Eagles Riley Cooper being racist

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
-The Glove-":nd5py9ox said:
I think it's more ignorant than racist. Repeated actions and use of such words towards a specific group would make you racist, imho.

I think that's a reasonable point of view. I don't think everybody who's ever said something racist is "a racist" either. Same for "bigot" or "sexist". The noun is much more powerful than the adjective. People make mistakes all the time. We've all had racist or sexist or bigoted thoughts, I don't think that defines us a people. But yeah, repeated actions and use is a different story.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
EDIT: Damn, just realized I was a bit late on this. Oh well, enjoy the video a second time. :mrgreen:

JesterHawk":2i5vl7m2 said:
Word scramble: ngiger

Whether you come up with ginger or the n word determines if you're racist or just hate redheads. If you get both you just hate Lil Kim.

[youtube]KVN_0qvuhhw[/youtube]

pehawk

Reaction score
There goes my parenting crutch. I was hoping to tell my kids to view people who can play well with balls, as role models.

KEWASTEES

Reaction score
I think he didnt mean anything by it. I think other people do mean something by it when they use it. Not this guy, not in this isolated instance.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
KEWASTEES":2d99psig said:
I think he didnt mean anything by it. I think other people do mean something by it when they use it. Not this guy, not in this isolated instance.

He doesn't get to not mean anything by it. Using a racial slur doesn't mean you hate all people of that race or want them to die. It's mean and disrespectful and a lot of his peers are going to lose respect for him and dudes on the football field are going to be looking to lay him out, and that's the price he's going to pay along with being publicly shamed. And that's what he gets for doing what he did. That's culpability.

CPHawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3qpjngel said:
What kind of annoyed me was NFL network saying he used "the worst racial slur of them all." Really? We are putting weight on different racial slurs instead of classifying them as all the same. What if he said, "Chinks", "gooks", "beaners", "********", etc. What about "faggot"? If you're going to get upset over one racial slur, get upset over them all. And the continual use of Redskins is a good point. Not every Native I've talked to is offended by it, but it is still very much a racial slur to a lot.

I didn't realize being gay is a race. That said I don't get why some many whites are ok with being called a honky or cracker. I won't call you a racial name, but don't call me one either, and both of those aren't meant as a compliment.

hawker84

Reaction score
Carlin would say a word is just a word and harmless in itself, it's the context in which it's used that's damaging.

In this instance, i think he'd agree, the context in which he used it was damaging.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
CPHawk":1kcgcrcv said:
-The Glove-":1kcgcrcv said:
What kind of annoyed me was NFL network saying he used "the worst racial slur of them all." Really? We are putting weight on different racial slurs instead of classifying them as all the same. What if he said, "Chinks", "gooks", "beaners", "********", etc. What about "faggot"? If you're going to get upset over one racial slur, get upset over them all. And the continual use of Redskins is a good point. Not every Native I've talked to is offended by it, but it is still very much a racial slur to a lot.

I didn't realize being gay is a race. That said I don't get why some many whites are ok with being called a honky or cracker. I won't call you a racial name, but don't call me one either, and both of those aren't meant as a compliment.

Who are you talking to? :?:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
CPHawk":1uhi4l3w said:
-The Glove-":1uhi4l3w said:

It's not that's why I put it in a sentence on its own. Obviously, I could see where it would seem like it I am including it with the other racial slurs.

jpetty38

Reaction score
Funny how the more offended someone gets at a word the more you hear it....

CoolRodney

Reaction score
He may not be a racist, but he was definitely being racist and dat ain't cool.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Ok...Let me get this straight....A white dude calling other white dudes n--ers is racist too?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":28c79ds4 said:
Ok...Let me get this straight....A white dude calling other white dudes n--ers is racist too?
Security guy was black apparently. Don't know if he had issues with that guy or some other guys

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I'll never understand white people's concern about when and why they are or aren't supposed to use that word.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3v3zx01g said:
I'll never understand white people's concern about when and why they are or aren't supposed to use that word.
Why are we all one group called white people? If you said "you people" to some brothers, you might get your ass kicked.

Wait a tic, you are being anti whitey racist because you know there is no ass kicking in it for you. Clever.

Latest posts