peachesenregalia":235tvpzx said:
Uncle Si":235tvpzx said:
If rumors play out...PL management next season

Liverpool- Klopp
United- Mourinho
Chelsea- Simeone
City- Pep
Arsenal- Wegner

Wegner to Arsenal would be huge. He'd have some big boots to fill replacing Wenger. :th2thumbs:

Anyway, United fans would HATE Mourinho running the show. His tactics are boring and often negative, trying to scrape 1-0 wins all season. Still, if it gets results, I guess....

Going from LVG to Mouriinho would be horrible...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2qnghtkt said:
Patience, sweeties, Liverpool will gain consistency as the season moves on. These results will teach him plenty.

No issue with the manager... I just think the squad is full of pap (did I use that right?)

SeatownJay

Reaction score
As an outsider with no vested interest in any EPL club this has been a very intriguing and entertaining first half of the season.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":duqzjj8z said:
As an outsider with no vested interest in any EPL club this has been a very intriguing and entertaining first half of the season.

Without a doubt..

Klopp is now in the PL. Jose is gone but may be back in the near future. It appears Pep is on his way. and Leicester city are the first club since 1890 to be in last place at Christmas one year and first place the very next year..

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":38uqmpb7 said:
Uncle Si":38uqmpb7 said:
What a day

I fancy Chelsea to get a result at The Theater of Shite tomorrow. Can also see Leicester and City battling to a draw. Who knows what we'll see from Arsenil?

As long as Liverpool get their three points...

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I wish we got the win, but alas, it was not to be. I will take the point and slowly climb out of relegation.

Do you fellas think Mou would reallygo to Old Tratford?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":z7g54z68 said:
NJSeaHawk":z7g54z68 said:
I wish we got the win, but alas, it was not to be. I will take the point and slowly climb out of relegation.

Do you fellas think Mou would reallygo to Old Tratford?

Of course, who wouldn't? the money alone is a great lure. As much as it pains me, they're still a 'big club', and have deep pockets. Just not sure it's the move that's needed. He's not going to be a long-term solution, we know he has problems dealing with authority, and he employs negative tactics a lot of the time instead of the free-flowing, attacking football that united fans are crying out for at the moment.

Mourinho will want a big job, and there are few bigger jobs out there than managing United.

you know... i had just made a fairly long post disagreeing about Mourinho and United and then it occurred to me..

where else could he go?

United may be the last "big" job that he would be offered (maybe Juve?)...

Look at the continent right now and try to find a fit:

England:

Arsenal- Wenger
City- Pep
Liverpool- Klopp
Spurs- Pochettino
Chelsea- anyone but him
United..

Only United make sense

Spain:

Real (no, been there)
Barca would implode
Atletico? Maybe, but after Simeone why would they go back to negative football

Germany:

Bayern would never
Dortmund doesnt fit

France:
PSG? Maybe I guess, if they desperately want to win CL

Italy:

Juve and maybe a AC Milan

United might be the only club of any significant stature left to give him a job.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1g3s0eh9 said:
Christian Benteke is going to literally make me lose my mind.

Seriously... And his goal was so well taken, like last week

But... 6 points on the bounce and not getting bullied by more physical teams. Progress and will need to replicate it at West Ham.

5 from 4th, 9 from the top, even with the Mancs, 10 above Chelsea... What a first half

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Liverpool's lineup tonight for the FA Cup match at Exeter:

Bogdan; Randall, Ilori, Enrique, Smith; Stewart, Brannagan; Kent, Teixeira, Ojo; Sinclair

Combined this group has featured in less than 5 first team matches for Liverpool the last 3 years (including that last part because Enrique...)

Smurf

Reaction score
Sorry, I've been working nights....not a lot of time to pay attention to the EPL....

That said, United are a shitshow.

LVG Out. Pep in. Please.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":34v0tkuf said:
Uncle Si":34v0tkuf said:
Liverpool's lineup tonight for the FA Cup match at Exeter:

Bogdan; Randall, Ilori, Enrique, Smith; Stewart, Brannagan; Kent, Teixeira, Ojo; Sinclair

Combined this group has featured in less than 5 first team matches for Liverpool the last 3 years (including that last part because Enrique...)

Ridiculous all these injuries.

Think I could

a. coach this team

b. play CB... I've played against better teams than Exeter... recently. No worse than Enrique

kids look good.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
My beloved Oxford United just beat Premier League Swansea City in the first real shock of the 3rd round. Excellent start to a great day of sport.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":26ewazdn said:
My beloved Oxford United just beat Premier League Swansea City in the first real shock of the 3rd round. Excellent start to a great day of sport.

Roll on Oxford.

Poor Swansea though.