Falcons @ Rams

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":24xc8wh3 said:
Looks up, yep still Blue and Green and not Red and Gold, thought I was lost for a minute.

Chris. What is your personal idea of next year NFCW?

Niners have a good QB. We can all pretend, but that boy is good. Hate them to the depth of my soul - but I'm being very realistic.

Rams. Tons of talent. Freaked out in a playoff game. Youth, they will learn.

AZ. Rebuild.

Hawks? You tell me.

original poster

Reaction score
RedAlice":2sfatagr said:
chris98251":2sfatagr said:
Looks up, yep still Blue and Green and not Red and Gold, thought I was lost for a minute.

Niners have a good QB. We can all pretend, but that boy is good. Hate them to the depth of my soul - but I'm being very realistic.

AZ. Rebuild.

Hawks? You tell me.

For me, battling with the Rams for the NFCW division.

The 49ers will be close, but not quite there in 2018.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":2rre8neu said:
chris98251":2rre8neu said:

AZ. Rebuild.

Hawks? You tell me.

I pit it in my reply up above the mud slinging but here it is again.

Your team now has a chip on it's shoulder which depending on mental make up could be a aide next season as well. It will be a lot tougher getting there however, 49ers rising and should start out much better, the Seahawks have a retooling project on their hands, it will be a challenge and many here are bitter about what we witnessed all season along with some of our injuries. But we're just some good strategic moves away from bouncing back, our defense showed they can still hang with the best even with the many replacements.

Arizona is the team that on paper without a earth shattering move for coach and a starting QB the ones really more outside looking in right now.

If you can get back next year and not have a let down from this loss your team will be much more dangerous, your just beginning, think of it as not one and done, but one and the future is bright.

Fade

Reaction score
RedAlice":32s51d07 said:
Talk about smug.

Your team is shit this year.

My team, baby coach.

Pete was not a child when you got him. He had experience.

As much as I want to keep liking Hawks, posters like you will kill that.

Welcome to the new NFCW, where your team does not exist.
Fimages2Ff5e775112467a87a6e7968e3e8f4327a2Ftenor
The saltiest post I have ever read on .NET

and I can't stop laughing.
2Fmediagiphycom2Fmedia2F1PgPvWLfXGkCY2Fgiphy

Never stop posting here Alice, .NET still loves you.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One and done, exactly as I have been saying all year. Rams are a farce. People acting like they were going to the SuperbOwl. Hilarious. Hype doesn't win games.

adeltaY

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":17l7nok2 said:
One and done, exactly as I have been saying all year. Rams are a farce. People acting like they were going to the SuperbOwl. Hilarious. Hype doesn't win games.

Twas a good call by you soulfish.

Chapow

Reaction score
RedAlice":5goq2d8z said:
ApnaHawk":5goq2d8z said:
Hawks have won 10 games 5 out of 6 years... won the division 7 times... should have another 10 win season if it wasn't for our garbage kicker.

Lambs won it once, congrats. Too bad you were one and done. Nothing is gaurenteed next year and if you suddenly think mcvay is the second coming on Bellicheck, don't be shocked if the exact opposite happens in a few years.

But don't come on our board and try to diss our fans and our team and expect us to not say things back. If you don't like the hawks, I doubt anyone cares. I don't like the Rams and never will, which I'm sure is true for a lot of people on our board.

Also, we have PAUL ALLEN. We will ALWAYS win. We did it before Pete and will do it after Pete as long as PA is here. So don't get your hopes up too high.

And before my emotions calm down. Did you tell ME not to come on this board that was my home in 2012, when you just joined in 2015?

You can go hug a puppy.

No. That isn't at all what he said. Please read the entire sentence instead of stopping after the first six words.

That's some BS crap to pull. I thought you were better than that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Even though I picked the Rams in my pick em. Like an idiot, forgot to change it before the game. Oh well... :lol:
Just am not surprised the Falcons won. They smacked in the mouth, ate up the clock for 37 plus minutes. There's just something to be said for playoff experience.

adeltaY

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":26ib84ae said:
Even though I picked the Rams in my pick em. Like an idiot, forgot to change it before the game. Oh well... :lol:
Just am not surprised the Falcons won. They smacked in the mouth, ate up the clock for 37 plus minutes. There's just something to be said for playoff experience.

Makes me think that if we could have just got in, we could've made some noise. I guess part of that was seeing how bad the AFC playoff teams were. It would've been tough for us in the NFC.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point. It's not like Atlanta was lighting it up this year, especially the 2nd half of the season. But playoffs are a whole different animal. I'll take an experienced team every time.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
adeltaY":1ke1y4jy said:
SoulfishHawk":1ke1y4jy said:

Makes me think that if we could have just got in, we could've made some noise. I guess part of that was seeing how bad the AFC playoff teams were. It would've been tough for us in the NFC.

I bleed Seahawk blue but being realistic there was no way the Seahawks would have made any noise.
Here are my reasons -
First of all, no running game. Falcons have a solid running game.
Too many injuries on defense, Falcons were extremely healthy.
Atlanta plays disciplined football. They don't commit the backbreaking penalties the Seahawks do.
Seahawks have poor kicker. Falcons kicker is Matt Bryant and at 42 years old can boot longer FGs, is more consistent and accurate than Blair Walsh.

This was a season not to be for the Seahawks.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
RedAlice -

Just because I joined in "2015" doesn't mean I haven't been lurking on these boards since the scout days and when insider information used to cost money on here, back when Doug Farrar used to post on these boards. I don't post frequently because there isn't much to gain since people always seem to get their panties in a bunch.

