ESPN REPORTS: Patriots HUGE cheaters and Goodell covered

rideaducati

Reaction score
I bet the pats won't lead the league in plays/fumble this year which will just add to the circumstantial evidence against them in deflategate. I hope the next NFL Commissioner is a close friend of Paul Allen...I'm thinking Lieweke will suffice.

kf3339

Reaction score
If the other owners really wanted to make a point of this issue they would have taken away all of their Super Bowl championships, and forced Kraft to sell the team. The fact this hasn't happened only proves that money is the only think they really care about by owning the league.

gargantual

Reaction score
rideaducati":3c9n67ey said:
I bet the pats won't lead the league in plays/fumble this year which will just add to the circumstantial evidence against them in deflategate. I hope the next NFL Commissioner is a close friend of Paul Allen...I'm thinking Lieweke will suffice.
I agree with everything here.

Not sure all the owners would be alright with that much genuine integrity though (Lieweke). Mr. Allen and various others excluded of course.

A more popular choice would be a puppet more impartial to all teams equally.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":17v18l6t said:
This could have some really deep repercussions. Even for us. How do we know Butler didn't know what was coming at the end of XLIX? The Patriots were still cheating then. Had to be. More broadly: they were garbage at the beginning of the year and magically pulled it around for no real reason? We at least jettisoned Harvin. And the Patriots just happened to come back from 2 14 point deficits against Baltimore? Yeah, strange things happen but it is impossible to discount any of those things given the systemic cheating. At the very least, it becomes impossible to trust any defense the Patriots mount even if it wasn't caused by actual cheating.

And not to tear at healed scars, but let's go conspiracy theory: isn't it possible that the officiating in XL* was a make up to Pittsburgh for the AFC Championship game when the Patriots got away with cheating? I know that's tin foil given the timing of the tape release but how deep does this actually go? What did Tagliabue know? This is going to continue to unfold into new areas no matter what.
To tell you the truth, it wouldn't surprise me if what you posted were true. I have never trusted Rog or Taglibooboo.

253hawk

Reaction score
kf3339":1gshp09i said:
If the other owners really wanted to make a point of this issue they would have taken away all of their Super Bowl championships, and forced Kraft to sell the team. The fact this hasn't happened only proves that money is the only think they really care about by owning the league.

What Donald Sterling did was really nothing in comparison, and look what happened to him. Then again, David Silver actually does his job like a commissioner should.

Doing anything to Kraft or the New England Asterisks would undoubtedly cause some heavy profit loss due to the massive crash of that delusional bandwagon suddenly refusing to watch/attend games or purchase anything NFL-related.

gargantual

Reaction score
I don't feel like it any sort of conspiracy thinking to believe that things are being covered up (have been and always will). Like any other corporate advocate....laywer, CEO, comissioner or whatever, that's his job to play damage control. That's how he was able to get so many owners & coaches to go along with it (Mike Martz, etc). Spinning it as protecting the shield. But no owner (obviously other than Kraft) signed on to it covering up things for just one team to the detriment of all the others.

No wonder they're all so peeved. And everyone outside of NE as well. I'm surprised there haven't been way more players speaking out against it. Maybe now the floodgates are starting to open.

Rex

Reaction score
Cartire":2z9agiyn said:
And to top it off, the whole OVERREACTION to deflategate was to make up for covering up spygate to the other owners.

There is no covering up for SpyGate............The NFL was complicit with the Patriots in stealing SB36 from my Rams. Set that right first. The evidence was there long before Spygate.

chris98251

Reaction score
Where's that Pats fan when you want to have a good laugh???????????????????????????????????

253hawk

Reaction score
I've hated them ever since the Raiders were jobbed by the tuck rule. They recovered the fumble and could have just run out the clock, the game was over. If not for that one horrible call, they likely don't have a single SB trophy and no legacy to speak of and I don't have to hear T*M BR*DY every 10 seconds on ESPN.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Even if cheating only gives you a very slight edge, it can be enough to tip a game. The Pats** won their last three Super Bowls by a total of 9 points. That's close when you're on a neutral field and don't have as much control. BUT...their record against the spread at home, not just W-L but the spread, is so ridiculous that it defies statistical norms. As is their record for incomplete passes and fumbles in bad weather games, especially at home.

