EPL 2014-15 Season

Seabhac

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MLS/status/552862340975427584[/tweet]

Cringe

Seabhac

Reaction score
Methinks - Ghetto for Babe
[urltargetblank]http://time.com/3026192/this-is-what-bae-means/[/urltargetblank]

Seabhac

Reaction score
I was reading the CIES Football Observatory top 100 most valuable players transfer values based on performance.
Raheem Sterling is the 7th most valuable player in the World!
Worth 15M Euro more than Suarez? 42M Euro more than Van Persie?

[urltargetblank]http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/pdf/wp93_eng.pdf[/urltargetblank]

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":1lhdmtu2 said:
[urltargetblank]http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/pdf/wp93_eng.pdf[/urltargetblank]

thats really interesting..

so when are Hazard, Sterling and Pogba off to Spain?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1k3lna0z said:
Uncle Si":1k3lna0z said:
Seabhac":1k3lna0z said:

thats really interesting..

so when are Hazard, Sterling and Pogba off to Spain?

There's already word that Real/Barca will try to get Sterling this summer for 45 million quid. Not sure how I feel about it, to be honest. He's been good but not great this season, seems to have regressed a bit even.

I dont think Real would be in for him. he doesnt fit any of their current needs at the moment, not with Bale/Ronaldo/Illamernda/Isco/Rodriguez.

I can see him being a very viable option for a team like Real in 2016 however.

I tend to disagree on Sterling. I think he is by far our best player and any regression you may be seeing is a combination of the massive weight put on his shoulders, being moved from position to position, having mid table talent around him and no Suarez or Sturridge to pull defenders.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I just think he needs support. by the time any of our players gets into the 18 yard box its taken about as much moving energy as building an Egyptian pyramid, plus luck...

the club needs a new Suarez and new Gerrard (both in position and impact) They're a global force with no discernible name to put on the back of all their shirts. its a shame really.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Guess who's back. Bet you guys missed me (Not really, you guys probably didn't notice I was MIA)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1sywcqr7 said:
Guess who's back. Bet you guys missed me (Not really, you guys probably didn't notice I was MIA)

figured you went to the Packers board...

Wenger to Real, Klopp to Arsenal in the Summer? How would you feel about that?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1wbqku49 said:
Steven Caulker and Richard Dunne are useless tools.

yet would start for Liverpool...

i feel for you, right after drawing level (finally) as well. QPR need the point here.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
QPR are just so slow, sloppy and uncoordinated. 11 men on the pitch and they look like they're doing 10 different things. Redknapp needs to be sacked for QPR to have any chance of staying up.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3g9i25qd said:
Gatehawk":3g9i25qd said:

figured you went to the Packers board...

Wenger to Real, Klopp to Arsenal in the Summer? How would you feel about that?

I'd be indifferent. Never been Wenger In or Wenger Out, to me as long as there is a solid gameplan for when Wenger leaves, I'll be fine with it.

Blueboy

Reaction score
Fantastic result for Palace yesterday, just what we needed. Burnley next weekend so another huge game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Amazing stat (to me atleast): United under Moyes/Van Gaal are separated by only a +2 goal differential (and 5 places in the table, because mediocrity is all the rage) over 21 games. Same record/points.

United fans, how is the progress of your club then? all things considered 4th place is a nice spot to be in, but i was shocked when i saw that stat last night.

(Liverpool, on the other hand, are a very nice 9 points under last years pace...)

Seabhac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":gyewknle said:
Amazing stat (to me atleast): United under Moyes/Van Gaal are separated by only a +2 goal differential (and 5 places in the table, because mediocrity is all the rage) over 21 games. Same record/points.

United fans, how is the progress of your club then? all things considered 4th place is a nice spot to be in, but i was shocked when i saw that stat last night.

(Liverpool, on the other hand, are a very nice 9 points under last years pace...)

The media and ABU fans were the reason Moyes was not given a fair crack at United. The fans, for the most part, stood behind him. SAF was a larger than life figure and anybody trying to follow him was doomed to failure.
When SAF left, so did the locker room regimentation. As we all know , modern football is full of prima donnas and they were in full bloom as Moyes came in. He tried to get them to play his system, they got stroppy - the rest is history.

The difference with Van Gaal is that he has brought confidence back to the club - which is only possible because of Moyes bad year. We are going down the same route as Chelsea, City and Liverpool , spending huge amounts of money bringing in better players in every position. They still haven't jelled - but Van Gaal gives off the impression that he will make it work.

So that was long winded. Whats the difference? We are getting our confidence back.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":23vds7rh said:
Uncle Si":23vds7rh said:

The media and ABU fans were the reason Moyes was not given a fair crack at United. The fans, for the most part, stood behind him. SAF was a larger than life figure and anybody trying to follow him was doomed to failure.
When SAF left, so did the locker room regimentation. As we all know , modern football is full of prima donnas and they were in full bloom as Moyes came in. He tried to get them to play his system, they got stroppy - the rest is history.

The difference with Van Gaal is that he has brought confidence back to the club - which is only possible because of Moyes bad year. We are going down the same route as Chelsea, City and Liverpool , spending huge amounts of money bringing in better players in every position. They still haven't jelled - but Van Gaal gives off the impression that he will make it work.

So that was long winded. Whats the difference? We are getting our confidence back.

so youve got faith in his plan then? fair enough.

The Moyes thing always intrigued me. He never seemed a proper fit. not because he didnt know what he was doing, but because he didnt exude the confidence needed to manage a club of that size. no lack of confidence in Van gaal, deserved or not.

if a slip down the table happens though, do you see backlash?

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3j3829hr said:
Hawkspur":3j3829hr said:
Is Yedlin a Seattle native and/or a Seahawks fan? Because, FWIW his Spurs squad number is 12. Probably a total coincidence, either had the number assigned by the club or chose a number with 2 in it, being a right back, but I like the Seattle reminder in seeing the 12 when he plays anyway.

Seattle native for sure. Bellevue I believe. no idea if is a coincidence or not though

Yes. He's a big seattle sports fan. He raised the flag for the Bears preseason game this season.

He has a ridiculously awesome tattoo on one of his arms: http://instagram.com/p/sv048LvESZ/?utm_ ... aign=photo

From what I understand he chose #12.

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":23017k6k said:
Seabhac":23017k6k said:
Uncle Si":23017k6k said:

so youve got faith in his plan then? fair enough.

The Moyes thing always intrigued me. He never seemed a proper fit. not because he didnt know what he was doing, but because he didnt exude the confidence needed to manage a club of that size. no lack of confidence in Van gaal, deserved or not.

if a slip down the table happens though, do you see backlash?

Agreed on the points above.

Moyes never seemed like a United manager to me...just didn't fit the bill....Was willing to give him another year, but then again I felt the same way about Mora....

I don't foresee any backlash from Van Gaal this season, or into the next.

Same record and Goal difference, but not same feel. Team feels confident and is achieving the results despite a horrible injury plagued season.

Latest posts