. This guy is money.

Round 7 Pick 30: James Looney, DT, California (A-), watch this guys film. He squirms into the backfield and disrupts plays

Round 7 Pick 31: Austin Ramesh, FB, Wisconsin (A+), I like Fullbacks and I think we need one

chris98251

Reaction score
Got that score with two Kickers and a Fullback? Nobody drafts kickers and Fullbacks are not needed in the NFL, it's a passing league remember :)

xgeoff

Reaction score
chris98251":3h3dv8ah said:
Got that score with two Kickers and a Fullback? Nobody drafts kickers and Fullbacks are not needed in the NFL, it's a passing league remember :)

LOL, Normally I agree with you. And you might have a point regarding a punter in the 5th. But I stand by taking a quality kicker in the 7th. It's the 7th!

And I would contend that fullbacks are underappreciated right now. I would love to have a versatile fullback. In Madden (yeah I know, it's a game) I draft good blocking TE's and put them as my fullback. Comes in handy when the defense gets into your backfield.

And hey, you've seen how many times we get defenders in our backfield... ;)

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
First-Pick is a free progam and , values are sque'd, and trades far reachng. I subscribe to Fanspeak's On The Clock Premium, which is rather cheap $10. for the year, but the Big Boards are updated weekly and trades ( only allowed with Premium) within the Trade Value chart.

This is a draft I did using Fanspeak's Big Board that was updated Jan. 26. In this draft I wanted to see what trading ET would get , but since you can't trade players for draft picks, I used trading a future 1st and 2nd + this years last pick in 5th round. I wanted to trade with Green Bay @ 14 but they wouldn't trade so I got Azizona's #15 ( as much as I would hate trading Thomas to a division rival) Since we don't have very much cap room and have a number of players we should re-sign, I wanted to get out of the first round completely. The link takes you to the picks trades and trade partners. I only did the draft for 5 rounds.

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/sharedraft.php?d=chqbjg

xgeoff

Reaction score
CDN_C_Hawk":3fd3ot9b said:
First-Pick is a free progam and , values are sque'd, and trades far reachng. I subscribe to Fanspeak's On The Clock Premium, which is rather cheap $10. for the year, but the Big Boards are updated weekly and trades ( only allowed with Premium) within the Trade Value chart.

This is a draft I did using Fanspeak's Big Board that was updated Jan. 26. In this draft I wanted to see what trading ET would get , but since you can't trade players for draft picks, I used trading a future 1st and 2nd + this years last pick in 5th round. I wanted to trade with Green Bay @ 14 but they wouldn't trade so I got Azizona's #15 ( as much as I would hate trading Thomas to a division rival) Since we don't have very much cap room and have a number of players we should re-sign, I wanted to get out of the first round completely. The link takes you to the picks trades and trade partners. I only did the draft for 5 rounds.

That system is broken. For example, here is one of your trades:

TRADE PARTNER:
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SENT:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 3
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 11
ROUND: 2 PICK: 32

According to the draft value chart, round 2 pick 3 is worth 550 points.
Round 2 pic, 11 is worth 470 points and
round 2 pick 32 is worth 270 points

So you got 740 points worth of picks for 550 points. Ack!

If I were doing the trade logic for this game I would stay true to the trade value chart, in other words the value you get must be <= the value you give.

Also, nobody is valuing Earl at a 1st and 2nd round value. You could reasonably project a 1st and 4th at most.

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
xgeoff":5jm46ta9 said:
CDN_C_Hawk":5jm46ta9 said:

TRADE PARTNER:
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SENT:
RECEIVED:

If I were doing the trade logic for this game I would stay true to the trade value chart, in other words the value you get must be <= the value you give.

Also, nobody is valuing Earl at a 1st and 2nd round value. You could reasonably project a 1st and 4th at most.

Of course there will be some squewed trade values.....although it is also possible....NE really wanted Harrison , but I agree they most likely would never give up that much. Most of the other trade values are reasonably close.

