Ed Donatell likely being hired away as Vikings DC

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Shit! I love Donatell. I was really excited for him. As good of a secondary guy as you'll find.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1491442931135545344[/tweet]

Total Pete Carroll yes man move here, right? Look at this absolute yes man immediately getting a better gig. Worthless yes men all around. 8)

Yxes1122

Reaction score
A bit of a bummer if true. Donatell has a lot of experience that I think could help out the younger Desai/Scott/Hurtt.

It'll be interesting to see how this slow moving coaching cycle shakes out when all the dust settles.

nepahawk

Reaction score
Question, if Ed just signed a contract, do we get any type of compensation for him leaving?
Or because it's an upgraded position, he's free to leave?

massari

Reaction score
This guy clearly not enough of a yes man to hire as DC over Hurtt

James in PA

Reaction score
If true, this really pisses me off. His hiring was the only thing that was comforting about Hurtt's promotion. Why does Pete screw around like this? Should have just made Donatell the DC to begin with and let Hurtt walk if he wanted something more. Meanwhile, Fangio is being pursued by Miami and the Giants just hired Martindale. Infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nanomoz

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":rc30nafs said:
$h!t! I love Donatell. I was really excited for him. As good of a secondary guy as you'll find.

Total Pete Carroll yes man move here, right? Look at this absolute yes man immediately getting a better gig. Worthless yes men all around. 8)

Ya. He didn't want to be a "yes" man. He wanted actual authority. So he's bailing. :D

sdog1981

Reaction score
I was surprised more posters were not all over the fact he was UW's DC during the 0-12 season.

getnasty

Reaction score
nanomoz":2209vzbo said:
Maelstrom787":2209vzbo said:
$h!t! I love Donatell. I was really excited for him. As good of a secondary guy as you'll find.

Ya. He didn't want to be a "yes" man. He wanted actual authority. So he's bailing. :D

It appears he bailing for a better job. Why is that so hard to see. Which pretty much every coach does. This has nothing to do with not wanting to be a "yes" man.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
To be fair, I think most Husky fans were thrilled to get a 0 win season that year.

Don't think any of us diehard Huskies would ever blame him for that season.

Can we get Zimmer then?

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
getnasty":2p9k2i64 said:
nanomoz":2p9k2i64 said:
Maelstrom787":2p9k2i64 said:

It appears he bailing for a better job. Why is that so hard to see. Which pretty much every coach does. This has nothing to do with not wanting to be a "yes" man.

That's the sarcasm.

I think the yes man narrative is dumb, especially when referring to Donatell. Yet it was a common refrain.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't recall ever hearing that he had actually signed a contract with Seattle. :229031_shrug:

Jville

Reaction score
sutz":27mepubz said:
I don't recall ever hearing that he had actually signed a contract with Seattle. :229031_shrug:

Plus ........ the policy is to accommodate promotions and encourage the interview process.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
If you’re Donatell, why would you want an Assistant job if you were previous a DC and can stay a DC?

Is this really so surprising?

Seattle needs to throw more into the pot if they want certain candidates.

If there is a job available for you and it has everything you want, why would you take less for another organization.

Carroll made his choice to promote Hurtt and he shouldn’t be upset another team wants Donatell for the same position as Hurtt.

If you ask me, Donatell wanted the DC position all along and thought if he can secure one elsewhere he will do so.

The assistant position with Seattle was just a backup, temp fill until something better comes along.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Maybe Desai could come in now? Can't blame Donatell for taking a DC job over what he was offered here.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1wziy7za said:

If he would have signed with Seattle, he would have been.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":r4xd0eas said:
Maybe Desai could come in now? Can't blame Donatell for taking a DC job over what he was offered here.
Isn't Desai in the same situation?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm just hoping they bring him in and make him DC, even if they have announced Hurtt as the DC.
Just a thought. I don't claim to know much about the guy, and I suspect most of us don't either.

Latest posts