"Fearing" 49er fans, Blocking ticket sales?

lukerguy

Reaction score
To me this seems like a non-story. Even Seahawks fans can't get tickets. They probably release less than 500 tickets.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
IowaSeahawk":3bgxjwh7 said:
Can't believe this non story is getting this much hype. The Broncos are doing the EXACT SAME THING. Limiting it to Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Montana, South Dakota or Western Kansas. That's according to bigfootball. Great reporting CSN Bay Area and ESPN. Gimme a break!

Is this true?

Throwdown

Reaction score
I have no problem with it honestly, shouldn't be no ugly ass red and gold in our beautiful stadium.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
BocciHawk":1i443cm7 said:
Personally, I love it.

Niners, if you want to have tickets to the NFC Championship, how about starting by winning the West?
This x1000

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3bdee9he said:
IowaSeahawk":3bdee9he said:
Can't believe this non story is getting this much hype. The Broncos are doing the EXACT SAME THING. Limiting it to Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Montana, South Dakota or Western Kansas. That's according to bigfootball. Great reporting CSN Bay Area and ESPN. Gimme a break!

Is this true?

Yep.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/37306 ... ale-Monday

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2vezrlsl said:
-The Glove-":2vezrlsl said:
IowaSeahawk":2vezrlsl said:

Is this true?

Yep.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/37306 ... ale-Monday

Just found this

u8e2ureg.jpg

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Clearly the Broncos don't want 49er fans at their game either.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Throwdown":a8sy9cm9 said:
I have no problem with it honestly, shouldn't be no ugly ass red and gold in our beautiful stadium.

Hell yes. Those stands should be filled with blue and green and only blue and green. I don't mind either.

RussellMania

Reaction score
I agree, don't know why this is even a story. If the 49ers were blocking people from Washington it really wouldn't be a big deal to me. It's called a home game for a reason. I'm also pretty sure they stop people from outside their territory from buying season tickets so that you don't have people around the country just buying them as investments to sell on them on StubHub. It's probably not even local team rules but NFL rules.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Haven't seen or heard any Patriot's fans bitching about this policy yet. Only Whiners making a huge deal out of this. Arizona did this is 2009. Where was this outrage then?

HawkMeat

Reaction score
RussellMania":kmhge9hm said:
I agree, don't know why this is even a story. If the 49ers were blocking people from Washington it really wouldn't be a big deal to me. It's called a home game for a reason. I'm also pretty sure they stop people from outside their territory from buying season tickets so that you don't have people around the country just buying them as investments to sell on them on StubHub. It's probably not even local team rules but NFL rules.
You are right. It is not a story. It is to provide 49er fans something to whine about and an excuse to add to their list.

The thing is this happens all the time. It helps minimize ticket scalpers who are only going to resell the tickets. There is stub hub and honestly unless you already paid for the tickets as a season holder you have to go that route anyway. Local Hawk fans will have to do the same thing to get tickets.

When I go the game all I want to see are Hawk fans, and curse anyone who sells their tickets to a 49ers fan.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
My college at K-State had to start doing this for the NU game. NU was given its required allotment, but if you wanted to purchase outside that allotment, you needed a Kansas zip code (of course, there are a lot of Huskers fans in Kansas). All teams do this.

This is a classic example of non-news that we call "fark" in this internet age. It's when news media take something common and try to sensationalize it. A geologist can notice a shift in the tectonic plates beneath the USA of one inch inland-ward, report it, and a news outlet will scream "LAND MASS OF UNITED STATES ACTUALLY GETTING SMALLER!!!!!" During that whole debacle during the 2000 election and whether or not Bush won Florida, there was news of a Florida retirement community that was about 60% Jewish where the majority of them did not make it to the polls. One media outlet ran a story about "HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS IN FLORIDA MAY HAVE NOT BEEN ALLOWED TO VOTE!!!!!!!"

Fark, my friends.

In Baltimore, if you want tickets to the home game against the Steelers, you are required to purchase tickets to two more home games; otherwise, the Stealers fans would gobble up the tickets. Something similar is done in Philly with New York and DC home games (and I'm sure the Vagiants and the Foreskins do the same thing).

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
minormillikin":2e7baao7 said:
As many niner fans as always will show up (like 5%-10% of the crowd, sounds about normal) .

This gesture, in no way whatsoever, keeps California residents from buying tickets secondhand. Almost all, virtually 100%, of opposing fans will buy their tickets from a third-party distributor (stubhub, etc) and there's nothing the Seahawks organization can do about it.

Sure there is, they can deny entry into the stadium to anyone in visiting team colors. :twisted:

drdiags

Reaction score
The ticket issue just helps talking heads and butt-hurt fans hype the flames. To cut down the homicide rates, it probably isn't a bad idea to exclude visiting fans. Though I am sure our traveling fans wouldn't buy that line of thinking.

Teams should be able to sell 100% of their seats to team fans but for some TBD reason the NFL likes having a small block set aside for visiting fans and misc folks.

Would a more restrictive ticketing policy really change the appeal of the NFL? I wonder.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
drdiags":t71ggve7 said:
The ticket issue just helps talking heads and butt-hurt fans hype the flames. To cut down the homicide rates, it probably isn't a bad idea to exclude visiting fans. Though I am sure our traveling fans wouldn't buy that line of thinking.

Teams should be able to sell 100% of their seats to team fans but for some TBD reason the NFL likes having a small block set aside for visiting fans and misc folks.

Would a more restrictive ticketing policy really change the appeal of the NFL? I wonder.

That small block you describe is typically reserved to fulfill player and team employee requests. On the rare occasion that they aren't all used the tickets are then released back into the general pool.

Personally, I would love to see the NFL institute some sort of visitors section/allotment similar to what college football does, but I'm guessing that probably wouldn't fly with many fans.

Latest posts