Emmanuel Sanders traded to the 49ers

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The PIT game had a lot of gunslinging (and five turnovers). Not saying it was all on the QB, some were more on the receivers, but it wasn't necessarily their best strength. But he so far doesn't have to be a deep baller given his pieces. Their OL doesn't collapse, he spreads the ball around enough and has too many winning options for defenders to realistically put two people on. And of course, that defense.

They will be extremely hard to scheme against with their remaining pieces expected back before 9ers/Hawks 11/11. Sort of like the Saints are now. They lost Brees, they were down Kamara, they still keep winning because they're that complete.

This season is also free of FO and player drama. The GM and especially York stay out of the public eye mostly. Shanny has a gift for doing press availability without getting belligerent or uncomfortable, same for the players coming to the podium. The most drama happened over Sherm's handshake allegation, but that doesn't compare to players accused of beating their gfs or getting severely involved with the criminal justice system.

Of course I want the Hawks to win, but either way I hope the teams remain in contention and create a good rivalry.

Braap49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":a0vdzay5 said:
Braap49er":a0vdzay5 said:
Marvin, can you please come back to the webzone. We are dying without your thoughts after the game. You are 7 weeks behind. COME BACK !!!!!!!! Just ignore the ignorant fans. The zone isn't the same without you

LOL.

I'll probably post something there after game 8.

As for the rest, yeah, the Niner Longsnapper was activated today and his replacement was released.

I'm on the fence on this trade. I like the player, but I don't think their pass game really makes any kind of turnaround until the tackles are back and they have some sense of protection for slightly longer developing patterns.

Yes come back after week 8! But since you are coming back so late, i except your "thoughts after the game" to be 3 pages long.

As far as the trade, i was a little on the fence at first. I wanted a JJones, OBJ, even possibly a Green trade. But that would of been a ton of draft picks that we would have to given up, and would of needed the other team to accept. I'm glad we didn't land Sanu, especially for a 2nd round pick, which we don't have. I think Sanders is the better receiver. He runs great routes, still has some speed, and most importantly. HE DOESN'T DROP THE BALL, LIKE EVER. He already knows the system some what, so it wont be that big of a transition. And we basically just gave them a 3rd rounder . Our WR's are young. We needed his veteran leadership. Hopefully it makes a big impact like Sherman did for our DB's. I'm very excited about this trade now, and hopefully we will see the playbook open up more.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3ua7nf5o said:
The PIT game had a lot of gunslinging (and five turnovers). Not saying it was all on the QB, some were more on the receivers, but it wasn't necessarily their best strength. But he so far doesn't have to be a deep baller given his pieces. Their OL doesn't collapse, he spreads the ball around enough and has too many winning options for defenders to realistically put two people on. And of course, that defense.

They will be extremely hard to scheme against with their remaining pieces expected back before 9ers/Hawks 11/11. Sort of like the Saints are now. They lost Brees, they were down Kamara, they still keep winning because they're that complete.

This season is also free of FO and player drama. The GM and especially York stay out of the public eye mostly. Shanny has a gift for doing press availability without getting belligerent or uncomfortable, same for the players coming to the podium. The most drama happened over Sherm's handshake allegation, but that doesn't compare to players accused of beating their gfs or getting severely involved with the criminal justice system.

Of course I want the Hawks to win, but either way I hope the teams remain in contention and create a good rivalry.

Jimmy is never going to be a consistent deep ball thrower. It simply isn't his gift.

What has been missing from the offense is a ton of intermediate routes off play action. They can't run those things because they can't trust the protection.

Staley MAY be back this week. McGlinchey several weeks off.

Once they are back tho, Sanders fits perfectly.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Braap49er":vy1a2cwj said:
Marvin49":vy1a2cwj said:
Braap49er":vy1a2cwj said:
Marvin, can you please come back to the webzone. We are dying without your thoughts after the game. You are 7 weeks behind. COME BACK !!!!!!!! Just ignore the ignorant fans. The zone isn't the same without you

LOL.

