Feel that 'ol bandwagon tide coming in? lol

Throwdown

Reaction score
IMO the best part of bandwagon fans is when the team loses ONE game, and you see them go into meltdown mode. Lord, I love that stuff, makes me smile.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":7acjn0x4 said:
IMO the best part of bandwagon fans is when the team loses ONE game, and you see them go into meltdown mode. Lord, I love that stuff, makes me smile.

lol. Winning the Super Bowl one week, and taking the number one pick in the draft the next. That stuff is epic.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
I like it and hate it. The noise it creates when this kind of exposure brings the bandwagoners out which sucks kinda, but it also brings Seahawks football to the eyes of future little Seahawk fans. Living up here in the PNW, we already have to deal with stupid whiner and faider fans who claim they were fans "before Seattle had a team" and they probably already polluted this area with their demon seed (and fandom). Bring it on I say, if nothing else it creates a buzz and that alone to me is fun!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":1rum9roa said:
I like it and hate it. The noise it creates when this kind of exposure brings the bandwagoners out which sucks kinda, but it also brings Seahawks football to the eyes of future little Seahawk fans. Living up here in the PNW, we already have to deal with stupid whiner and faider fans who claim they were fans "before Seattle had a team" and they probably already polluted this area with their demon seed (and fandom). Bring it on I say, if nothing else it creates a buzz and that alone to me is fun!

I only hate it.

Nothing good comes from distracting extraneous media attention and expectations.........especially for a young team like the Hawks.

It's going to be a challenge for Pete to keep this team grounded and focused in 2013. I much prefer the underdog role to the front runner role.

drdiags

Reaction score
Welcome to all.

Who knows what the ride will bring? A lot of pain, joy and pride over the years. Just waiting to see if I can get a taste of what it feels like seeing the guys raising the Lombardi. Just buried my brother-in-law, a lifelong Bills fan, who went early due to the big "C".

4 chances missed with the aim of a kicker denying him that feeling. I hope as many as possible are able to witness this. No guarantees. Don't forget to hoist one for the brudas that aren't there.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
bmorepunk":vp1y0sjn said:
If you're older than 30 a good test of whether or not you were a bandwagon fan is if you were still with the team when John Elway consistently destroyed it. I still have nightmares about Horse Face and that stupid smile.

I guess this team can have bandwagon fans if you look at how successful they have been over the last decade. Before that...ugh.

Yeah,, the Horse face and those huge teeth. Wyman or someone like Terry Wooden chasing him out of bounds and right before he goes out, he wings the ball 50 yards downfield to a wide open Vance Johnson for the late score.

Now mind you, sometimes Stormin Norm would nail a game winner on the following drive, but sometimes he didn't..

DOH! Damn I used to truly hate that Elway.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2kcrm5u1 said:
Ok, i guess I'll be a Seahawks fan too. Is there room for me on the bandwagon?

sorry... its looks like its kinda full right now

bandwagon.jpg

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Was a casual Seahawk fan for maybe a year or two until I moved back to Seattle in Jun 2012. Promised myself upon moving back I would buy season tickets, I did, and got treated to an undefeated home game record (including preseason games). I already renewed my season tix for next year. Am I band wagon fan?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
gspin2k1":3jvexul6 said:
Was a casual Seahawk fan for maybe a year or two until I moved back to Seattle in Jun 2012. Promised myself upon moving back I would buy season tickets, I did, and got treated to an undefeated home game record (including preseason games). I already renewed my season tix for next year. Am I band wagon fan?

Yes

AshamanMat

Reaction score
ivotuk":3g71gxg0 said:
Man, I remember stumbling across this site, summer of 2004 I think it was. It was my first attempt at finding a Seahawk forum and I found a bunch but after reading through all of them, I knew which one I liked, problem was, I forgot the name of it and didn't save the link. So I had to do some digging an I remember being a little bit anxious that I wasn't going to find it again. Once I did though, I was stuck here, like a Remora, stuck to the bottom of a Stingray, helplessly, and happily following along where ever it took me.

To those that are new, welcome aboard, we look forward to your input and ideas. :th2thumbs:

I know what you mean, I remember stumbling across this site, well before it became .net that is, back in 2001 when I was living in Hong Kong. I searched high and low for a fan forum.

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but the site back in the day split, with Aros taking over this site.

With him as well as a few old timers this has become the best place for Hawks fans to gather on the net

The Radish

Reaction score
All this whining about band wagon fans. You have no idea until later.

