Draft Nightmare Scenarios for NFC West

Lynch'sLamborghini

Reaction score
It's well established that there's an unusual amount of talent in this year's draft. From the Seahawks' perspective, what would you argue is the "nightmare" scenario of acquisitions that you see our NFC West competition making?

At this point, I have trouble seeing that St. Louis Rams not drafting one of Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans - at least. The real nightmare scenario in my eyes is that they somehow acquire both, or perhaps more realistically, one of the pair along with Jedeveon Clowney at #2. Instant changes that could make the Rams instant contenders for the NFC West.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
They'll be a handful for sure, not really worried about the WR's due to the Hawks having an all universe secondary. The one that keeps me up at night is Clowney to the Rams. How is the O-line going to stop that three headed beast of Quinn, Long and Clowney?! The Rams could set some single game team sack records if that happens.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm not worried about Rams picking offense, we just shut down the best offense ever to play a season in the NFL and Denver had both big and speed guys and a much better QB to get them the ball.

Clowney, you can only have so many guys on the field, Quinn and Long and Clowney sounds good but unless you change a position they will rotate or be in a new package and we will have to compensate. I would be more concerned if they got a running game, yeah we were burnt the first time but we showed we can stop it the second time around.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":26sb9q9g said:
They'll be a handful for sure, not really worried about the WR's due to the Hawks having an all universe secondary. The one that keeps me up at night is Clowney to the Rams. How is the O-line going to stop that three headed beast of Quinn, Long and Clowney?! The Rams could set some single game team sack records if that happens.

Same way we compensate for the 49ers defense, we make adjustments.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I hope the Rams don't pick Manziel myself(or Bridgwater). I would hate to see San Fran pick up Sam Watkins or Mike Evans and they have the draft capital to do it too.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
chris98251":3ev6qd75 said:
I'm not worried about Rams picking offense, we just shut down the best offense ever to play a season in the NFL and Denver had both big and speed guys and a much better QB to get them the ball.

Clowney, you can only have so many guys on the field, Quinn and Long and Clowney sounds good but unless you change a position they will rotate or be in a new package and we will have to compensate. I would be more concerned if they got a running game, yeah we were burnt the first time but we showed we can stop it the second time around.
I get ya, I'm just concerned about Russ's health.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would bet that the O line for the Hawks as well as interior defense are the big priorities, health wise we were a nursing ward really across the line and healthiest for the Super Bowl. Pete shut down Wilson's scrambling a lot after he got dinged up and we all seen the difference he makes in the Super Bowl unleashed.

Better protection of him I think is going to be paramount this season and getting better depth or players there as well as getting and keeping them healthy.

davidonmi

Reaction score
2 things, they trade down, get a node package and get Robinson or Matthews. Or they get clowney and then Evans at 13

kearly

Reaction score
I'm not really scared of anything the 49ers or Cardinals do in the 1st round. The Rams though, boy it would suck if Clowney is there for them and they sell that pick for a truckload of picks.

My nightmare scenario would be them somehow trading with Atlanta to move down a few spots, snapping up Teddy Bridgewater and Mike Evans, then using that boatloat of picks from the Clowney trade to shore up their OL and secondary.

If they hold steady at #2, the best (non-QB) pick they could make is Sammy Watkins.

OP
OP
L

Lynch'sLamborghini

Reaction score
kearly":2l7hvrnc said:
I'm not really scared of anything the 49ers or Cardinals do in the 1st round. The Rams though, boy it would suck if Clowney is there for them and they sell that pick for a truckload of picks.

My nightmare scenario would be them somehow trading with Atlanta to move down a few spots, snapping up Teddy Bridgewater and Mike Evans, then using that boatloat of picks from the Clowney trade to shore up their OL and secondary.

If they hold steady at #2, the best (non-QB) pick they could make is Sammy Watkins.

I agree, Kearly. I have trouble seeing them not taking Sammy Watkins at #2. I similarly agree about the 49ers and Cardinals - there's comparatively little either team, or the Hawks that matter, can do to make themselves immediately or dramatically better at #30-32. There's just not that many pieces missing, the '9ers secondary situation notwithstanding - the pieces in place already mostly have to continue to grow and succeed.