I'll probably post something there after game 8.

As for the rest, yeah, the Niner Longsnapper was activated today and his replacement was released.

I'm on the fence on this trade. I like the player, but I don't think their pass game really makes any kind of turnaround until the tackles are back and they have some sense of protection for slightly longer developing patterns.

Yes come back after week 8! But since you are coming back so late, i except your "thoughts after the game" to be 3 pages long.

As far as the trade, i was a little on the fence at first. I wanted a JJones, OBJ, even possibly a Green trade. But that would of been a ton of draft picks that we would have to given up, and would of needed the other team to accept. I'm glad we didn't land Sanu, especially for a 2nd round pick, which we don't have. I think Sanders is the better receiver. He runs great routes, still has some speed, and most importantly. HE DOESN'T DROP THE BALL, LIKE EVER. He already knows the system some what, so it wont be that big of a transition. And we basically just gave them a 3rd rounder . Our WR's are young. We needed his veteran leadership. Hopefully it makes a big impact like Sherman did for our DB's. I'm very excited about this trade now, and hopefully we will see the playbook open up more.

Julio was never gonna be traded, OBJ won't be traded before the offseason if at all, and while AJ would have been my preference, he's just like Sanders...IE expensive rental, just more so.

Sanders makes a lot of sense, but I hate to part with picks.

NINEster

Reaction score
knownone":d9ebshn6 said:
Garappolo's expected yards is sandwiched between Flacco and Keenum. He's in the top 3 in dumb off passes. The 49ers pretty much had to do something at receiver because those numbers are not sustainable no matter how good your defense is. Sanders is a good one, so we'll see if that helps their passing game turn it around.

It helps to have receivers who can catch balls thrown right into their hands.

Niners don't have WRs that make these seemingly routine catches along with the ability to catch arcing rainbows while lying on the turf, falling over, 100% of the time like Lockett.

NINEster

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":mbwk3i4e said:
That was a good move by them, especially if Deebo's injury keeps him out for a while.

If they had to be pick-light, next year would be the year to do it. They probably will be near the last in pick order and have rebuilt already with more advantagous picks.

Their largest needs struggle this year has been...longsnapper. But they have their original coming off of suspension soon and in any case, longsnapper is not usually a pick priority.

Their QB is not anywhere near elite, but unlike with Kaep, they're not going to try to make him something he's not.

I think the jury should remain out on Jimmy G.

His first five starts along with the two NE starts were worthy of calling him elite just based on play in those games. Those stats I posted of him the end of that season that showed he was #1 in the league at expected points per drive and 3rd down conversions were seen as trolling, yet if he continued to do that now nobody would be able to say anything.

Now that some "eliteness" has worn off, all we can harp on is that.

Hate on him when he's really good, continue to hate on him when he's pretty good.

Moves the chains on 3rd downs at an elite rate, but just harp on the INTs and lack of rainbows.

Going off of his first 16 games as a starter versus Wilson's rookie year, Wilson has the advantage in TD/INT ratio but not completion percentage and about 800 yards less thrown.

At some point this year or next year, Jimmy will no longer be "rookie playing time" but more of a multi year vet. All that time in the past was not wasted. That's how you ideally get to build a QB if you have the luxury of doing so (Rodgers, Young).

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
How bad is the Webzone when Marvin, a die hard 9er fan posts here often and won't post there for 7 weeks? Wow, no wonder I've heard the term "cesspool" so often.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I've heard that the Webzone tolerates no dialogue from opposing fans and that even getting an account as a 9er fan is difficult. They're not traditionally known for being especially welcoming to fans new to the game or their team. Which realistically there will be more of this year.

But what I find hardest to parse is forum navigation. All those megathreads, some going back 10 years, comprising thousands of pages of messages.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2kyikhfb said:
How bad is the Webzone when Marvin, a die hard 9er fan posts here often and won't post there for 7 weeks? Wow, no wonder I've heard the term "cesspool" so often.