So "go hug a puppy" yourself.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
CodeWarrior":2eb6wj5j said:
You sound silly. I know it must suck as a Rams fan to get your shit pushed in during your first playoff appearance in an eternity, but no need for sour grapes. Head to the Rams forum for that.

Right. Don't go to someone else's 80+ year old Leschi home and start talking down to them about their choice of tile in the mud room or how the copper supply lines are soooo "1950", just because you're feeling your Cheerios about your shiny, shitty built McMansion (that you will end up upside down in) in some new, poorly developed 'neighborhood' in gottdamn South East KENT.
FOH, with all due respect.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
chris98251":2pzi59hl said:
Congratulations RedAlice, where I am sure your disappointed you have a lot to look forward to, you won the preliminary round in the regular season, not a easy task, but it was just the first step, being a long time fan I am sure you know once in the playoffs it's a step up in the game and the Rams just got a taste of that, I think I read where you only have 6 guys on your team that seen the playoffs.

Most teams are not ready given your coaches inexperience and teams for that elevation in intensity and play. Your team now has a chip on it's shoulder which depending on mental make up could be a aide next season as well. It will be a lot tougher getting there however, 49ers rising and should start out much better, the Seahawks have a retooling project on their hands, it will be a challenge and many here are bitter about what we witnessed all season along with some of our injuries. But were just some good strategic moves away from bouncing back, our defense showed they can still hang with the best even with the many replacements.

Arizona is the team that on paper without a earth shattering move for coach and a starting QB the ones really more outside looking in right now.

If you can get back next year and not have a let down from this loss your team will be much more dangerous, your just beginning, think of it as not one and done, but one and the future is bright.

I know you addressed this to RedAlice, but as a Rams fan, thank you.

I was crushed Saturday night - no other way to put it. Which is funny - I knew we weren't ready for a super bowl run yet. I didn't expect to beat Minnesota the following week. But I expected to beat the Falcons.

Playoff experience mattered for the Rams more than I thought.

At the end of the day, I was happy with Goff's performance. Numbers didn't look too great, and he has to get better under pressure, but he had two TD passes dropped that would have made the game more interesting down the stretch.

The Rams actually outplayed the Falcons in this game - more yards, more yards per play, despite the time of possession. The Falcons got 10 point off of 40 yards because of two fumbles - take those away and the Rams probably win the game IMO.

Either way though, I'm hoping this game gave us the experience we need to come out next year and go deep in the playoffs.

Should be fun to see the NFC West next year. Seahawks and Rams will both be trendy super bowl picks; the Niners will be an out there pick to win the division by some.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ramfan128":305lrrzf said:
At the end of the day, I was happy with Goff's performance. Numbers didn't look too great, and he has to get better under pressure, but he had two TD passes dropped that would have made the game more interesting down the stretch.

Goff reminds me of Alex Smith, not in their style but in their makeup.............and IMO that's not a good thing.

I'm just not sure Goff will ever be to the level where you're confident in him to win games late, especially in the playoffs. He's fine with a great defense and Gurley running wild, but like Smith when you NEED him to carry the team or get you down the field late? Not going to come through 9 out of 10 times.

And that's what you need in the playoffs.

Mindsink

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2f6n9lz1 said:
Ramfan128":2f6n9lz1 said:

Goff reminds me of Alex Smith, not in their style but in their makeup.............and IMO that's not a good thing.

I'm just not sure Goff will ever be to the level where you're confident in him to win games late, especially in the playoffs. He's fine with a great defense and Gurley running wild, but like Smith when you NEED him to carry the team or get you down the field late? Not going to come through 9 out of 10 times.

I was thinking the same thing too. We Seahawks fans are blessed to have a QB where you could trust him to carry the team late in games, and we saw it since his rookie year.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2u5058zf said:
Ramfan128":2u5058zf said:

It's only his 2nd year, and really, his 1st since last year he had Fisher..

He will be fine. 4th highest passer rating in NFL history for a QB in his 2nd season. A lot of that was the system, but I think he can develop and get better and get to that point.

And in this playoff game, he marched the Rams right down the field down 13 and threw a TD pass, twice, that were both dropped. He played well enough to win this game. Special team turnovers are what cost us.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Ramfan128":33fy9z83 said:
Should be fun to see the NFC West next year. Seahawks and Rams will both be trendy super bowl picks; the Niners will be an out there pick to win the division by some.

No one's picking the Hawks for the SB next season and they shouldn't. The Rams will be a trendy pick and I don't see why they shouldn't be.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ramfan128":33jgpl5n said:
Sgt. Largent":33jgpl5n said:
Ramfan128":33jgpl5n said:

It's only his 2nd year, and really, his 1st since last year he had Fisher..

He will be fine. 4th highest passer rating in NFL history for a QB in his 2nd season. A lot of that was the system, but I think he can develop and get better and get to that point.

And in this playoff game, he marched the Rams right down the field down 13 and threw a TD pass, twice, that were both dropped. He played well enough to win this game. Special team turnovers are what cost us.

Smith is always at the top of the QB ratings as well, that's my point.

Goff is fine, but is he or even will he be clutch when it matters? So far I don't see that "it" factor that IMO is necessary to consistently win in the playoffs.

Playoff teams do what the Falcons did to the Rams, took away Gurley and made Goff beat them, and he couldn't do it. That's why the Ram's offense looked so flat.

You are right, just year #2, so we'll see. But so far I don't see a QB that'll ever scare anyone in the playoffs without a significant talent advantage around him.