Eagles chose Arcega-Whiteside over DK

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Must really suck to be an Eagles fan right now. You pass up on DK for a guy who looks like a bust. DK goes off in your own stadium and ends your season.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Some of the green bay fans wanted him too....Arcega-whiteside. Now they are kinda saying no thanks as well. Oops.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, DK can only run straight line fly routes, remember. :sarcasm_off:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
sutz":3rlgd981 said:
Once I saw his draft moment clip/call I knew he was going to be good...

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":fndmeu9q said:

Yeah he ran that straight slant route and then took it straight up the field on that first big gainer for him, glad he is a one trick pony and only catches with his chest also.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2yy3vf32 said:
sutz":2yy3vf32 said:
Once I saw his draft moment clip/call I knew he was going to be good...

Wasn't that magical to hear?! I felt that same way too, here is a guy who is going to come in and work his ASS off. And he has.

Here is DK's phone call again, with John Schneider and Pete Carroll, for anyone who missed it:
https://www.seahawks.com/video/john-sch ... -k-metcalf

And how masterful Pete Carroll is in talking to this young man... that is where Pete Carroll is absolutely BRILLIANT. That's why players want to come and play for CARROLL in Seattle. I mean, if you were in that position, feeling snubbed, emotional, and heard this from Pete Carroll, wouldn't you be absolutely FIRED UP to come to Seattle and prove everyone wrong, and not just that, but filled with desire not just to prove people wrong, but motivated to do the work to absolutely DOMINATE??!!

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I still think Arcega-Whiteside will be a good WR in this league. He was the one I wanted the Hawks to get in round 2. His college game was NFL ready. Philadelphia's offense as a whole was a disaster this year. Chalk a lot up to injury or whatever, but as soon as they lost DeSean Jackson, that whole offense suffered. If you can't adjust your offense when you lose a one trick pony deep threat (he's exceptional at that one trick, though), you're going to struggle badly. That team needs an offensive overhaul, coordinators included.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Arcega-Whiteside was decent at Stanford, he'll probably end up decent still but he's a rookie who was thrown in a bad situation.

Metcalf should have been a top 10 pick. Teams overthought that one.

ClippedBird

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":29wkx0m1 said:
Must really suck to be an Eagles fan right now. You pass up on DK for a guy who looks like a bust. DK goes off in your own stadium and ends your season.

Thanks Captain Obvious. That would be like me saying...Must have sucked to be a Hawks fan here. You pass up on running here with ML and lose the ultimate prize.

usatsi_8361488.jpg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
ClippedBird":240kbl5o said:
Hawk-Lock":240kbl5o said:

Thanks Captain Obvious. That would be like me saying...Must have sucked to be a Hawks fan here. You pass up on running here with ML.

usatsi_8361488.jpg

Awwww...someone is salty. We get it, it sucks to lose your last 6 games to us (and 8 of 9).

Nothing but respect for the Eagles, but don't stick around in here being a tool.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
While true for the Eagles and Metcalf, I don't recommend looking at the list of players we could have had over the years ... it's not pretty. Included in that list is Fletcher Cox. We traded that pick to the Eagles in 2012, and eventually took Bruce Irvin instead.

Honestly, EVERY franchise has a list of "man, we could have had HIM!" draft picks.

ClippedBird

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":349gutqk said:
ClippedBird":349gutqk said:
Hawk-Lock":349gutqk said:

Thanks Captain Obvious. That would be like me saying...Must have sucked to be a Hawks fan here. You pass up on running here with ML.

usatsi_8361488.jpg

Awwww...someone is salty. We get it, it sucks to lose your last 6 games to us (and 8 of 9).

Nothing but respect for the Eagles, but don't stick around in here being a tool.

Sorry man. My saltiness is at a high level but lowering with each passing minute. Much respect to the Hawks!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
An Eagle fan buddy sent me a congrats email after the game. He didn't even bring up the Clowney hit. He called the win much deserved and his annoyance was how this exact thing from draft day

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I wasn’t trying to be arrogant, just pointing out that Eagles passed on DK for a guy who looks like a bust. I’m sure any Eagle fan would say the same.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I know some of Seahawks Twitter was obsessed with JJAW. And John DeFilippo. Neither of those really worked out, or at least haven't yet.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
DK > Arcega Whiteside. So far. Maybe even permanently. But you have to consider he was really a good and very productive WR at Stanford. Also quite frankly for the athletic talent DK actually under achieved where he was in College. They had other good WR's so DK didn't always get the ball. But if you looked at it in College it's somewhat understandable the way they were picked.

I honestly thought Arcega Whiteside would be better. I'm shocked to see him struggle. I thought he would make an impact. He is young and still may improve. It doesn't completely surprise me that DK is doing well. He is big, strong, tall, fast and just a beast of an athlete. So I thought in the right system he could do well. Going deep with Russell Wilson throwing to him on broken plays is perfect for him. I think he can be very successful with that and has already shown so.

Latest posts