Its actually been a lot longer than 7 weeks. LOL.

I used to post every week and I haven't posted at all over there.

I don't have a problem with it so much, but whenever I post the way I do (a "Thoughts after rewatching the game") I get a parade of people who have only been there a few months or years bitching about me posting in the wrong place or duplicating a thread.

"Why does Marvin get to post like this and we don't!?! Wah!"

Some get pissed because I dare stray onto THIS board.

Got tiresome.

There are a ton of posters over there I like and respect, but there are quite a few that make me not want to. It takes time to put together one of those posts and when the first few responses are "TLDR", or "why do you get to post like this and I don't"...why bother?

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":14z3ql9w said:
I've heard that the Webzone tolerates no dialogue from opposing fans and that even getting an account as a 9er fan is difficult. They're not traditionally known for being especially welcoming to fans new to the game or their team. Which realistically there will be more of this year.

But what I find hardest to parse is forum navigation. All those megathreads, some going back 10 years, comprising thousands of pages of messages.

LOL...yeah, I started at least one of those...on Levis from the first time we started getting plans/pictures.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3divugda said:
SantaClaraHawk":3divugda said:

Jimmy is never going to be a consistent deep ball thrower. It simply isn't his gift.

What has been missing from the offense is a ton of intermediate routes off play action. They can't run those things because they can't trust the protection.

Yeah, you can see how they had to alter the playbook after Staley got hurt, and even more when Juice/McGlinchey went down. But even here, they've stayed disciplined and successful in moving the chains. Securing the W decisively. I don't expect when everyone comes back that the approach they're using will fundamentally change.

I also expect Beathard to be traded for picks before the deadline to one of many teams unhappy with their 1s or already playing their 2s. Wouldn't be surprised to see him even go to DEN.

Braap49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":sbeasm5x said:
hawksfansinceday1":sbeasm5x said:

I don't have a problem with it so much, but whenever I post the way I do (a "Thoughts after rewatching the game") I get a parade of people who have only been there a few months or years b!@ch about me posting in the wrong place or duplicating a thread.

Got tiresome.

There are a ton of posters over there I like and respect, but there are quite a few that make me not want to. It takes time to put together one of those posts and when the first few responses are "TLDR", or "why do you get to post like this and I don't"...why bother?

AJ Green will actually be a FA next off-season, and i highly doubt he stays in CIN.

There are a few that will always complain, doesn't matter what it is. They just love to bitch about anything. I've read everyone of your "thoughts after the game" threads since you started writing them. And i haven't personally seen anyone say anything about why you get your own thread, but then again i don't read what everyone writes. I did comment on your last thread you made last year about asking where you were. LOL apparently i tricked a lot of people, they thought it was a recent post. We have also created threads to bring you back. I'm sure you occasionally get on the forum and read posts, is it week 8 yet? 8)

Braap49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3mcl9s30 said:
Marvin49":3mcl9s30 said:
SantaClaraHawk":3mcl9s30 said:

Yeah, you can see how they had to alter the playbook after Staley got hurt, and even more when Juice/McGlinchey went down. But even here, they've stayed disciplined and successful in moving the chains. Securing the W decisively. I don't expect when everyone comes back that the approach they're using will fundamentally change.

I also expect Beathard to be traded for picks before the deadline to one of many teams unhappy with their 1s or already playing their 2s. Wouldn't be surprised to see him even go to DEN.

i dont think CJ is going anywhere, if we do trade a QB it'll be during next years draft. Also, if CJ would of been traded to Denver, im sure he would of been involved in the Sanders trade.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":e08uytx4 said:
Marvin49":e08uytx4 said:
SantaClaraHawk":e08uytx4 said:

I don't think they will all of the sudden look like a run and shoot offense, but they will run alot more longer developing patterns off play action.

Kylke is a Shanahan tho, so he'll run the hell out of the ball even down 20 pts. LOL.