As far as the future first and second round trade, I explained it was merely to get the picks I THOUGHT we might get for Earl, not that I value him a 1st and 2nd. As stated I wanted to do the trade with Packers as I think they want a pro bowl safety, but had to go with Cards and got their 1st and their 3rd for Earl . Like I said, you can't trade players for picks, so just did what was needed in the program to acheive a first round pick in mid teens and a 3rd or 4th.

xgeoff

Reaction score
CDN_C_Hawk":lscog4cv said:
xgeoff":lscog4cv said:
CDN_C_Hawk":lscog4cv said:

TRADE PARTNER:
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SENT:
RECEIVED:

Of course there will be some squewed trade values.....although it is also possible....NE really wanted Harrison , but I agree they most likely would never give up that much. Most of the other trade values are reasonably close.

As far as the future first and second round trade, I explained it was merely to get the picks I THOUGHT we might get for Earl, not that I value him a 1st and 2nd. As stated I wanted to do the trade with Packers as I think they want a pro bowl safety, but had to go with Cards and got their 1st and their 3rd for Earl . Like I said, you can't trade players for picks, so just did what was needed in the program to acheive a first round pick in mid teens and a 3rd or 4th.

Gotcha. Fwiw, I don't disagree with your strategy of trading earl for a good first rounder.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Fanspeak.com straight up draft w/o any trades, this kind of shows that there are players to be had, without trading anything AND with the 104 "missing picks" between 18 & 122. Of course, their rakings are currently wacked and will likely change considerably between now and the draft. This wouldn't be all that bad of a draft if it fell this way.

18: R1P18 - OG QUENTON NELSON, NOTRE DAME
122: R4P20 - RB RASHAAD PENNY, SDSU
143: R5P4 - CB LEVI WALLACE, ALABAMA
148: R5P9 - LB MICAH KISER, VIRGINIA
171: R5P32 - DL KENTAVIUS STREET, NC STATE
226: R7P8 - TE DURHAM SMYTHE, NOTRE DAME
248: R7P30 - P MICHAEL DICKSON, TEXAS
249: R7P31 - LB MARQUIS HAYNES, OLE MISS
+ The Seahawks would likely use NFL free agency to pick up players for competition at WR, OT, FS & 1 additional RB.

gwinnUSAF77

Reaction score
Your score is: 22570 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 4 (IND): Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 25 (TENN): DeShon Elliott, SS, Texas (B+)
Round 2 Pick 32 (N.E.): Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 3 (IND): Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 4 Pick 20: Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 5 Pick 4: Nyheim Hines, RB, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Dalton Schultz, TE, Stanford (A+)
Round 5 Pick 32: JK Scott, P, Alabama (A+)
Round 7 Pick 8: Dimitri Flowers, FB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Byron Pringle, WR, Kansas State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 31: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

Shane Falco

Reaction score
A couple more, could do this all day long. :lol: Can't seem to get better than a B+, gotta go by their rankings and their overall team needs to get better.

Your score is: 19530 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 28 (PITT): Vita Vea, DT, Washington (B+)
Round 2 Pick 28 (PITT): DeShon Elliott, SS, Texas (B+)
Round 3 Pick 28 (PITT): Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (B+)
Round 4 Pick 20: Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, Southern California (A)
Round 5 Pick 9: Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburgh (A+)
Round 5 Pick 23 (LAR): Christopher Herndon, TE, Miami (FL) (A-)
Round 5 Pick 32: Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21 (LAR): John Kelly, RB, Tennessee (A+)
Round 7 Pick 8: Kameron Kelly, CB, San Diego State (A-)
Round 7 Pick 30: Eddy Pineiro, K, Florida (A+)
Round 7 Pick 31: Michael Dickson, P, Texas (A)

Your score is: 19752 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 28 (PITT): Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (A)
Round 2 Pick 28 (PITT): DeShon Elliott, SS, Texas (B+)
Round 3 Pick 28 (PITT): Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (B+)
Round 4 Pick 20: Darius Leonard, OLB, South Carolina State (C+)
Round 5 Pick 4: Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin (A)
Round 5 Pick 9: Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 5 Pick 32: Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama (A+)
Round 7 Pick 8: Deadrin Senat, DT, South Florida (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 7 Pick 31: Michael Dickson, P, Texas (A)

