ESPN Ranks All-Time Greatest NBA Players By Position

IndyHawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":36f3io53 said:
IndyHawk":36f3io53 said:
fenderbender123":36f3io53 said:
You're right about the era, Kearly. But Shaq didn't put up the numbers that Wilt did, so Wilt dominated his era more than Shaq did his.

I also believe that if Wilt played in a more difficult era, he would have been better. I think Wilt felt like the NBA was too easy for him.
Wow I missed Kearly putting that fat Shaq in front of Wilt.I agree with Fender but I have to add some more.You think it's a weaker era?Less teams but those less teams had the best players spread among them unlike today the talent pool is spread too much since there is too many teams around and not enough talent so you got scrubs.Lebron has been on record saying the same thing.The rules are easier on the players than in Wilts era,they changed rules to make it harder on Wilt but did that work?Hardly..Shaq comes close to Wilt in size but Wilt was a beast.Taller,faster and stronger.Can you imagine as much as Wilt trained in his day what he would do with todays equipment,nutrition,training and the NBA's easier rules that Shaq had?He would absolutely dominate and there would be no one who could stop him.He had track speed,set records in high jump,his strength was of legendary stuff.You can find videos all over You tube to grasp some of this.I'm shocked at how many casually put this guy below anyone.He played from early 60's to 1974.I started watching in
1976 and Lew Alcindor was the next best so I'm trying to understand where are all these centers Wilt never played?Shaq
didn't have very much competition who?Tim Duncan-who beat him,Hakeem?-who beat him,The Worm-who beat him and those three were smaller and nowhere near Wilt.I respect your posts and opinions but I think your wrong in this case.

And if that's not enough to change anyone's mind, let's also add the fact that Wilt averaged 45.8 minutes per game throughout his entire career. Shaq? 34.7.
Yeah and he never fouled out either I believe.Led the NBA in assists one year,a player for the ages.You'll never see again.