Earl Thomas to hold out until contract resolved

toffee

Reaction score
slateman77":bdrx96pc said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but...According to Earl's agent he would not be a hold out...

His agent's statement void of business logic and acumen.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
A.D.I.D.A.S.":3jki3l75 said:
He suits up by week 6, or he is traded. I can't see him sitting out the whole year.
If he sits out the whole year it doesn't count and he'll be under contract for 2019. No way he'll do that. His only route to free agent is by showing up and playing half the year.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":110fdstb said:
A.D.I.D.A.S.":110fdstb said:
He suits up by week 6, or he is traded. I can't see him sitting out the whole year.
If he sits out the whole year it doesn't count and he'll be under contract for 2019. No way he'll do that. His only route to free agent is by showing up and playing half the year.

And even that won’t work due to the franchise tag, which is another reason this holdout is futile.

bigcc

Reaction score
The idea of siding with players over the team is ridiculous... Not that I don't think these guys deserve their money, but I wish they would sign veteran minimum deals, there's a salary cap, as long as we're trying to make full usage of it i have no problem with the team trying to get players at their cheapest.... Am I supposed to root for a massive extension so we can't re-sign kj or Clark? Lol get real

adeltaY

Reaction score
bigcc":1b30xzhh said:
The idea of siding with players over the team is ridiculous... Not that I don't think these guys deserve their money, but I wish they would sign veteran minimum deals, there's a salary cap, as long as we're trying to make full usage of it i have no problem with the team trying to get players at their cheapest.... Am I supposed to root for a massive extension so we can't re-sign kj or Clark? Lol get real

I'd side with players over team, feels good to be ridiculous man :0190l:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
bigcc":8zlnn6fw said:

So in essence, when we cheer for the team, we are in fact cheering for players (plural).

What we're not behind is cheering for only one individual over the best team field-able; we want the best for each player on the team at the same time, as much as possible under the salary cap. His agent is out of touch with how team sports work, I believe.

If we supported only ET, it would be hard to have a team worth cheering for.

toffee

Reaction score
I pledge my legend to Seattle Seahawks, what's good for the team is good for me, rain or shine. Comes with my LOYALTY, I have zero tolerance for players, coaches, or staffs that are disloyal to the team; or do not have the team's best interest in their hearts.

Earl's agent can kiss my ass.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Well, one thing is certain...Earl isn't playing football because he loves the game. He's playing for money. Based on his comments, money is higher on the totem pole than his passion for the game. If his passion was higher, he'd be in camp.

Aaron Donald, Mack, etc are holding out too. As a Seahawk fan, it's nice to see Donald hold out. He deserves a better contract. Hope it lasts into the season. The Rams are a worse team without him.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
hawknation2018":zu111pj2 said:
KiwiHawk":zu111pj2 said:
A.D.I.D.A.S.":zu111pj2 said:

And even that won’t work due to the franchise tag, which is another reason this holdout is futile.
I highly doubt they would go the franchise tag route, but you never know.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
A.D.I.D.A.S.":2i9sh5uh said:
hawknation2018":2i9sh5uh said:
KiwiHawk":2i9sh5uh said:
A.D.I.D.A.S.":2i9sh5uh said:

I highly doubt they would go the franchise tag route, but you never know.
The point is that we have rights to ET for holdout + 2 years. If he holds out for 100 years, we have him for 102. The only way he can make that clock run is to show up to play before half the season is over.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1ohrt5zm said:
Well, one thing is certain...Earl isn't playing football because he loves the game. He's playing for money. Based on his comments, money is higher on the totem pole than his passion for the game. If his passion was higher, he'd be in camp.

As much as I think Earl's making a stupid decision by holding out, I don't subscribe to this sentiment that he has to choose between loving the game more or less than getting an extension.

I enjoy my job, but if I felt like I wasn't being compensated properly I'd hate to be criticized for quitting or walking out as a sign of being greedy, or not loving what I do.

Sometimes we blur the line with sports, and think it's a game far too often...............and it's not, it's a cold blooded business.

Again, I don't like Earl holding out, but if that's his conviction and he think it'll give him leverage to get traded and/or get his extension? Hard to fault another man for sticking to his convictions.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I hope he sits out 10 games, comes back and we suspend him. Then franchise him next year. Let him rot.

toffee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1euo9gw3 said:
hawkfan68":1euo9gw3 said:

As much as I think Earl's making a stupid decision by holding out, I don't subscribe to this sentiment that he has to choose between loving the game more or less than getting an extension.

I enjoy my job, but if I felt like I wasn't being compensated properly I'd hate to be criticized for quitting or walking out as a sign of being greedy, or not loving what I do.

Sometimes we blur the line with sports, and think it's a game far too often...............and it's not, it's a cold blooded business.

Again, I don't like Earl holding out, but if that's his conviction and he think it'll give him leverage to get traded and/or get his extension? Hard to fault another man for sticking to his convictions.

Nothin' wrong with wanting more $$$ or more respect. It's the hilarious way our HOF FS at his prime Earl went about getting more $$$ or respect that got the 12s' attention. Really quite funny if you think about it.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how far he takes it. He's not getting what he wants from Seattle so he can suck it up and play or watch the games on TV.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":25vexcve said:
Sgt. Largent":25vexcve said:
hawkfan68":25vexcve said:

Nothin' wrong with wanting more $$$ or more respect. It's the hilarious way our HOF FS at his prime Earl went about getting more $$$ or respect that got the 12s' attention. Really quite funny if you think about it.

Earl's like Sherman, but in a different way.

Their emotional passion and conviction is their greatest asset, but also their worst enemy.

That's Earl, he's emotionally volatile, and it hasn't served him well the past year dealing with his major injury all the way through this drama with trade talks and no extension.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
If Earl wants to even sniff the money he thinks he is worth, the best thing he can do is play a full season at an all pro level. He needs to prove he still has it, and can play 16 games. Given how cold the safety market is, he might need to be near DPOY to break 13m/year as FS at 30 years old. I don’t think anyone will be chomping at the bit to sign him to top tier money/guarantees after missing 6 games in a hold out, along with age and all of the other drama he has going.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Earl is done...He can stick it where the sun doesn't shine!

toffee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":8ydifoue said:
toffee":8ydifoue said:
Sgt. Largent":8ydifoue said:
hawkfan68":8ydifoue said:

Earl's like Sherman, but in a different way.

Their emotional passion and conviction is their greatest asset, but also their worst enemy.

That's Earl, he's emotionally volatile, and it hasn't served him well the past year dealing with his major injury all the way through this drama with trade talks and no extension.

Sorry, Earl may be my dawg and lately I am loving him to death, but I got to side with Sherm here. Everything that Sherm did, do and will do were all designed to benefits Sherm, it's always part of bigger picture to benefit Sherm. It may come at others' expense, whether it was his team, his teammate, a fellow nfl player, or the media, but in the end, Sherm alone will reap some reward for his action. Sherm is a cunning sob, crazy things that he did or said was calculated.

My dawg Earl ain't nothin' like that. Or he would have signed somewhere with a long term deal that befits a HOFer at his prime. Sherm? He just came out of major injuries, unproven if he has recovered or will ever back to 95%, but he is sitting on a long term contract. See the difference? Sherm is saying stuffs to make his new team, new coaches, really happy. ie at the expense of the Hawks.

Earl, umm, Earl is my dawg, luv him.