DT Dewayne Cherrington signed

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah Williams is toast at this point. You don't make this many moves at the position if you are satisfied. And so far, Williams is the guy who has looked bad.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Cherrington is a big Ol' run stuffer NT, 36 rep of 225 at his pro day, reasonable athletic numbers for a 6'1", 345 pound specimen.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think Williams could get moved get moved to IR so they can see how well he can play with healthier knees.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I am very excited about this , I went to high school with Dewayne Cherrington . I played on JV with him and then in 10th grade he moved in Georgia . He is a big dude and has a personality like Russell Wilson.

I know that position group in deep , but my fingers will be crossed.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
jammerhawk":9phkjp7a said:
I think Williams could get moved get moved to IR so they can see how well he can play with healthier knees.

That's what I think too. If they tell him to rest up this year and compete next year for a starting spot, he might be cool with going on IR. He just doesn't look like the player he was in College and I think it's his knees causing him trouble.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I very much enjoy that when Pete and John identify a problem, they bring as many competitors as possbile in order to fix it.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
HawkFan72":xhrmidv2 said:
jammerhawk":xhrmidv2 said:

That's what I think too. If they tell him to rest up this year and compete next year for a starting spot, he might be cool with going on IR. He just doesn't look like the player he was in College and I think it's his knees causing him trouble.

I would not be surprised at all if they go this route, especially when they added two more DTs today.

kearly

Reaction score
I'd guess that we'll see more DTs signed in a week after the first wave of cuts, and I wouldn't be shocked if we saw a trade near the final 53 man roster date. Williams has looked bad, but Seattle is almost desperate for run stuffing depth behind Mebane and Bryant. McDaniel can probably earn a roster spot just by being a solid run defender at this point.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1jimgm7v said:
Sarlacc83":1jimgm7v said:
I very much enjoy that when Pete and John identify a problem, they bring as many competitors as possbile in order to fix it.

So very anti-Ruskellian!

Well, he did trade for Deion Branch. That has to count for something, right? :34853_doh:

Hawks46

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1v0e1hg2 said:

I read this on the fieldgulls article, and it's something no one has really mentioned. Everyone is saying how much Williams sucks, and he fell to the 5th round due to knee issues, but maybe it's still a lingering issue and he can't get much push off of it. I never really thought of it from that perspective, but it makes a ton of sense. Pete and co. were stoked beyond belief that they grabbed Williams, and they've had glowing praise for him throughout TC, so I don't see them giving up on him that quickly.

Guys like Williams and Simon will probably get IR'd and get some more experience next year. Add to that another draft and we could just be stacking insane depth into our team.

seatownboy

Reaction score
CHamPion SHIp. I think Williams will get moved to full back and mrob will get released, he costs to much money. Jesse will start Seahawks down under for the fans, mrob will be forgotten quickly.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
This is so exciting . My boy from high school who I use go up against in pregame warm ups gets picked up by my favorite team. Big D is a massive man . I hope he makes some noise.

12thMan1

Reaction score
I'm thinking that Mcdaniel gets cut before Williams does. He hasn't been able to show the team barely any production.

Jville

Reaction score
kearly":lvs9ngyu said:
I'd guess that we'll see more DTs signed in a week after the first wave of cuts, and I wouldn't be shocked if we saw a trade near the final 53 man roster date. Williams has looked bad, but Seattle is almost desperate for run stuffing depth behind Mebane and Bryant. McDaniel can probably earn a roster spot just by being a solid run defender at this point.

I'm concerned about the lack numbers of physical 2 gap candidates on the roster as well. Dewayne Cherrington will now get a closer look. Massive defensive tackles with some movement skills are hard to find. With McDaniel's health history, I think they need to continue the search. I see this as the teams most vulnerable concern.