Earl Thomas signed to extension 4yr/$40 Million

Cartire

Reaction score
Polaris":1wup90kh said:
The Sherm deal when it comes down will be the one that'll really eat into the cap space the 'hawks have left this year since his rookie deal is peanuts (being the last year of a fifth round pick). Still I am confident now that I am seeing Earl's numbers, that we should be able to get it done.....especially since the salary cap picture has suddenly become much clearer.

Negative. It's an extension, not a new contract. He'll get his normal pay (plus signing bonus) that he was originally going to get for 2014. Around 5.6 I believe. Then he'll get his $40 mil 4 year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
And he's only 24! Holy crap!

Already a 3 x All Pro, 3x Pro Bowler, Super Bowl Champion = welcome to the HOF at the end of your contract Earle.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Best news of the offseason. I now consider this offseason a success regardless of what happens with Sherman.

Bennett and Earl were the top two guys i wanted locked up long term.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Throwdown":yzavkesf said:
Upon hearing the news

Throwdown and his dog were all like

4nZRdfg

And somewhere a Niner fan is crying about the colors of Will Smith's shirt. Not just crying, but actually taking the time to write a letter to the Fresh Prince and threatening to sue.

danp1990

Reaction score
all thats left now is giving sherman the biggest CB Deal and from whats left over after E.T Contract After First Year Deduction is 10-11 Million in the Cap Room. Im looking at 3-4 yrs. which most likely look like 4yr. 44Million Prorated and ''26-28.5 Million Guaranteed'' this Deal would still Numbers Wise Surpass Dallas Cowboys CB ''Brandon Carr's'' deal http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/brandon-carr/ . I can see this deal happening next week prior to the NFL Draft and also with Mini-Camp Comming up.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2yn7pj1o said:
And he's only 24! Holy crap!

Already a 3 x All Pro, 3x Pro Bowler, Super Bowl Champion = welcome to the HOF at the end of your contract Earle.

All that and you still can't spell his name ;)

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1j66hjyx said:
Was hoping to see 6 years!

It's actually 5 years, it's a 4 year extension added on top of his current year.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Looking for all I could find on Thomas (because we all know it's more important than work) and I came across a facebook posting he made over the weekend

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater[urlTargetBlank][/urlTargetBlank]

In case the link doesn't work it was basically the picture below with the caption "Young Money"

1471987_243149772557567_1971787244308007571_n.jpg

Looks like maybe his way of hinting that the deal was done and just not announced yet or maybe I'm thinking too far outside the box on this one

drdiags

Reaction score
Glad to hear it. Congrats Earl and happy to have you aboard for another possible 5 yrs+. Next up, Sherman. Let's see how that works out.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Great news on Thomas but I'm trying to understand a few people who think Sherm should make more than Earl..I just don't see it that way...

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
IndyHawk":kllaiqkx said:
Great news on Thomas but I'm trying to understand a few people who think Sherm should make more than Earl..I just don't see it that way...

Historically the top CBs get paid more than the top safeties. That's just how it is. That precedent will certainly now get put to the test for this team. Hopefully Sherman gets extended soon and we will find out.

kidhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1ecmhb5j said:

It's because of positional values in the NFL. If you are the best at your position, you expect to be paid as such. Safeties have NEVER had an average salary break $10 million per season over the terms of a contract before, so Earl is getting paid more than anyone in the history of the position over the 4 year term of his deal (as of now).

Corners are valued higher, so for Sherman to be valued at the top his deal has to be more than Thomas' deal, it's just the nature of the league

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Hell yeah! This is awesome!

On a side note....good thing this happened today instead of tomorrow when .Net will be down for maintenance.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Oi7q5d

Man, I am so glad we got the deal done. If Thomas continues his stellar play, he should be a lock for HOF.

Latest posts