gwinnUSAF77

Reaction score
Your score is: 22531 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 10 (MIA): Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (A+)
Round 2 Pick 23 (CAR): Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 3 (IND): Keishawn Bierria, OLB, Washington (A)
Round 3 Pick 9 (MIA): Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 4 Pick 4 (IND): Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn (A+)
Round 4 Pick 20: Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 5 Pick 4: Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina AT (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Jaylen Samuels, RB/WR, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 31: Terrell Edmunds, SS, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 7 Pick 8: Dimitri Flowers, FB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Michael Dickson, P, Texas (A)
Round 7 Pick 32: Eddy Pineiro, K, Florida (A+)

nanomoz

Reaction score
Your score is: 22821 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 28 (PITT): Harold Landry, OLB/DE, Boston College (A-)
Round 2 Pick 24 (BUF): Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 3 Pick 5 (T.B.): Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso (A+)
Round 3 Pick 32 (BUF): Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn (A)
Round 4 Pick 8 (T.B.): Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 20: Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana (A+)
Round 4 Pick 21 (BUF): Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 5 Pick 4: J.C. Jackson, CB, Maryland (A+)
Round 5 Pick 7 (T.B.): Nyheim Hines, RB, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Tyrone Crowder, OG, Clemson (B)
Round 5 Pick 29 (BUF): Will Richardson, OT, North Carolina State (B-)
Round 5 Pick 31: Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina AT (A+)
Round 7 Pick 16 (CAR): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 7 Pick 24 (CAR): Austin Ramesh, FB, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Darren Carrington II, WR, Utah (A+)
Round 7 Pick 32: Tre Flowers, SS, Oklahoma State (A)

nanomoz

Reaction score
This is stupid impossible, but I'd splooge:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 30 (MINN): Wynn, Isaiah, OG, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 30 (MINN): Jones II, Ronald, RB, Southern California (A+)
Round 4 Pick 11 (MIA): Thomas, Ian, TE, Indiana (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27 (N.O.): Welsh, Sean, OG, Iowa (A)
Round 4 Pick 30 (MIA): Richardson, Will, OT, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 7 (T.B.): Bates III, Jessie, FS, Wake Forest (A)
Round 5 Pick 8 (CHI): Schultz, Dalton, TE, Stanford (A)
Round 5 Pick 9: Smythe, Durham, TE, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 5 Pick 31: Crabtree, Zachary, OT, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6 (T.B.): Flowers, Dimitri, FB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4 (HOU): Coutee, Keke, WR, Texas Tech (A+)
Round 7 Pick 6 (CHI): Hill, Holton, CB, Texas (A+)
Round 7 Pick 8: Facyson, Brandon, CB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 7 Pick 17 (NYJ): Lotulelei, Lowell, DT, Utah (A+)
Round 7 Pick 25 (TENN): Scott, JK, P, Alabama (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29 (JAX): Wieneke, Jake, WR, South Dakota State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Demby, Jamil, OG, Maine (A+)
Round 7 Pick 32: Ramesh, Austin, FB, Wisconsin (A)

original poster

Reaction score
Your score is: 22009 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 31 (N.E.): Hernandez, Will, OG, Texas-El Paso (A)
Round 2 Pick 25 (TENN): Jones II, Ronald, RB, Southern California (A)
Round 2 Pick 31 (N.E.): Key, Arden, DE/OLB, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 22 (K.C.): Gallup, Michael, WR, Colorado State (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (TENN): Elliott, DeShon, SS, Texas (A)
Round 4 Pick 20: McDermott, KC, OT, Miami (FL) (B-)
Round 4 Pick 22 (K.C.): Brown, Andrew, DT, Virginia (A)
Round 5 Pick 4: Falk, Luke, QB, Washington State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Ateman, Marcell, WR, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 31: Bellamy, Davin, OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 6 Pick 22 (K.C.): Carlson, Daniel, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 7 Pick 8: Aruna, Ade, DE, Tulane (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Davis, Aaron, CB, Georgia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 32: Johnson, Taron, CB, Weber State (A+)

