DT thoughts

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
I have really gotten into drafting Sweat...here's why...you can find DT 6- 6.2 300 pounds but need a big anchor...at 330-350 (Hankins like) so Sweat fills that for at least 4 years...then you fill in around him. Where am I wrong? Thoughts?

cheese22

Reaction score
I've been very surprised Sweat isn't getting more love. Maybe some of that is playing on a team with the best DT in the draft. I know NT isn't a high value position, but it would sure help fill their biggest weakness from the last couple years and a guy who can get pressure from inside.
I always find myself taking him after a trade down, too.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
He is a monster but the issue appears to be his weight control. Stories online say 360 is the low end of his weight struggles and sometime he can get to 400lbs. If he isn't going to work on his weight control he will probably flame out, but if you can get him to actually control his weight, he will probably be a steal for someone.

Chawker

Reaction score
You need to check the roster we have 4 NTs already, its just not a need. I'm not saying we couldn't use a good run plugger in the middle, lord knows ! Mac wants versatility in players on defense, I just don't see it with taking Sweat. 366 lbs we'd use up our time outs just getting him on and off the field. Big plug tho !

nwHawk

Reaction score
I have really gotten into drafting Sweat...here's why...you can find DT 6- 6.2 300 pounds but need a big anchor...at 330-350 (Hankins like) so Sweat fills that for at least 4 years...then you fill in around him. Where am I wrong? Thoughts?
I’m on the bandwagon too.

Atradees

Reaction score
I have us drafting two of them. Our first two picks. A good use of ammo. I imagine the two guys I want will be there and we go wr and rb. The two guys I wanted go to the probowl. The two guys we picked not on the team in two years.

Chevy

Reaction score
I would love to have Sweat clogging up the run game. JS seems to think NT can be had later in drafts or signed as free agents. But we only have 1 NT locked into more than a one year contract. Start Sweat and have Cam Young play some DE on obvious running plays, while also being the backup NT to Sweat.

There are a couple of intriguing NT later in the draft, and the Seahawks had one in for a team visit. So I think they will pass on Sweat, unless he fall to the 3rd round. Also, there a few big NT/DT/DE in the 2025 draft.