Field Gulls - Twitter reacts to K9 and Seahawks

ivotuk

Reaction score

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Twitter reacts to Kenneth Walker III and the Seahawks’ sweep of the Cardinals

The Seahawks are now 6-3, while the Cardinals are 3-6.

By Stan Taylor Nov 6, 2022, 5:12pm PST

His tweet is half right

Part of the reason the Seahawks didnt fall apart after the trade of an "all time great" is because he isnt an all time great......

The team does deserve credit though, no argument there

JPatera76

Reaction score
His tweet is half right

Part of the reason the Seahawks didnt fall apart after the trade of an "all time great" is because he isnt an all time great......

RGKnee/Eddie Murphy Jr for whatever reason hasn't been able to just give Seattle the solid and solo team credit they deserve. He'll try and minimize with shit like hyping Russell up still. Ikd what his dislike is for Seattle but overall I've really come to not like him. I don't think he's got the east coast biased however it may sounds, but I think deep down he blames Seattle for screwing up his Knee rather than a coach rushing him back and playing on a shit field that hurt a few of our players as well.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RGKnee/Eddie Murphy Jr for whatever reason hasn't been able to just give Seattle the solid and solo team credit they deserve. He'll try and minimize with shit like hyping Russell up still. Ikd what his dislike is for Seattle but overall I've really come to not like him. I don't think he's got the east coast biased however it may sounds, but I think deep down he blames Seattle for screwing up his Knee rather than a coach rushing him back and playing on a shit field that hurt a few of our players as well.

Sometimes there is a mentality that exists where QB's stick up for each other.....or maybe even taking it a step further and African American QB's create a fraternity of sorts that creates some blind spots

That may play a role here too.

toffee

Reaction score
His tweet is half right

May be RG3 was being PC, or simply didn't want to take on team3.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
He called one of our games and gushed about the Seahawks. I have no problems with RG3.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Closer. That's my new name for Walker. That's what he does, he closes out games and rips the heart out of the defense with the game on the line.

JPatera76

Reaction score
He called one of our games and gushed about the Seahawks. I have no problems with RG3.
Well, if that's the case I take back some of what I said but not all... However, I'll admit a lot of times Ill mute my TV and listen to the radio broadcast. Announcers typically piss me off more than the officials. Unless its Sanchez, he's really enjoyable. Yesterdays just sucked.

I may have to go back and watch the game he announced. I know for the Broncos one pregame he was all Russell hype while lobbying for a QB needy team to get him.. and if its the Bronco's game. I would say he was kissing Seattle's ass for a QB spot, outside of that he leaned to the Broncos a lot pre game.

toffee

Reaction score
Time to get another RB, we need depth, also time to use Homer to share the load to spare K9, especially in first and second quarters. Too bad that we don't have overwhelming depth at DL, otherwise, we can have fun with Poona as full back to truly pound the opposing DL, lol.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
His tweet is half right

In my opinion, his numbers and win totals say otherwise. If he's a HOF-caliber QB, isn't he an all-time great? I'm glad he's not here and hated how he orchestrated his departure, but I'm awful glad of what he did for this team on the field when he WAS here. In my mind, he's an all-time great.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
In my opinion, his numbers and win totals say otherwise. If he's a HOF-caliber QB, isn't he an all-time great? I'm glad he's not here and hated how he orchestrated his departure, but I'm awful glad of what he did for this team on the field when he WAS here. In my mind, he's an all-time great.

I think the evidence at hand now contradicts the narrative that he was an all time great, especially when you consider his supporting cast at the time.

I think he played some great football and I appreciate what he did as well, but the Seahawks success without him coupled with his terrible play in Denver confirms what many suspected about him even in his prime

He was good, but not great. And certainly not an all time great

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The Closer. That's my new name for Walker. That's what he does, he closes out games and rips the heart out of the defense with the game on the line.
Well, I certainly like that. Of course the world is officially using the K9 handle... but I like the closer.

"The Closer" - just reminds me of Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross. "Coffee is for closers!"

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Well, I like the first half of his career.... so that's 'something' ;)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

I told my girl in the first half, "Just watch. Walker may or may not have a massive run but he WILL wear down the defense in the second half."

renofox

Reaction score
I read that and thought that he was heaping high praise on the coaching staff and the organizational culture PC has created. 🤔

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if seahawks had somehow drafted rg3, instead of rw3, he would have had a great career and might be even still playing.

rg3 was in the same draft class as rw3. rg3 had great athleticism and pete would have maximized/protected him in the same way he maximized/protected rw3. kyle shanahan ruined him, and has ruined other qbs, look at trey lance and how he used him as a running back this season before he got put on IR. also not playing on terrible redskins/commander's field was most likely part of his robert griffen's demise.

...so swap rg3 and rw3, it might have been rw3 that got injured and washed out of the league.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if seahawks had somehow drafted rg3, instead of rw3, he would have had a great career and might be even still playing.

rg3 was in the same draft class as rw3. rg3 had great athleticism and pete would have maximized/protected him in the same way he maximized/protected rw3. kyle shanahan ruined him, and has ruined other qbs, look at trey lance and how he used him as a running back this season before he got put on IR. also not playing on terrible redskins/commander's field was most likely part of his robert griffen's demise.

...so swap rg3 and rw3, it might have been rw3 that got injured and washed out of the league.
With you, but wasn't RG3's coach in Washington Mike Shanahan?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
He won't get into the hall of fame with his current numbers