Also, I don't see them trading a QB but if they do it would be Mullens. Not becuase they want to, but because he has value. My guess tho is they hold onto him for insurance against another Garoppolo injury.

I don't think Beathard has much trade value.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Braap49er":2xlve26l said:
Marvin49":2xlve26l said:
hawksfansinceday1":2xlve26l said:

I don't have a problem with it so much, but whenever I post the way I do (a "Thoughts after rewatching the game") I get a parade of people who have only been there a few months or years b!@ch about me posting in the wrong place or duplicating a thread.

Got tiresome.

AJ Green will actually be a FA next off-season, and i highly doubt he stays in CIN.

There are a few that will always complain, doesn't matter what it is. They just love to b!@ch about anything. I've read everyone of your "thoughts after the game" threads since you started writing them. And i haven't personally seen anyone say anything about why you get your own thread, but then again i don't read what everyone writes. I did comment on your last thread you made last year about asking where you were. LOL apparently i tricked a lot of people, they thought it was a recent post. We have also created threads to bring you back. I'm sure you occasionally get on the forum and read posts, is it week 8 yet? 8)

LOL.

No worries. Yeah, over the past few years there would usually be SOMEONE complaining about something. Just got old.

I had initially planned on doing it quarterly but life got in the way.

Washington49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3obqbe42 said:

Not true, there's plenty of opposition there. They are strict. One thing different than here is they will warn or ban and even lock a thread if its getting out of hand, regardless if which teams fans instigated it. In the Seahawks thread yesterday one of the moderators had to repost the rules and put out a warning in the thread because people getting out of hand with the bashing.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Braap49er":25tdgj8c said:
SantaClaraHawk":25tdgj8c said:
Marvin49":25tdgj8c said:
SantaClaraHawk":25tdgj8c said:

i dont think CJ is going anywhere, if we do trade a QB it'll be during next years draft. Also, if CJ would of been traded to Denver, im sure he would of been involved in the Sanders trade.

With all the injured players expected back though, they need the roster space. Someone's going to have to go. If not CJB, who? I would have said Solly or Ward at week 2, but no way are they cutting Ward and w/Solly's progress, I can see them hanging on to him.

ETA regarding the Webzone: I did not know they allowed opposing fans esp Hawks fans. I can kinda see how they clamped down on modding though as in years past things were, well, more cesspool like. My impression though is that they're pretty cliquey still. It's a hard place to start/be accepted if you can't converse in x's and o's or lack deep historical knowledge from following the team for decades.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":avmwjz8q said:
Braap49er":avmwjz8q said:
SantaClaraHawk":avmwjz8q said:
Marvin49":avmwjz8q said:

With all the injured players expected back though, they need the roster space. Someone's going to have to go. If not CJB, who? I would have said Solly or Ward at week 2, but no way are they cutting Ward and w/Solly's progress, I can see them hanging on to him.

ETA regarding the Webzone: I did not know they allowed opposing fans esp Hawks fans. I can kinda see how they clamped down on modding though as in years past things were, well, more cesspool like. My impression though is that they're pretty cliquey still. It's a hard place to start/be accepted if you can't converse in x's and o's or lack deep historical knowledge from following the team for decades.

My hesitance is trading CJ isn't because I don't think they need the roster spot.

Its because I don't think he has any trade value. You could be right, but I'd suspect he might get cut rather than traded. It would be great if they could find a trade partner, but I don't aticipate it.

Mullens tho has much more trade interest, which is to say he has SOME. :D

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
In preseason Shan said CJB and Mullens were extremely close. I think that's why they kept both.

Mullens does have more trade value; I can see him going possibly as high as a 4th, but I suspect that'd be a hard sell from the FO and fan perspective. You'd get less for cjb, but if released there'd likely be buyer competition given the qb market so could be worth a 6th/7th with the buyer probably high in draft order.

If they don't go that route, maybe RB Jeff Wilson or TE Jordan Matthews.