Get on the ground floor with those of us that approve new members.

Now that's sometimes weird.

:141847_bnono:

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
Throwdown":2uouuea1 said:

I think you hit the nail on the head. I've been paying close attention (watching every game, knowing as many stats as possible) to the hawks since 2000 (I considered myself a fan before that but that's when I started playing h.s. football and knew what the hell was going on, lol) and I used to think we were going to win the Superbowl if we won a game or I'd think that we were eternally doomed if we lost. It was like I had a case of seahawk bipolarism - but I was really just naive (more GREEN than blue, haha).. I think it's a natural progression - you get to the point where you've seen enough scenerios play out - for better or worse - that you start understanding that you can't gauge a team and where they stand in the grand scheme of things in any given week.. That being said, I still get that over-excited "we're the best team to lace 'em up" feeling after a win but now I'm smart enough (maybe experienced enough is a better way of putting it, lol) to keep it in perspective.

As my old coach used to say, "Focus on the task at hand, forget old results, and move on to what's next."

Then again this is my 3rd post so I'm not sure if I qualify for such bold proclamations about what a real fan is! :)

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Some of you seem unclear what a bandwagon, or "fair weather" fan is. It's simply someone that only cheers and pays attention to the team when they're winning. In the sucky seasons they go AWOL, while die-hards suffer along with our team through every soul-crushing defeat. Some die-hards feel they've earned the glory of a winning season as a result of all their suffering, and feel the bandwagon fans don't deserve it because they didn't earn it. I'm not one of them. I say the more the merrier! Climb aboard and make some noise, there's plenty of room! And I freely admit that I am a fair-weather Mariners fan. When they're kickin' ass, I'm all in. When they suck, like they have the last decade-plus, I don't watch any of their games, ever. But if this upcoming season turns out like some are saying it will, I'll dust off my old Edgar Martinez authentic jersey and hop on. But they'll still suck... again...

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
I've always been under the impression that a bandwagon fan is someone who changes allegiances to teams from week to week and season to season. A fair weather fan is someone who doesn't necessarily change which team they root for but they only care about a team with passing interest (say they're in the playoffs or made a big comeback and it's on sportscenter or something) and there's nothing wrong with that at all. Some die-hards can become hostile towards those they perceive has being an inferior fan because they feel they've invested more time, energy, and emotion than the other guy.. "How dare they try and take part in this glorious moment when they haven't endured the tragic defeats?!" I think right there is where people can chill out.. If you're a die hard then you KNOW how ecstatic you feel when things are going good so why would you even care what the other guy feels? You know it's not as sweet for them as it is for you! So I say sign up / hop on the wagon and get while the gettin is good because every extra seahawk fan is one less potential 9'er fan, and say it with me - GO HAWKS!!!

The Radish

Reaction score
seaNOmercy":23uv2rbu said:
I've always been under the impression that a bandwagon fan is someone who changes allegiances to teams from week to week and season to season. A fair weather fan is someone who doesn't necessarily change which team they root for but they only care about a team with passing interest (say they're in the playoffs or made a big comeback and it's on sportscenter or something) and there's nothing wrong with that at all. Some die-hards can become hostile towards those they perceive has being an inferior fan because they feel they've invested more time, energy, and emotion than the other guy.. "How dare they try and take part in this glorious moment when they haven't endured the tragic defeats?!" I think right there is where people can chill out.. If you're a die hard then you KNOW how ecstatic you feel when things are going good so why would you even care what the other guy feels? You know it's not as sweet for them as it is for you! So I say sign up / hop on the wagon and get while the gettin is good because every extra seahawk fan is one less potential 9'er fan, and say it with me - GO HAWKS!!!

You're basically describing the same kind of fan with 2 different words.

But as Bill says, the original band wagon fan is one who really owes no allegience to any team. Kind of like ninnir fans. There have been thousands of them wouldn't be caught dead being a fan until the last 2 years when they are winning again.

Seahawks have lots of those. People that would never have come here or mentioned the Seahawks. Now they are showing up in droves pretending they are knowledgable football fans when in reality they are goggle exspurts.

But it takes all kinds of fans to support a team through various times. You just need to expect it and take them with a grain of salt. After all they are here until the next losing season when its "oh the same old Seahawks" and they go of the map again.

:les:

chris98251

Reaction score
Besides Radish needs the exercise kicking them out of here occationally to get his heart rate up and polish his boots.