Draft..and thats a wrap

Hawknight

Reaction score
Mixed feelings with this draft, but in no way am I any expert. Totally different draft than I imagined it to be...thinking defense was the way it would go. On that note, I'm looking forward to the upcoming season and seeing how these new players turn out. Wishing them all nothing but success for this year. Go Seahawks!

Aircrew

Reaction score
I didn't necessarily expect this draft either, but that wasn't the mindset I approached it with. I basically sat back and waited to see what the picks were and from that interpreted 1. How Pete and John made their picks (need versus BPA) and 2. What their picks mean as it pertains to the long term strategic vision. As of me typing this, I really like what I see and I especially like that they didn't go QB in the 1st round. Speaks volumes about their confidence in Geno/Lock. Looking forward to the UDFA list and training camp.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I don’t understand the RB pick from UCLA rather have taken OC

Rainger

Reaction score
They did get an OC the best in the country and in the 5th round after getting a needed skill player in a under maned RB position. Why does that not make you happy???

It would have made you happier to take the OC 2 rounds earlier??

Last edited:

bsuhawk

Reaction score
You and most of the talking heads grading the draft. PC is stubborn when it comes to running the football and (as the past several years have shown us) you need multiple RB1s sharing the load to be successful over the course of the season.

toffee

Reaction score
Mixed feelings with this draft, but in no way am I any expert. Totally different draft than I imagined it to be...thinking defense was the way it would go. On that note, I'm looking forward to the upcoming season and seeing how these new players turn out. Wishing them all nothing but success for this year. Go Seahawks!
I felt the same way, and I believe the feeling was based on two things:
  1. John and Pete felt that our defense holes were addressed to a higher extend by our FA signings than we the fans were led to believe.
  2. John and Pete did not draft enough 'brand names', like Carter or Nolan Smith etc.,

QWERTY

Reaction score
They did get an OC the best in the country and in the 5th round after getting a needed skill player in a under maned RB position. Why does that not make you happy???

It would have made you happier to take the OC 2 rounds earlier??
You and most of the talking heads grading the draft. PC is stubborn when it comes to running the football and (as the past several years have shown us) you need multiple RB1s sharing the load to be successful over the course of the season.
They took a center. A very good one and didn't have to give up prime capital to do it.

Seattle has a master class draft from start to finish.

I'm not talking about Center talking about

O'Cyrus Torrence

QWERTY

Reaction score
As for RB's, there are so many of them that you can find them in late draft picks or even not drafted.

Rainger

Reaction score
As for RB's, there are so many of them that you can find them in late draft picks or even not drafted.
Can you just be happy?? Or is everything a failure and never good enough? They know their needs and draft values. You can't have the supposed best at every position in every draft.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I really like our draft. I'm sure I was like most people coming in thinking we'd just stack DL and see who stuck in camp, but this was so much better. Wasn't thrilled about running with Mike Jackson again and was hoping Tre Brown might be able to bump him, now I'm giggling about our CB depth. Figured DK and Tyler would carry the mail again this year and maybe one of our also rans might finally step up, now I'm excited about our W3. Was going to cross my fingers and hope KW3 made it the whole season without getting dinged up, now I'm thinking how great it will be to sit Walker occasionally and have him fresh for the playoffs.

OL got more competitive. We got some young guys on the DL too, and in retrospect I'm glad it's 1 or 2 new guys at each spot instead of 3 or 4.

This is going to be a great class for us and what's even better is that AZ, LA, and SF didn't pick a single player I'm worried about. It's going to be a two team race for the West this year, and I'd say we are younger and hungrier!