Fieldgull article on Geno Smith

sdog1981

Reaction score
Well, this was disproved in less than 4 hours.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Well looks as if I was wrong, wrong, wrong.

I am very curious as to the details of the deal.

GemCity

Reaction score
Big bang with zero chance of drafting a QB before the 4th round.

evergreen

Reaction score
Like Pete said draft D. Plus a center and guard.

hawks85

Reaction score
I've already said this, Geno doesn't have the power to walk up in there and start demanding whatever. Dude had ONE good season ONE. I'm expecting 4yr 100mil or something like that. Smith WILL NOT be making more than Carr.
Well, I was close. 3yr 105mil

Jville

Reaction score
This is such a Great Football Story. Never giving up. Staying true to the vision. Staying true to the goal. Maybe someday someone will make a movie about Geno's Story. So very very Seahawkie ..............

smithcarrollAP

https://www.theolympian.com/sports/article272828210.html#storylink=rss

TRUE GRIT

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is real great story about the benefits of determination and perseverance. I am happy for Geno his hard work has paid off for him. I agree Jville!

That said I hope there is enough cap leftover to at least get one or two quality FA additions even if the team is rarely a player in that game. I can see the team chopping some dead wood though to make this all fit together.

It is good to have the critical QB position sorted out so the team isn’t force to draft just any QB to fill the spot. In a real sense though with this rare opportunity to get a quality player to develop at QB For sure it’d be amazingly ggreat if they did and were able to add some quality depth on the D.

I truly don’t think just b/c Geno has re-signed that the team won’t take the opportunity to take a QB early in the draft if the right player is there when the team picks but now they don’t need to reach a or trade up for need.