Excitment building

LTH

Reaction score
I made it till the first preseason game with out buying into the hype. But after that first preseason game, I saw something special. I felt something special from the young guys. That's always where it starts when they have a great team.

I know... I know everybody says the Hawks are a couple of years out or at least that is the safe thing to say because if your wrong then you don't look like a over zealous fan that bought into the hype..

They say that we don't have a decent D line. I beg to differ... I think this line is going to be better than people think... I mean EVERYBODY says there is a gapping hole at Nose tackle...there is no depth as well. Same with inside linebacker depth... I just don't agree with that assessment. Could the depth be better? Sure it could but is it good enough, I think it is. There is always the chance of adding players after the cuts and maybe they will do that but let me ask the question, if they felt they needed more depth why didn't they sign AL Woods or Shelby Harris? They had the money to do that after they restructured Diggs and Nuosu.. I just think they have what they want for now.

I think it's going to take a few games for this D to be playing there best football but there is a hunger on this D and it's coming from the young guys and that's exactly what we want to see! These guys feed off each other like I have not seen in a long time. I think they have a really good chance if they stay healthy to be an extraordinary defense. I don't care what the experts say I feel it in my bones. Carroll is working some magic.. he is molding this team ... reinventing greatness in his uniquely creative way that distinguishes him, his culture and his philosophy from the rest of the NFL and I just think this year is going to make that very apparent. I'm really getting excited!

Thoughts?

LTH

morgulon1

Reaction score
I think Geno Smith and that offense is going to be better than last year. They were pretty good last season, Smith is only going to be gooder.

That defense can only be better.
I agree, I think the defense is going to be more effective. They basically replaced the interior line . Mafe should take a step forward, Mike Morris looks like a dude that's going to be pretty good. And the backs have more talent than they have spots. I wouldn't be surprised if it took them a few weeks to gel but the do have #54 . Mr Bobby F Wagner .

Yeah I'm excited.