Don't live in Seattle? Worried about local TV coverage?

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
What's up everyone?!

Just wanted to give all non-Seattle resident Hawk fans the heads up as to a means of being able to see all the games during the regular season this year.

As a non-Seattle resident for the last couple years, I've had to subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket through Playstation Network in order to watch the Seahawks during the regular season (at the HEFTY price of $300+) and was more than happy to pay such a large amount of money to do so because let's face it, you can't put a price on seeing the hawks play on a week to week basis.

However, a few weeks ago I went into the Playstation Network to subscribe to Sunday Ticket, only to find that the service isn't available this year (and as I understand it, NFL ST won't be available through X-box this year either).

Solution:

After about 5 minutes of research, I found an EXTREMELY lucrative solution to this issue. Madden 25. More specifically Madden 25 Anniversary Edition w/ NFL Sunday Ticket on Amazon.com.

Apparently, if you order this version of Madden through Amazon for $100, it comes with an NFL Sunday Ticket activation code that's good for this entire year. The catch is that it'll only work on your laptop, tablet, or phone. However, if you have an HDMI input on your TV and laptop, you can watch the games on your TV (through your computer). I was shocked by how good of a deal this was... Not only do you get the new Madden (where the Hawks have an overall rating of 90 btw, lol) which costs $60 anyway, but for an additional $40 you get Sunday Ticket (which is a minimum value of $300) and... YOU GET TO WATCH EVERY SEAHAWK GAME THIS YEAR!!!!

I'm cautiously optimistic about this deal - as I'm well aware of the manner in which DirecTV enjoys screwing people out of money - but from what I've read on various forums, the deal is in place and it SHOULD work w/o having to subscribe to direcTV.

***Fingers crossed***

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know about this so you can do your own research and decide whether or not it's worth the risk and money. I think this offer is limited to the first 5,000 orders on Playstation & X-box (10,000 total) so if you're going to roll the dice - do so FAST!

That's all I got, GO HAWKS!

Johnny

Reaction score
This is the B/S of the NFL now a days....

For how much Goodell 'talks' about how much he wants to expand the game to its fans.... I don't know why it's so hard for the fans to get to watch these games...... I understand if you live in the area of your favorite team like within 100 miles then you shouldn't be able to buy packages like Game Pass from NFL Network and such, but I live in California and don't want direct tv and that's where the NFL needs to fill the gap for it's fans. I say if you live outside of like 250 miles of the team you want to watch than the NFL should make a package that you can buy from your local cable provider that gives you access of ever game of their season, but that's just me!

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Johnny":2pq1kuem said:
This is the B/S of the NFL now a days....

For how much Goodell 'talks' about how much he wants to expand the game to its fans.... I don't know why it's so hard for the fans to get to watch these games...... I understand if you live in the area of your favorite team like within 100 miles then you shouldn't be able to buy packages like Game Pass from NFL Network and such, but I live in California and don't want direct tv and that's where the NFL needs to fill the gap for it's fans. I say if you live outside of like 250 miles of the team you want to watch than the NFL should make a package that you can buy from your local cable provider that gives you access of ever game of their season, but that's just me!

Agreed. I live in Cali too and I do have my ways of watching, but the NFL should make it a hell of a lot easier to watch your team if you're not within a couple hundred miles.

Axx

Reaction score
The nfl website lets you stream the seahawk games after the game finishes all season long for $30.
I think ill just do that except for primetime games of course where i go to bww

fenderbender123

Reaction score
So if I pre-order this madden 25, is it guaranteed that I will have access to sunday ticket on my PC? Or is it a gamble? You mentioned that it only goes to the first 10,000 buyers...will they tell us when they have reached that limit?

Killa Kam

Reaction score
fenderbender123":4ns72fx1 said:
So if I pre-order this madden 25, is it guaranteed that I will have access to sunday ticket on my PC? Or is it a gamble? You mentioned that it only goes to the first 10,000 buyers...will they tell us when they have reached that limit?
Just make sure you're buying the madden that comes with Sunday ticket and not the regular one. Regular Madden 25 costs $60 and the one that comes with Sunday ticket is $100.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_ ... adden%2025

RockinHawks

Reaction score
I pre-ordered this two months ago...really keeping my fingers crossed; however, I used my buddy's online code for his Sunday Ticket, last year, to watch on my computer...and it was great. I have relatively high hopes for this.

It beats going to the bar every Sunday and fighting for a good spot, and arguing with the bartenders/local Jets/Giants fans to turn one of the televisions to the Seahawks game...

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Axx":15nqrtv0 said:
The nfl website lets you stream the seahawk games after the game finishes all season long for $30.
I think ill just do that except for primetime games of course where i go to bww
I've done this for parts of the 2010 season while living in Denver. Lets just say it was a very frustrating experience.

Unless NFL.com has changed this since 2010, games aren't available until after the Sunday Night game. Meaning a 1 o'clock game won't be available until around 9.