Your score is: 22879 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 13 (G.B.): Corbett, Austin, OG, Nevada (A-)
Round 2 Pick 31 (N.E.): Chubb, Nick, RB, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 32 (CLE): Goedert, Dallas, TE, South Dakota State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 5 (T.B.): Cobbs Jr, Simmie, WR, Indiana (A-)
Round 3 Pick 6 (S.F.): Carter, Lorenzo, OLB, Georgia (A-)
Round 3 Pick 12 (G.B.): Averett, Anthony, CB, Alabama (A)
Round 4 Pick 1 (CLE): Blanding, Quin, FS, Virginia (A)
Round 4 Pick 2 (NYG): Elliott, DeShon, SS, Texas (A+)
Round 4 Pick 20: Atkins, John, DT, Georgia (A)
Round 5 Pick 1 (CLE): Christian, Geron, OT, Louisville (A+)
Round 5 Pick 2 (NYG): Ateman, Marcell, WR, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 4: Falk, Luke, QB, Washington State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 6 (S.F.): Adeniyi, Olasunkanmi, DE/OLB, Toledo (A)
Round 5 Pick 9: Crabtree, Zachary, OT, Oklahoma State (A)
Round 5 Pick 10 (N.O.): Carlson, Daniel, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 5 Pick 27 (N.O.): Bawden, Nick, FB, San Diego State (A)
Round 5 Pick 31: Dickson, Michael, P, Texas (A+)
Round 7 Pick 8: Adams, Tony, OG, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Ballage, Kalen, RB, Arizona State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 32: Davis, Aaron, CB, Georgia (A+)

original poster

Reaction score
Your score is: 20746 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 15 (ARI): Edmunds, Tremaine, OLB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 1 Pick 17 (LAC): Brown, Orlando, OT, Oklahoma (A)
Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ): Wynn, Isaiah, OG, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 16 (LAC): Jones II, Ronald, RB, Southern California (A-)
Round 3 Pick 2 (NYG): Goedert, Dallas, TE, South Dakota State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 19 (BALT): Gallup, Michael, WR, Colorado State (A)
Round 4 Pick 18 (BALT): Atkins, John, DT, Georgia (A)
Round 4 Pick 20: Dawson, Duke, CB, Florida (A+)
Round 5 Pick 4: Bates III, Jessie, FS, Wake Forest (A+)
Round 7 Pick 8: Badgley, Michael, K, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Andrews, Nate, SS, Florida State (A+)

original poster

Reaction score
I've gone from hating how unrealistic FP is to being absolutely obsessed with it in 24 hours :shock: :roll:

original poster

Reaction score
I've tried to do a realistic one here -

I traded Earl Thomas to Indy for a 2nd and a 4th and also Michael Bennett and a 5th to Kansas City for a 3rd.

Also traded #18 twice, firstly with Carolina for #24 and a 2nd then again with with #24 to Pittsburgh for #28 and a second.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 28 (PITT): Wynn, Isaiah, OG, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 6 (T.B.): Harrison, Ronnie, SS, Alabama (A-)
Round 2 Pick 23 (CAR): Jones II, Ronald, RB, Southern California (A)
Round 2 Pick 28 (PITT): Ejiofor, Duke, DE, Wake Forest (A-)
Round 3 Pick 14 (K.C.): Hurst, Hayden, TE, South Carolina (A+)
Round 4 Pick 8 (T.B.): Gallup, Michael, WR, Colorado State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 4: Freeman, Royce, RB, Oregon (A)
Round 5 Pick 9: Griffin, Shaquem, OLB, Central Florida (A+)
Round 7 Pick 8: Badgley, Michael, K, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Campos, Jake, OT, Iowa State (A+)

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Your score is: 22635 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 11 (N.E.): Hernandez, Will, OG, Texas-El Paso (A+)
Round 2 Pick 19 (DET): Hurst, Maurice, DT, Michigan (A+)
Round 3 Pick 13 (CINN): Guice, Derrius, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 18 (DET): Carter, Lorenzo, OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 4 Pick 12 (CINN): Cain, Deon, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 4 Pick 20: Thomas, Ian, TE, Indiana (A+)
Round 5 Pick 4: Griffin, Shaquem, OLB, Central Florida (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Flowers, Dimitri, FB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 31: Scarbrough, Bo, RB, Alabama (A)
Round 7 Pick 8: Bozeman, Bradley, C, Alabama (A)
Round 7 Pick 30: Marshall, Trey, SS, Florida State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 32: Obasih, Chikwe, DE, Wisconsin (A+)