Dunlap traded to Seattle

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Gio":3vp64x1a said:
Definitely Clay over Suggs. He's more versatile player , type of OLB/DE player. I also can't wait to see what Snacks will bring to the table.

I hate Mathews just me holding an old grudge though. Dirty player, tried to cuncuss Russ in the NFCCG. thank goodness for the bubbly water.

As for Snacks, if anything he takes some of the run game pressure off our other more rush type DTackles. I doubt we ever see 10 sacks again from the position, but keeping them fresher makes it more likely to get at least SOME pressure up the gut.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Even if we could just make QBs uncomfortable or have to move it could lead to more off target throws vs QBs dropping dimes on our secondary, even when the coverage isn’t bad

Threedee

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3cgkgzap said:
Gio":3cgkgzap said:
Definitely Clay over Suggs. He's more versatile player , type of OLB/DE player. I also can't wait to see what Snacks will bring to the table.

I hate Mathews just me holding an old grudge though. Dirty player, tried to cuncuss Russ in the NFCCG. thank goodness for the bubbly water.

As for Snacks, if anything he takes some of the run game pressure off our other more rush type DTackles. I doubt we ever see 10 sacks again from the position, but keeping them fresher makes it more likely to get at least SOME pressure up the gut.

On the plus side, Matthews is at least an equal opportunity offender. He went headhunting for Kaeperpick during the 2014 opening week game in SF.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1321488426038923266[/tweet]

Confirmed. It's BJ Finney.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Awaiting details, but if they didn't pay too much, I'm all on board.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2kdwhk9l said:
gowazzu02":2kdwhk9l said:
Maelstrom787":2kdwhk9l said:
TwistedHusky":2kdwhk9l said:
We still need Clay.

Completely confused on how we were not even at the table for Everson.

A 6th is worth it. A 5th would have been to get him for $3M.

Dunlap will help but the opportunity to get much better for cheap was right there.

I still fail to see how Griffen would've helped. He's been, quite literally, one of the absolute worst defensive ends in football for nearly a full seasons worth of play now.

Agreed, he's had ample opportunity to rush the passer for a defense even worse than ours. And he's made zero impact.

I like the Dunlap trade. I'm afraid we had to give up a lot. It seems we either fleece the other team (Diggs, Clowney) or get fleeced ourselves (Adams, Duane Brown) there's really no in between.

Exactly.

Meanwhile:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1321485334031589376[/tweet]

This trade makes good sense, if they can shed the salary (which, they've succeeding in doing, whoever the player ends up being) and the pick is low.

He's been an above average reliable guy on an otherwise bad defense for quite some time. I don't hold it against him for wanting out after this new FO has seemingly moved on from him. Must be frustrating being stuck on a team that has been going no where for quite a few years. Honestly, I could see this being just like Jamal Adams and how excited he was to come to Seattle and play for a competitor.

He immediately upgrades the starting DE spot and lets Benson become a rotational guy which is where he did his best work.

samwize77

Reaction score
I hate to say it, because we need help...but to me this is another trade for a fading/aging vet that we were so accustomed to in the past. I hope I am really wrong...because we really need the help. And I said "fading"....not has been......lol...

rcaido

Reaction score
Wow, JS did it again! Not only we get our man, we got rid of a crappy useless contact!

Plus we still have Hollister we can use for trade bait. He will probably get a showcase this Sunday is my guess if we dont trade him this week.

PNW

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1ou10hpt said:
Gio":1ou10hpt said:

This is football, people are gonna get lit up. I bet you were cheering when Golden Tate took Sean Lee’s soul RIP lol you need to just get over stuff like that, Mathews got his jaw broken last year trying to tackle CC if it makes you feel better.

themunn

Reaction score
Can he play on Sunday or does he need to go through covid protocol like Snacks?

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
themunn":2kkehldn said:

Sounds like since he had to fly commercial, he has to go through 6 days of testing before joining the team.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawks made out with this deal - giving up a little used player, BJ Finney, and a 7th round pick for Carlos Dunlap. Nice job JS. Currently, Dunlap is a far better player than Griffen.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
SB Nation logoBengals trade Carlos Dunlap to Seahawks for BJ Finney

The Cincinnati Bengals are trading Carlos Dunlap to the Seattle Seahawks, according to ESPN reporter Adam Schefter. In return, the Bengals are getting a seventh-round pick and offensive lineman B.J. Finney.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
themunn":2ilaabx4 said:

I think he has to go through the same sit-out process so we won't have him for sf

LTH

Reaction score
He will have to go through protocol...

LTH

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2scqbpdb said:
Gio":2scqbpdb said:

Grant Wistrom became a fan favorite for awhile. Or at least forgiven for clicking Hass on a pick. Or at least I came around on him. A lot gets overlooked when the production is on your own team.

Chapow

Reaction score
Getting Dunlap for Finney and a 7th is way, waaaaaaayyy, better than Griffen for a 5th.

I wonder if any of the people that were so quick to criticize Pete and John for not getting a worse player for a steeper price are going to give them any credit for this very good move?