So, being a fan of seeing games without knowing the outcome, I'd do my best to avoid any reports on the game, but I had more than a fair share of failed attempts avoiding any spoilers.. The waiting and hiding from friends, .Net, and media sources sucked.

drcool

Reaction score
I recently moved to Jacksonville, FL and was expecting to be able to get Sunday Ticket on the PS3 but since that isn't available I am gonna try the Madden thing as well. I ordered mine a couple weeks ago. Can't wait for it to get here so I can try it out.

disturbedesv

Reaction score
I don't understand why NFL won't just charge a subscription the way they do for preseason... their costs to support it are nothing compared to what people would be willing to pay... even if you only had access to one team's games... ugh

Cartire

Reaction score
disturbedesv":3j27b3x2 said:
I don't understand why NFL won't just charge a subscription the way they do for preseason... their costs to support it are nothing compared to what people would be willing to pay... even if you only had access to one team's games... ugh

$6 billion reasons why.

The exclusive deal with direct tv is the sole reason they can't offer a subscription for live games (in the states) like they do with preseason live.

When this deal was done, Internet streaming wasn't nearly as popular. I full expect in 2014 when the deal expires that the nfl will take advantage of it along with any new deal that is put in place.

disturbedesv

Reaction score
Cartire":erdv3qz8 said:
disturbedesv":erdv3qz8 said:

$6 billion reasons why.

The exclusive deal with direct tv is the sole reason they can't offer a subscription for live games (in the states) like they do with preseason live.

When this deal was done, Internet streaming wasn't nearly as popular. I full expect in 2014 when the deal expires that the nfl will take advantage of it along with any new deal that is put in place.

Let me rephrase... there's gotta be a way to work with DirectTV (like this Madden Game) to create another type of subscription & make everyone some money... just stupid that that's not a priority... that's all

Cartire

Reaction score
disturbedesv":2s57gsnt said:
Cartire":2s57gsnt said:
disturbedesv":2s57gsnt said:

$6 billion reasons why.

Let me rephrase... there's gotta be a way to work with DirectTV (like this Madden Game) to create another type of subscription & make everyone some money... just stupid that that's not a priority... that's all

I dont think you have to rephrase. This madden deal is from DirectTV. They are the only ones allowed to sale (or giveaway in a promotion) a subscription based ticket for live NFL games from FOX and CBS. The NFL, along with anyone else besides DirectTV, cant do it. And DirectTV is not going to allow anyone too, they already paid a massive amount to be exclusive.

Like I already said, that deal expires 2014. The NFL will then begin negotiating with DirectTV and all other media outlets. I wouldnt be surprised if the NFL this time around doesnt go exclusive with a provider and instead offers the rights to all providers (for a fee of course) and the NFL itself will host an online package (like they currently do with GamePass internationally).

Either way, I understand your frustration with the choices and how its presented, but its not because the NFL wants to limit you, its because the NFL likes money, alot. And a lot of it was given to them from DirectTV, and thats why you and I and alot of people are in this current predicament.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
DirecTV could stream games on their own site and charge almost anything. And make back their 6bil. I'd pay a hundred bucks to stream all the 'Hawks games live. Other than 49er and Raider games, we don't get squat in Nor Cal. Even after (or before) the Niners and Raiders play, they'll show some east coast crap that nobody here even cares about.

Did I just end a sentence with a preposition?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
The NFL/Directv got sued about this by some Cowboy's fans. Interesting case. The Cowboys fans wanted to be able to buy games a la carte because the Cowboys weren't on national TV like twice on year. But they had to sign up for the whole season. Directv settled I believe and allowed a la carte game purchases, but they made them around $29 a game. So it was a much better deal to buy their whole season.

It really sucks that the only way you can get one team's games is to get reamed. I have no interest in any other team, but I've had NFL Sunday Ticket (or its precursor) since way before Directv had the exclusive. I watched it on our big C-band dish (and paid for it), and then on Primestar. I've been a subscriber since at least 1994, and in all of that time they have given me one free season. It's BS.

By the way... the contract does NOT expire in 2014. It expires at the end of the 2014-2015 season. Just to clarify... I think you're saying the same thing, but just don't get your hopes up that you'll have a different option next season. It will be at soonest the year after.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Just curious, what exactly is the "risk" involved with paying the 100 dollars for madden 25.

OP
OP
seaNOmercy

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
fenderbender123":29p951a4 said:
Just curious, what exactly is the "risk" involved with paying the 100 dollars for madden 25.

That you pay the extra $40 and there's some unforeseen technicality where DirecTV screws you out of Sunday Ticket (e.g. you aren't a DirecTV subscriber and DirecTV is available in your area so they tell you to subscribe in order to receive the service).

I've always assumed that if a deal looks too good to be true, it probably isn't.. That being said, I'm still cautiously optimistic about this and trying not to get my hopes up b/c I'm putting all my eggs in the Madden 25 basket!

On a side note, this offer is limited to 50,000 copies per console - not 5,000 - my bad! I just checked on amazon.com and was wondering why it hadn't sold out yet, lol..