Goodell should be fired, Belicheat should be banned for life a la Pete Rose, and neither him or Br*dy should get into the Hall of Fame unless they buy a ticket.

Sarlacc83":snfm2719 said:
And not to tear at healed scars, but let's go conspiracy theory: isn't it possible that the officiating in XL* was a make up to Pittsburgh for the AFC Championship game when the Patriots got away with cheating? I know that's tin foil given the timing of the tape release but how deep does this actually go? What did Tagliabue know? This is going to continue to unfold into new areas no matter what.

Of course I will respectfully disagree, but I can understand how you would feel that way. :D

chris98251":snfm2719 said:
Where's that Pats fan when you want to have a good laugh???????????????????????????????????

Down in his mom's basement trying to come up with an excuse.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
rainger":328ib97s said:
I think all of this coupled with last SB has moved the Pats ahead of the Stealers in my Hate list!

Was just thinking about this today. Who the hell am I going to root for on Thursday?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
fenderbender123":19xk2rv9 said:
rainger":19xk2rv9 said:
I think all of this coupled with last SB has moved the Pats ahead of the Stealers in my Hate list!

Was just thinking about this today. Who the hell am I going to root for on Thursday?

glad I am working nights and get to miss it....worst season opener I can think of...a lot of criminal masterminds playing in this one!

12th_Bob

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1wt6r8vg said:
rainger":1wt6r8vg said:

^ James Harrison

Tical21

Reaction score
Realistically, I don't see how Belichick is allowed to keep his job after this. I don't think he can survive it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Some of you people can talk of healed scars whatever ect.They never healed for me and winning one didn't change a thing as the 1st Super Bowl goes.I bet the refs were under NFL orders to do what they did and yes probaly for what NE did to the Steelers before.You know the old Steeler owner(s)had a lot of pull in the NFL before Roger.The more I see being put out there these days I believe NE cheated in the last one against us.It may not have been on the RAMS scale but still reeked of fish,I hope proof will come out eventually.Bill should be gone and Kraft with him,all this cheating does nothing positive for the game and puts a lot under question.Can you imagine if this was baseball?You'd be banned for life and forced to sell the team.

drdiags

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3d9wfz8g said:
drdiags":3d9wfz8g said:
Well as the Oakland Raiders used to say "If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying."

IMO there's a difference between borderline conduct ON the field, and cheating off the field.

On the field the players and refs can control the environment and call penalties accordingly................not the case off the field as with the Patriots. And if they do get caught, their transgressions affected the outcomes of games making it too late to right the wrongs.

Raiders weren't just accused of cheating on the field. John Madden talks about how opponents felt the Raiders did things to the field as well as screwing with the locker-room. Maybe this is classified as gamesmanship vs cheating but it isn't like the NFL is on the up and up across the board throughout its history.

Sure, the Patriots cannot keep their hands out of the cookie jar but obviously they aren't changing anytime soon no matter how many draft picks or fines they get.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
drdiags":col1gt19 said:
Raiders weren't just accused of cheating on the field. John Madden talks about how opponents felt the Raiders did things to the field as well as screwing with the locker-room. Maybe this is classified as gamesmanship vs cheating but it isn't like the NFL is on the up and up across the board throughout its history.

Story goes that another player or coach was yelling into a light bulb in the Oakland visitor's locker room, "Madden, I know you're in there! I know you can hear me!"

Peyton Manning refused to have team meetings in the Pats** visitor's locker room, he'd do it in the hall or the tunnel.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1p6gxak8 said:
We root for the Stealers in this game and it's not even close
Thanks, we appreciate your support. We were rooting for the Seahawks in the Super Bowl even though most of y'all still hate us.