Feel good picture and tweet from Peter King

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1cn5ju1q said:
IMO Holmy should be elected to the HOF and should be inducted into the Hawks' ROH.

He will, no doubt (not sure about the ROH).

13th most wins all time, three SB's and helped turn around two franchises........and is known as one of the greatest QB coaches ever.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Love Mike Holmgren and what he did for this franchise. He brought back respect to the team and is a Class Act.

I am so glad that he gets to be around and experience the success of something that he helped get back on the fast track.

halfrack

Reaction score
kamikazehawk":24hmxd3g said:
Hey maybe if Bevell takes a HC job somewhere Holmy can come back and OC for Pete ;)

I doubt Pete would see the reasoning of going 99% run plays early in the 4th quarter, up by 12 to run out the clock. I absolutely love Holmey, but he wouldn't or couldn't go for the throat. No killer instinct.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Yeah, I intentionally blacked out the Mora era from my memory. It never happened.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3u1yhctc said:
Largent80":3u1yhctc said:
I loved everything about Holmy except one thing.

The 3rd and 20 draw to Mack Strong.

LOL, every single time. Any time we got into 3rd and long under Holmy, I always used the opportunity to go and use the toilet or make a sandwich or something, because i knew what the play was going to be and I knew that it would fail.

As much as we love Hasselbeck, he was a very limited QB, especially when it came to calling plays outside his comfort zone of 10-15 yards.

RW you can call 20 different plays that could potentially get you a 3rd and long conversion without risking a turnover. Hasselbeck? Err, not so much. So hard to blame the Big Show for going conservative.

Largent80

Reaction score
Yup, it was usually Hass that put us in those 3 & longs to begin with. But I always thought we played those way to close to the vest. Like playing not to lose, usually we were already behind though.

Those were some great and fun years though and the Walrus is the person we should be thankful to.

NINEster

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3m6fs2ne said:
I'm sure Holmy's doing just fine. Had two fantastic runs with two separate franchises. Had a hand in developing some of the greatest QBs of all time and a couple great HCs (Gruden and Reid). Still beloved in Seattle, and I'm sure most folks remember him fondly in Green Bay as well (doesn't he still have a street named after him over there?). The man had a fantastic football career. Fantastic on the radio, too.

Also wasn't too shabby as QB coach and offensive coordinator for those Montana/Young era Niner teams.

I can't hear Holmgren and not think of his time with SF. Same with Ken Norton, Jr.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
oh yeah fat jokes. how surprising. guy's approaching 70, so what he's having a good time. enjoy your nuts and greens. LET MIKE LIVE!!!!

rjdriver

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1op46bo4 said:
Largent80":1op46bo4 said:
I loved everything about Holmy except one thing.

The 3rd and 20 draw to Mack Strong.
Lol. But it always got us like 8 yards!

Wasn't a bad call in the Redskins playoff game. Lol

Latest posts